How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Thanks for sharing WheresMyUmbrella!

I tried Armani LSF yesterday at Sephora and really liked the texture and it matched pretty well my skin tone. It's a little expensive for foundation but I feel like it's worth it. I'll just get that when the pay check drops!

Retailqueen, I thought at one point to try tinted moisturizer especially in hotter months but never found a brand that had darker tones.
I heard Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer was good but the shades we have in France are too light for me.

26-02-2008
tailored

retailqueen, i use ysl's tinted matte moisturizer in shade 6, but it may have been discontinued...

i've also heard bobbi brown's tinted moisturizer is pretty good...

tfs star

Quote:
i agree marla...
i use armani's LSF in 11 and it works fine...
but i have noticed that some of the newer foundations from armani only go up to 9...
11 is my shade too! I didn't know that the newer products stop at 9. That's a let down, especially considering that Pat McGrath helped develop the line originally.

27-02-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

^Haha! I tried Armani LSF 11 too!

27-02-2008
tfs star

You guys seem to love the Armani. Now I have to try it! How are the concealers?

ALSO: Does anyone know if MAC Select Tint is any good?

Last edited by WheresMyUmbrella; 27-02-2008 at 03:13 PM.
27-02-2008
tailored

the armani is one of the better higher end foundations i've tried...
it really makes you look a bit dewy and not super matte...
i also like chanel's teint innocence...it has a nice luminous sheen to it...
like if you mixed armani fluid sheer with foundation...

i've never tried armani's concealers...
i like mac's the best...

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresMyUmbrella View Post
You guys seem to love the Armani. Now I have to try it! How are the concealers?
I've never tried the concealers either but kimair is right. It's the only foundation I've tried that actually gives a dewy appearance without making my skin look like a oil slick.

The MAC concealer pencil is a godsend. It is always in my makeup bag.

17-03-2008
backstage pass

I use LaurA Mercier (Toffee Bronze)-the best foundation by far for oily Acne prone skin, of course I use the oil free foundation.
I used Bobbi Brown but my Dermatologist recommends Laura M all the time and she is a woman of color.
Bobbi Brown gives a flawless finish and has really good coverage except it clogged my pores/made them larger.

So ladies go for Laura Mercier.

Also, its impt. to apply your makeup with brushes esp shadows, A lot of makeup artist recommend, blend, blend blend for a good look!!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiannack View Post
I'm in love with Bobbi Brown foundations I've been searchin for years but no other brands had the rich color that many black women have other foundations that were close to my skin color always made my skin look dull
Black Opal has pretty good foundations for a decent price if your not willing to spend too much
Bobbi brown is fab! I had been searching for years and tried all the Brands (MAC- was the worst too dark, or too light or too red- and made me break out bad) they dont have a colour for meduim brown skins. I also tried Clinique, Dior, Estee Laudeer, Rimel, Maybelline, lancome, Fashion fair and Iman (the last 2 were soo thick!
I have oily skin and bobbi brown oil free foundation is great as it makes me feel nourished- not too dry and not to greasy. I then use their foundation stick in golden- to cover spots!
During the day I dont wear eyeshadow- but still want my eyes to stand out so I use Clinique high defination mascara- EVERYONE complements me on my eyes whenever I am wearing this.
I also love Lancom Juicy tubes in Melon number 22- as it has a subtle pinkish/ melon colout makes my lips look...Juicy!

02-05-2008
tfs star

Have any of you tried the new MAC Mineralize powder foundation? I saw it on their website, and I was impressed with the range of darker tones. How does it hold up? Does it look ashy? And how do the colors compare to the rest of the line? Is "deeper dark" NW40-ish?

20-06-2008
fashion elite

What's so special about MAC ??
I'm using Black Up' stuff for more than a year now,and I must say that it's the best make up I've ever tried.Maybe I should give a try to Armani range though.

20-06-2008
tfs star

I bought the Cover Girl mineral pressed powder a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the coverage. It doesn't come in a huge range of colors but if the darker ones match your skin tone then it's worth trying. I use it with a kabuki brush.

I tried Black Up when I lived abroad but wasn't blown away by it. I never tried the foundations though...

Last edited by marlasinger; 20-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
21-06-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

I think MAC was one of the first major and mainstream brand to include shades for Black people so I think that's one of the reason why so many people like it, plus it's really good quality and whatever the kind of look you appeal to, you can find the right color, texture for achieve it.

I only like and use the Black Up blush but I'm not really into that brand but then I'm not such a make-up person.

My main goal is to have a nice and glowy skin tone so I use foundation and a bit of concealer, plus mascara and blush when needed and that's about it.

I saw that Sephora is finally selling Bobbi Brown's tinted mosturizer in darker shades and I'll treat myself to it. I really need to skip foundation if it keeps being this hot.

22-06-2008
scenester

what number Armani LSF would you guys suggest for an NC50? I looked at 11 but it seems a little red. I have golden undertones. Thanks for your help!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythebest4me View Post
what number Armani LSF would you guys suggest for an NC50? I looked at 11 but it seems a little red. I have golden undertones. Thanks for your help!
I'm NC45 and my shade was 11.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
african, black, dark, makeup, skin, tips