How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2004
windowshopping

Hello everyone..

I'm new here.. loving the site, although it is taking up far to much of my working day!!

I recently got given some Mario Badescu skincare samples and I have found them really good...
The seaweed nightcream and the Kera moisturiser hand the cucumber cleanser have been the best so far, although I still have several to try.

Has anyone else used this brand? What did you think of it? What are some of the best products?

03-11-2004
windowshopping

I love Mario Badescu products!

Their Drying Lotion and Drying Cream are great for spot acne treatments. I can see a major result after just 1 night's use and neither of them ever seems to dry out my skin.

The Glycolic Acid Toner is great to use in the winter months because it is so gentle.

I also like the Carnation Oil makeup remover, it takes off all my eye makeup easily and doesn't dry out the skin around my eyes at all.

My all time favorite product is the Rosewater facial spray. This stuff is amazing! I use it all year round. It makes my skin feel so refreshed when I use it, its also handy to keep in my gym bag for a post-workout spritz.

03-11-2004
front row

Love em love em love em my friend gave me a gift certificate last year and I'm hooked on their services and products ever since. Here's the link to get free consultant and free samples.
Mario Badescu

19-12-2005
front row

My sister-in-law just suggested the seaweed night cream for me. It's making my skin so soft and smooth, I want to use it during the day too.

19-12-2005
tfs star

The botanical facial gel is really gentle, as is the cucumber toning lotion. I really liked the healing and soothing mask

19-12-2005
front row

I've been looking for a powerful moisturizer to wear on my skin during the day that won't make me too oily (I'm prone to break-outs). Has anyone tried any of the daily moisturizers?

19-12-2005
V.I.P.

I believe there is already a thread on this brand as I remember commenting on it a while back. I highly recommend the enzyme cleansing gel (non foaming, smooths skin!).

19-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss
I believe there is already a thread on this brand as I remember commenting on it a while back. I highly recommend the enzyme cleansing gel (non foaming, smooths skin!).
How often do you use it? The woman at the store recommended no more than once a week to me.

20-12-2005
V.I.P.

^Wow really?! I use it once daily. I'm shocked to hear that as it is one of the most mild cleansers I've ever used (unless perhaps there are some super strong AHAs in it?). Its never once bothered my skin, and believe me I get rashes just from scratching an itch!

20-12-2005
tfs star

the daily moisturizers are okay. The only one i've tried is the regular oil free with SPF 17..it's a bit heavier than other creams i'd tried. but it's still nice.

22-12-2005
tfs star

I've heard wonderful things about these products - does anyone know if they are available in Australia?

29-12-2005
backstage pass

I absolutely love Mario Badescu products!
And I've tried some of them, my fav are Chamomile Cleasing Lotion and Keratoplast Cream Soap, now I'm using the Control cream for the day because often my skin becomes red expecially with cold weather!
I live in Italy and so I usually buy the products directly on the we site, www.mariobadescu.com, it's easy and very fast! I think they sell also to Australia.

29-12-2005
tfs star

^thanks

13-01-2006
backstage pass

I was about to start a new topic on MB but I'm so glad there's already one up! I'm pretty much in love with MB's services and products. Most of the products I've tried have been perfect. I was even recommended the seaweed cleaner which isn't really for my skin type but which I still loved. The very first time that I got a facial was at Mario and I ended up spending upwards of $200 on the facial and goods. Totally useful especially since they help you pick out products specifically for your skin. The skin consulation they do over the internet won't really cut it (I did it) and I think it not only doesn't show the range of their products but that they send the same samples to everyone.

Products I have tried at some point:

-Seaweed Cleansing Soap
-Healing Cream
-Buffering Lotion
-Enzyme Cleansing Gel
-Special Cucumber Lotion
-Control Moisturizer (for Oily Skin)
-Healing and Soothing Mask
-Gycolic Foaming Cleanser
-Kiwi Face Scrub
-Cucumber Tonic Mask
-Drying Cream
-Aloe Moisturizer with SPF15
-Collagen Moisturizer with SPF15
-Ceramid Eye Gel

19-02-2006
backstage pass

tried it. i thought it would work. but...it didn't. their 'famous' drying lotion and cream didn't even work at all. was really really disappointed.spent a lot of money on it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
badescu, mario