How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2012
windowshopping

I have yet to find a mascara...waterproof or not, that does NOT transfer to under my eyes.
Over the years, I have probably tried them all. Everything transfers.

Any ideas??

20-03-2012
scenester

I like waterproof Maybelline Define-a-lash. Have you tried it?

22-03-2012
in the mood for love

^ I agree. That's what I use now. Even if I rub my eyes, there's very little to no smudging

backstage pass

That new revlon photoready #D mascara is really nice! It's not very volumizing but the brush is awesome (dupe for Benefit's They're Real) and lengthens and separates really well. no flaking or smudging for me either.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3bird View Post
I have yet to find a mascara...waterproof or not, that does NOT transfer to under my eyes.
Over the years, I have probably tried them all. Everything transfers.

Any ideas??
Lancome Hypnose is the best mascara I've ever used, and it's never transferred to under my eyes. Benefit's They're Real Mascara is also really good quality, a pain to get off & hasn't transferred on me yet.

trendsetter

Too Faced 'Lash Injection' is incredible!

14-04-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Lancome Hypnose is the best mascara I've ever used, and it's never transferred to under my eyes. Benefit's They're Real Mascara is also really good quality, a pain to get off & hasn't transferred on me yet.

i have the same problem as N3bird -- i put on mascara and a few hours later i've got black smudges underneath my eyes. i've been using lancome hypnose and it transfers for me. you should have seen me yesterday after a nap -- i looked like a raccoon!

23-05-2012
trendsetter

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
I just bought Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells that promises to turn the lashes naturally fuller and longer by the time we wear it... I started to wear it every day to see if the magic happens

After many months wearing it, my lashes didnt change, they look the same, but this is my favorite mascara while wearing it and its easy to clean with make up remover. Iam lazy to clean mascara and this one is the easiest to clean and vanish.

24-05-2012
tfs star

Because my all time favorite, YSL Everlong mascara come to an end, I decided to try L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer- Hazel Eyes. I already had Volume Million Lashes (the gold one) and I really liked it. This one is black with the hint of purple.

beaut.ie

02-07-2012
earthbound

I've started using Bourjois Volumizer more and more recently and I adore it. I wanted to test it and see the difference with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (which is my go-to mascara) by applying two coats of each mascara (one coat of each wand for the Bourjois one) on different eyes. The L'Oreal Voluminous made my lashes look quite spidery while the Bourjois gave a more black, doll-like effect with volume. So, I won't be going back to L'Oreal anymore.

21-07-2012
fashion insider

I bought the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara as I've used Hypnose Drama for a long time and it's definitely been a favourite.

Hypnose Star give great definition, length and a bit of a curl. The brush is very skinny and it seems almost impossible to get clumps with it. I can't decide if I prefer it over Hypnose Drama though, I want lashes with a big impact! But I definitely like it a lot!

trendsetter

Does anyone know a good brand that has transparent or medium brown waterproof mascara? It's very hard to find non black mascaras.Thanks in advance.

02-08-2012
trendsetter

^ Giorgio Armani

03-08-2012
trendsetter

Thank you, D A N A

04-08-2012
don't look down

Like the L'Oreal Million Lashes Luminizers, Max Factor has brought out Eye Brightening Tonal mascaras.

Apparently there are at least three shades available - Black Pearl for brown eyes, Black Sapphire for blue eyes and Black Ruby for green eyes - but only two shades were on sale when I went to get them, as if they'd decided no-one has green eyes in Ireland.

While green eyes get a formula that has plum undertones, and brown eyes get a formula with silver flecks, blue eyes get a formula that's entirely blue, so when it comes to these types of mascara, I'm never entirely sure what the underlying logic is – in most cases, the effect is supposedly coming from the contrast with your eye colour, but blue eyes get nothing more exciting than an echo of themselves.

I read in the PR blurb that it's something to do with enhancing the lightness of blue eyes, but mine are so dark, they're the colour of a thundercloud, so that's not going to work for me.

So I find it's essentially mascara with tiny bits of glitter and the same old smell of chemicals that every Max Factor mascara seems to have (makeup4all.com):

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, mascara, thread