How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2010
In Bloom

^OMG thanks I don't do much in mascaras...Maybelline and Helena Rubinstein are pretty much the only brands I've ever tried when it comes to mascara

I LOVE Lash Queen! It doesn't lengthen much, but it separates and you get so much volume. I don't remember what HR's lengthening mascara is called, but I've bought that one over and over again (since I was 14...9 years go by so fast ). It's the next HR mascara I'm getting, that's for sure. Oh, and you can get the WP mascaras in brown too! Not all brands offer brown WP mascaras.

I think it was Helena Rubinstein who invented waterproof mascara...I don't quite remember. She invented something, though Mascaras are kinda HR's speciality.

we were in love

14-05-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^OMG thanks I don't do much in mascaras...Maybelline and Helena Rubinstein are pretty much the only brands I've ever tried when it comes to mascara

I LOVE Lash Queen! It doesn't lengthen much, but it separates and you get so much volume. I don't remember what HR's lengthening mascara is called, but I've bought that one over and over again (since I was 14...9 years go by so fast ). It's the next HR mascara I'm getting, that's for sure. Oh, and you can get the WP mascaras in brown too! Not all brands offer brown WP mascaras.

I think it was Helena Rubinstein who invented waterproof mascara...I don't quite remember. She invented something, though Mascaras are kinda HR's speciality.
thank you soooo much! i will try the Lash Queen then, that's for sure! i tried so many different ones that one more won't make a difference if i won't like it and will make a difference if i'll love it

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
Does anyone know a brand that produces mascara in a larger variety of colours?

we were in love

16-05-2010
backstage pass

^ Thanks Ida. Any idea if and when it will be available in Europe? They only have Sumptuous on the French and UK sites and not Sumptuous Colour.

In Bloom

^I have no clue. For example...we don't have the gorgeous cream eyeshadows from EL in DK, but I see people from EU using them? So annoying, we never get anything! They should be available somewhere in Europe, depends on where you're going I guess?

we were in love

17-05-2010
backstage pass

It says on the US site it is a limited edition, so I guess it would be the same if and when it comes to Europe. I hate it when they only sell a product in certain countries and not everywhere! Maybe you could get someone to send you the stuff you can't get in Denmark? I would offer, but La Poste is so corrupt here... postmen and women actually steal Christmas gifts and we never get our post unless it is bills and bank statements. If I order anything off the internet, I can't have it sent to our home address because it never gets here!

In Bloom

^It's the same thing in DK actually. And those people are probably some of the best paid postal workers in the world, but they have tremendously sticky fingers. If anyone ever sends anything to me, I ask them to make the parcel look really shabby and dirty

we were in love

14-06-2010
windowshopping

I like using my Max Factor brush with my Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks. Love love love the YSL Faux Cils!!! It lengthens and gives volume but does not clump at all! Separates beautifully.

14-06-2010
front row

I am such a mascara junkie. I've been through tons of mascaras!
My personal favourites are Benefit Bad Gal, Estee Lauder Sumptuous (which I'm currently using), Max Factor False Lash Effect and Dior Blackout.
Somebody mentioned Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara being good. I bought it when it first came out and it made my eyelashes look great. However, it left flaky bits under my eyes as the day went on and I found it quite tricky to remove when I layered it on. Perhaps I was just wearing too much!

scenester

i've been using armani's mascar lately and it's amaaazing!

14-06-2010
V.I.P.

Why on earth they dont sell ysl everlong anymore in sephora's! Only that waterproof one.
Hope ysl don't stop making them! Best mascara by far..

15-06-2010
rising star

^^Yes it is! The best I have EVER tried.

backstage pass

I recently decided to try both Dior Extase and Chanel inimitable extreme. Neither match up to YSL Faux Cils, or Diorshow Blackout. Extase gives you lots of lashes but doesn't really curl or lengthen, and inimitable gives separation and a bit of a curl but actually makes my lashes look shorter and stumpy!

Best lengthening and curling hands DOWN for me is Elizabeth Arden Ceramide mascara. It's incredible!

16-06-2010
V.I.P.

Has anyone tried Lancome precious cells?

17-06-2010
V.I.P.

I have tried many mascaras from these brands: Clinique, Benefit, Helena Rubinstein, Lancome, Dior & Givenchy. I once have bought Maybelline Define-A-Lash and Lash Stiletto, but they were just a big disappointment. But so far the best for me were Diorshow Iconic and Lancome Ôscillation. I need curling and separating, they do it well but Lancome was sometimes clumping.
I've never tried YSL and Chanel, maybe next time I will buy mascara from one of these brands...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, mascara, thread