How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2012
backstage pass

Makeup for Sensitive Skin
Do you find your skin to be allergic?
BEcause if it comes to me, I cannot use many products , like certain powders and foundations, otherwise I get spots on my face and it is terrible. So for those of you who seem to have allergy I recommed you German produtcs : Benecos ( I only use their blush which is great and powder - it is also very good) . If it comes to foundations I use either Vichy or La roche.

Last edited by Sylvviaa; 13-01-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

15-01-2012
backstage pass

I've found out that mineral makeup is good for my sensitive skin, as long as it's without bismuth and lauoryl lysine but I haven't really found a brand that I love. I used to be a big fan of Everyday Minerals but after they startet to put lauoryl lysine in all of their products I've stepped away from them.

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup is also ok for me to use during cold winter months like now (when my skin gets very sensitive). I really want to try La Roche Posay's makeup but their colour-selection is not very good (at least here in Norway) and none of their colours suits me

My skin is a little easier to deal with between late march - early october, then I don't have to be as careful with what I put on my skin. It's the cold that makes my skin a little crazy and hyper-sensitive.

Last edited by Nikoline; 15-01-2012 at 11:03 AM.
28-01-2012
backstage pass

My skin is very sensitive and allergic so I cant buy normal foundations or powders, even some eye shades cause problems...
if it comes to creams I cannot use anything that has mineral oil.

30-01-2012
fashion elite

My skin is sensitive but not only to the products but to the sun since I am ghostly pale. I can't really wear foundations since all of them clog my pores and irritate my skin so I mainly stick to wearing BB creams and light powder. I prefer the BB Creams by Missha (Korean) since they make a few that actually match my Skintone.

rising star

I get allergies from eyeshadows and eye pencils of bad quality, so I stick to Lancôme, Chanel, Bourjois, and MAC.
In Germany I've found Manhattan is pretty good for a cheap brand, but it's a hit and miss allergy wise.

30-03-2012
fashion icon

Avene, Vichy, La Posay Roche

windowshopping

i stay away from cream blushes for this reason (leads to acne flare-ups)
also what helps is washing make-up brushes regularly, and replacing mascara and liquid eyeliner products about every 3 months due to bacteria.

17-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesedgwick View Post
i stay away from cream blushes
you could try this one (I really love it and the color is intense)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benecosrouge01.jpg (365.3 KB, 1 views)

17-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharrrina View Post
I get allergies from eyeshadows and eye pencils of bad quality, so I stick to Lancôme, Chanel, Bourjois, and MAC.
In Germany I've found Manhattan is pretty good for a cheap brand, but it's a hit and miss allergy wise.
I also get allergies from eyeshadows etc, but it is not due to cheap brands in my case but due to ingredients especially mineral oil. I always try to avoid it. ( It also clogs your pores and may cause acne if your skin is sensitive).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, sensitive, skin