How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2007
rising star

1-2 months is usually about the time it may take to fade on its own, thanks, i'm trying this aveeno wash, i don't know, i just want to feel comfortable without makeup

14-09-2007
V.I.P.

Well i can tell you hat mask is rubbish if it takes 1-2 months ahh well =( have you tried laser? or Peels? Or maybe whitening cream? The whitening mask is so not worth it . i feel pretty ripped off but my scarring ahs gone so much better over thwo -three months.. but I still need concealer..

03-07-2009
fashion insider

i ordered a few items, as i've never tried the brand before.

i just used the collagen moisturizer for kicks because i was eager to use something in all of the stuff i bought recently (and it all came today), but most are masks, etc. so this was the only thing i can use atm. it feels wonderful and the texture of my skin is unbelievably soft/smooth. i'm looking forward to using the other products for sure!

backstage pass

has anyone tried out the new vitamin c serum? I just read about it today!

03-08-2009
i'm almost ready..

picked up some of the famous MB drying lotion the other day.. noticed a small difference in the morning but nothing enormous.. after 2 nights things were looking a bit better, so i'll stick with it and see if it perhaps just takes some perseverance with the more stubborn spots. the sales girl told me it's important to let the contents of the bottle settle and just dip a Q-tip down into the calamine lotion..

in any case i'm happy to have finally found some of this stuff.. it can be tricky to hunt down! the silver powder and buffering lotion both sound good.. might have to try those next.

05-08-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
I ordered two Mario Badescu products through HQhair.com: the Special Mask for Oily Skin and the Silver Powder.

I tried the Silver Powder yesterday. It looks a little strange as it's basically a white dust (be careful with the jar or you will spill it all over!!) and you dip a wet cotton ball or q-tip into the powder and apply it on your nose, chin and other problem areas. The powder forms a thin mask-like layer that dries on your skin for about ten minutes. Then you're supposed to remove it with toner or astringent but I just washed my face again as it can be a little difficult to remove...

This morning I noticed a visible reduction on the blackheads on my chin and the sides of my nose. I plan to keep on applying it a couple of times a week. Also, I read on makeupalley that if you use a pore strip after the powder, it will remove a lot more blackheads too. But it was late last night and I wanted to go to sleep so I didn't try that.

For those outside the US, how much does their site charge for shipping? I've been trying to register and do the survey, but it won't let me register because I leave the State/Province box blank...
Why don't you try hqhair.com? I order them from there. The shipping is ah-mazing! SO fast!!

trendsetter

I just ordered some MB products on Ebay, Buffering lotion, Drying lotion and Special Cleansing lotion.. I dont know how long it will take to arrive but I'm looking forward to trying them and they were pretty cheap ( compared to other stuff i have tried)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russh_kris_z View Post
Well i can tell you hat mask is rubbish if it takes 1-2 months ahh well =( have you tried laser? or Peels? Or maybe whitening cream? The whitening mask is so not worth it . i feel pretty ripped off but my scarring ahs gone so much better over thwo -three months.. but I still need concealer..
Even if someone sees an area on their skin looking better, it takes an actual full 28 days for your skin to get used to the product. So have some patience. This mask is good for brightening pigmentation.

Another good mask is the Azulene Calming Mask-Martha Stewart recommended this to me when we talked on her Sirius show. She also uses ALL the serums.

I also love the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. It's my friend's, so I will use it at their house if I have left mine at home. Non-irritating, and an instant glow.

15-08-2009
V.I.P.

It's rare that a website anymore (especially in this economic time) will send out free samples. I just applied and did the little questionnaire about my skin, etc. etc. and they are sending me:
  • Seaweed Cleansing Soap
  • Cucumber Cleansing Lotion
  • Hyaluronic Eye Cream
  • Orange Tonic Mask
  • Collagen Moisturizer (SPF-15)
  • Seaweed Night Cream
  • Pre-shave Conditioner (I was reading about this, sounds like HEAVEN!)
  • Shaving Cream
  • Drying Lotion
  • Special Healing Powder
  • Almond & Honey Face Scrub

06-09-2009
V.I.P.

Received all those samples yesterday EXCEPT they left out the Drying Lotion and Special Healing Powder.

Have any gentlemen on this forum who check this thread used the Pre-Shave Conditioner? Do you just apply it underneath the Shaving Cream? There are no instructions for it inside the booklet they sent or on their official website, and no reviews for it on makeupalley.

Looking for info about how to use this exactly, or your experience.
ebay.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mbshave.jpg (31.4 KB, 113 views)

07-09-2009
front row

Regarding the whitening mask, I actually think it brightens my skin a little bit! I'm loving although it feels a tad drying...

22-10-2009
THE STRANGER

I was almost gonna buy a few Mario Badescu products from this online store for our country. Then I checked the MB official website. They sell their stuff up to 4 times the original price here. I am so doing international delivery...

22-10-2009
trendsetter

theres a store on ebay called makeupboutique that sell alot of stuff Try them

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I also love the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. It's my friend's, so I will use it at their house if I have left mine at home. Non-irritating, and an instant glow.
Some of us () are considering getting this as an exfoliant

Plus the glycolic gel. You know, for the disgusting blackheads one can't be bothered to extract

we were in love

22-10-2009
THE STRANGER

^If you do, order it from the official Mario Badescu site, it's a lot cheaper... and you get to chose a sample for each product you buy! Type in "bargains" for your promo code and you get 10% off

Right now I've dumped the Glycolic Acid Toner, Olive Eye Cream, Azulene Calming Mask into my cart. I'm thinking about throwing in an SPF15 Lip Wax too

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
badescu, mario