How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2013
trendsetter

Marc Jacobs Beauty
Marc Jacobs launched his new makeup line

http://www.marcjacobs.com/beauty/

Has anyone tried it? Thoughts?

18-11-2013
V.I.P.

I bought the mascara a while ago. I'm not blown away by it but it's pretty good, especially because it wasn't that expensive. Doesn't smudge, looks very natural, is easy to remove. Not sure I will get it again when it's used up, though.

I'm curious about the nail polishes! I find it hard to guess what the colors really look like due to the bottle being such a weird shape, they look different in every store I've seen them at. The 'Petra Charcoal' color looks beautiful in pictures.

Thanks for creating this thread , I noticed there wasn't one for MJ Beauty a while ago but never got around opening one.

18-11-2013
trendsetter

My cousin bought a couple of their nail polishes, she says the pigment is great and easy to apply.
I am wondering about their foundation the reviews are mixed about it. I am addicted to foundations, I cant wait to get my hands on it and try it out but they dont sell MJ cosmetics where I live yet.

18-11-2013
V.I.P.

the felt tip eyeliner in blacquer is supposed to be really good.

the price points are a bit much for me. i feel that they would have made more money selling at a mac price point.

V.I.P.

That sounds good about the nail polish. Thanks for the feedback, D A N A.

I wish they had a liquid eyeliner with a brush, I'm not a fan of felt tip eyeliners. My favorite Maybelline one (Liquid Eyeliner High Definition) seems to have been discontinued and I've been on the hunt for a new one for a while and can't seem to find anything similar

The prices for this line are a bit inconsistent, IMO. While the eyeliner is indeed fairly expensive, as well as the lip gel, I find most products to be reasonably priced.

21-11-2013
trendsetter

Psylocke: Give Benefit's liquid eye liner a try "Magic Ink" I think its quite good!

21-11-2013
V.I.P.

^That one sounds great from all the reviews I'm reading online. I'll give it a try! Thank you!

21-11-2013
tfs star

Picked up Marc Jacobs' Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Heart Shaped and love it. Quite sheer, but really nice, smooth & creamy consistency that stays put for quite a while.

sephora

trendsetter

So I finally got the Marc Jacobs foundation, I did not like it one bit- so over hyped!
the consistency is liquid but it doesn't stay on the skin very well it moves more than other foundations... it changes colours within 4-5 hours & doesn't cover as well as other foundations I have!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, jacobs, marc