How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2011
tfs star

Was giving my HG mascara Diorshow, a break and was testing out the YSL Faux cils and Givenchy Phenomen .The YSL was okay at separating but no drama or or length as for the Givenchy one, it really lengthen my lashes but in a spidery way, which I don't mind but sadly both of them transfer under my eyes. For some reason I can't rap my head around that but definitely going back to Dior.

28-09-2011
front row

Does anyone know of a good waterproof mascara that gives a lot of volume and length? Only wear mascara when I go out, but I think I might be allergic to it because my eyes ALWAYS water and destroy half of my makeup I use YSL faux cils, but it doesn't matter which one I use, they always water..

28-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryciaga View Post
Does anyone know of a good waterproof mascara that gives a lot of volume and length? Only wear mascara when I go out, but I think I might be allergic to it because my eyes ALWAYS water and destroy half of my makeup I use YSL faux cils, but it doesn't matter which one I use, they always water..
I also experienced a reaction to Faux Cils, I believe it was because of the strong fragrance. It was such a bummer, as I loved the way that mascara made my lashes look! If Maybelline's Full 'n Soft is available in your country, I would go for that. They have a waterproof formula as well. It gives length and volume, builds up well, and doesn't clump up. Covergirl's LashBlast waterproof is also good, I haven't reacted to that one (however, I wouldn't recommend the regular formula, which flaked off like crazy on me). If you really want to use a department store brand, I'd go with Shiseido. They don't make waterproof mascaras (I'm not sure whether that's what you're after), but none of them flake, run, or smudge at all.

07-02-2012
windowshopping

I wear Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks and so far it's the best mascara i've own. It gives great volume, lengh and it is waterproof.

You could try it, I highly recommend it!

12-02-2012
fashion icon

I tired Lancomes, YSLs, Chanels, Diors and I decided to come back to good old Max Factor's Masterpiece Max.

12-02-2012
trendsetter

^ it's the best one out there

backstage pass

Diorshow Iconic and Inimitable were always my favorites, but nothing, NOTHING will ever beat They're Real! by benefit.

no clumping, no smudging. my lashes are superlong and after 12 hours they still dust my eyebrows when I look up. the brush is amazing. It's a little wet when you first use it but after a few uses it is so SO legit.

fashion icon

My fave is L'Oreal's Lash Architekt

trendsetter

I said this before, and will say it again because I will use this forever: Chanel Inimitable intense. This is a dream, doesn't clump yet gives nice volume and length. Doesn't smudge and doesn't make my upper and lower lashes stick together when I blink (happens a lot to me with other mascara and I HATE it).

27-02-2012
scenester

My HG mascaras: Imju Fiberwig, Clinique Lash Power, Benefit They're Real!

Sephora is now selling minis of the Benefit mascara for $10. I stocked up already b/c I think it's a much better deal than getting the full size for $27 and having to trash it 6 months later anyway when it expires.

03-03-2012
Making a Mess

So I've been wanting to try a dark brown mascara for a long time and I swear by covergirl's lashblast volume so I thought I would pick it up in dark brown rather than black. Well they only had it in waterproof and since it was on sale I bought it anyways. Bad decision - love the dark brown, much more flattering, however I hate the formula. Its clumpy and it definitely doesn't make my lashes look voluminous. Bad buy .

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
So I've been wanting to try a dark brown mascara for a long time and I swear by covergirl's lashblast volume so I thought I would pick it up in dark brown rather than black. Well they only had it in waterproof and since it was on sale I bought it anyways. Bad decision - love the dark brown, much more flattering, however I hate the formula. Its clumpy and it definitely doesn't make my lashes look voluminous. Bad buy .
If you are looking for something from the drugstore, the L'Oreal Voluminous in the brown shade is quite nice. I wear it every day to work.

06-03-2012
Making a Mess

^ Thank you . I'll check it out!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
ysl singulier
rimmel max volume
dior iconic or armani eyes to kill..
my list looks similar

14-03-2012
backstage pass

go try the new Diorshow Newlook! beautifully lengthening and not clumpy at all. it replaces Iconique as my favorite Diorshow for sure

They're Real by Benefit and Chanel Inimitible are still my top two, but Newlook is a 5-star mascara.

what I really need it a nice, lengthening drug store mascara that doesn't flake!! I'm thinking of the new revlon photoready 3D because it looks so much like they're real.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, mascara, thread