How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Has anyone tried the blackhead removing silver powder?
I ordered two Mario Badescu products through HQhair.com: the Special Mask for Oily Skin and the Silver Powder.

I tried the Silver Powder yesterday. It looks a little strange as it's basically a white dust (be careful with the jar or you will spill it all over!!) and you dip a wet cotton ball or q-tip into the powder and apply it on your nose, chin and other problem areas. The powder forms a thin mask-like layer that dries on your skin for about ten minutes. Then you're supposed to remove it with toner or astringent but I just washed my face again as it can be a little difficult to remove...

This morning I noticed a visible reduction on the blackheads on my chin and the sides of my nose. I plan to keep on applying it a couple of times a week. Also, I read on makeupalley that if you use a pore strip after the powder, it will remove a lot more blackheads too. But it was late last night and I wanted to go to sleep so I didn't try that.

For those outside the US, how much does their site charge for shipping? I've been trying to register and do the survey, but it won't let me register because I leave the State/Province box blank...

30-04-2006
windowshopping

Mario Badescu
Has anyone used any of his products? I just bought his facial spray and I was wondering if anyone other products were worth getting.

30-04-2006
V.I.P.

there's already a thread on this. Please use the search at the top of the page first before you start a thread

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...are-10378.html

windowshopping

I just discovered this brand and have ordered the Facial Spray because I heard great things about it - has anyone tried it?

I also took the survey so hopefully they send me some samples. They are still doing the free sample thing, right? I heard they send an email about it.

17-05-2006
backstage pass

Sorry Bonchic, I've searched for others MB thread but I found only this.

Rach884, I've just receved my last order from MB yesterday, I've tried a lot of their products and I have to say that I like the most of them. They send me samples the first time I made an order and also last Christmas. At the moment I'm using Orange Cleasing soap, Chamomile Cleasing Lotion in the morning and Special Cucumber Lotion in the night. I absolutely love their lotions!!!! I also use the Facial Spray when I need to refresh my skin, I think its' great!
If you want you can do their "skin test" on-line and they will advise you which product is better for your skin. And they are also very kind, I've written them asking questions and they answered very fast.
If you need other information just ask me.

19-05-2006
scenester

Updating my previous post: I've been using the Silver Powder 1 / 2 times a week for about a month now, and I'm noticing a definite improval on the size of my pores. My skin is also much less prone to pimples and I didn't even breakout before my period!

19-05-2006
backstage pass

MaggieTheCat thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to try the Silver Powder next time that I will make an order from MB.
I usually buy their products from their website, I'm from Italy and I tought that the charge for shipping depended on the total prize of the order but I'm not sure because I had a look on my old orders and even if the total prize was quite different the shipping prize was always between 30$ and 40$. So I don't know how they calculate the shipping, but I can say that they are very fast, to Italy just 2/3 days after the ship.

27-02-2007
scenester

Im currently using some of MB products:

* Acne Facial Cleanser: I love this cleanser , best one so far and I can tell I have used loads of different cleansers in my life. Its really special and does what it says, keeping my face clear and acne-free without drying out my skin

* Buffering Lotion: I can almost say this is a miracle product against cystic spots/acne. Very efficient in clearing them up. The only downside on this, is the applying method. I have to use cotton balls otherwise it gets really messy and wasted but the best is to use your hands then product is more efficient. I would buy again when its finished but I dont think I ll have to in a long time because there is a lot of product and only need to use a tiny bit each time!

So far nothing but raves!! I have just ordered the Special Cucumber Lotion, cant wait to try it out!!

15-03-2007
backstage pass

I'm so happy, I'm going to London and I'm going to buy a lot of MB products because is not more possible to buy them from internet, for people who live in Italy...
I think I will buy Silver Powder,as recommended from MaggieTheCat, and I would like to try the Acne Facial Cleanser. But I can't decide what else to buy, do yo have any suggestions???

15-03-2007
scenester

I definately can recommend this eBay seller 'myskincarestore', they sell most MB products and ship internationally for a very decent price. I have now ordered several times from them and always very happy with their service.

16-03-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyang83
I definately can recommend this eBay seller 'myskincarestore', they sell most MB products and ship internationally for a very decent price. I have now ordered several times from them and always very happy with their service.
Thank so much for your help, I'm going to take a look now and I will try it for sure and I hope they can do it.
The problem isn't that MB don't ship to Italy but that in Italy now we have very strict rules for beauty products coming from outside Europe, so last time I ordered online at MB the italian customs office send it bac to US...

16-03-2007
tfs star

I have used the calma face mask. Its meant to calm redness. It was OK and i suppose it did but it was a bit greasy.

09-06-2007
rising star

has anybody tried the buttermilk moisturizer?

05-09-2007
rising star

has anyone tried their whitening mask?

10-09-2007
V.I.P.

I have tried the whitening mask , its ok.. It will reduce your scarring in 1 -2 months but I dont think its worth it..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
badescu, mario