How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear View Post
I recently decided to try both Dior Extase and Chanel inimitable extreme. Neither match up to YSL Faux Cils, or Diorshow Blackout. Extase gives you lots of lashes but doesn't really curl or lengthen, and inimitable gives separation and a bit of a curl but actually makes my lashes look shorter and stumpy!

Best lengthening and curling hands DOWN for me is Elizabeth Arden Ceramide mascara. It's incredible!
I have to say I am REALLY impressed with blackout. I received a sample. It is sooo soft on the eyes but gives a beautiful pop to the lashes like YSL.

18-06-2010
backstage pass

Does anyone know of a good mascara that doesn't make already long eyelashes look ridiculous? I think I might be after a volumising or curling one? :/

24-06-2010
backstage pass

Believe it or not...
Hi all,

It's my first post on this thread, but I just had to chime in. I work in the beauty industry and have tried zillions of mascaras, both waterproof and nonwaterproof.

The best? Avon waterproof mascara. Talk about OMG. I've tried Chanel, Dior, all the top, expensive brands. Avon is super cheap and stays on. I have oily skin and allergies, so my eyes are constantly watering...no racoon eyes at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Shelley

25-06-2010
front row

^ Really? I've never even considered Avon mascara! And I've been looking for a decent waterproof mascara for a while... I must try this!

backstage pass

Blackkohl,

I know, right? Who would ever imagine? And I'm a beauty mag. editor in Los Angeles and we are privy to ALL brands/price points and Avon is surprisingly the best of all I've tried.

It's just my experience. Others I'm sure will have differing experiences, but it's refreshing that something that works doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg!

Shelley

26-06-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmoset View Post
Does anyone know of a good mascara that doesn't make already long eyelashes look ridiculous? I think I might be after a volumising or curling one? :/
I have long lashes and a lot of mascaras make my eyelashes look ridiculous as well. I just need some colour, curl and volume. My favourite mascara is from Yves Rocher, a french brand, and I found out there's a website for the UK, if you decide to buy it:
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/shop_ap...0&page=product
(The link shows the mascara I use, Yves Rocher has some other mascaras, but those are not as good:p)

It's ridiculously cheap and other people probably wouldn't consider it a good mascara because it doesn't lengthen much, but it gives really good volume without clumping, seriously, the best non-clumping mascara ever! I buy other mascaras because I like to try out new things, but this is the only mascara I keep rebuying (I've been using this mascara for many, many years!).

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 26-06-2010 at 05:48 PM.
26-06-2010
backstage pass

Thanks FleurDeLys!
And that is cheap, cheaper than the one I have now!

27-06-2010
windowshopping

Still swear by maybelline colossal. Cheap cheerful and I always get a compliment

06-07-2010
trendsetter

Lancome's Virtuose's mascara is great.

07-07-2010
front row

For me, the best mascara that stays on is Kevyn Aucoin! It forms tubes around your lashes. I tear a lot and it's the only mascara that stays on. You don't even need makeup remover to take it off. It's magic!

14-07-2010
V.I.P.

This is usually what I get with the regular covergirl lashblast

My pic

V.I.P.

^ very pretty.

i like the result.

backstage pass

what about MaxFactor False Lash Effect?

I'm using Rimmel Mascara right now, it's ok, but I'm not 100% happy with it.

backstage pass

Recently I got Eyeko Long & Luscious mascara and it is seriously amazing. I can't be bothered to type some huge review of it but it makes your lashes defined yet still soft and natural looking. I think it's only 8 or something.

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

The best for me is still Max factor false lash effect if you want to go "incognito"
though you wont want it cause the black is super rich and if you really take the time to apply it people will ask you what kind of false lash youre usin
This is the best ever for me
If I want to make a change I use the regular covergirl lashblast they have the same catching brush and the black is very rich too
This one is with false lash effect

my pic

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, mascara, thread