How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenysha75 View Post
The best for me is still Max factor false lash effect if you want to go "incognito"
though you wont want it cause the black is super rich and if you really take the time to apply it people will ask you what kind of false lash youre usin
This is the best ever for me
If I want to make a change I use the regular covergirl lashblast they have the same catching brush and the black is very rich too
This one is with false lash effect
Whoa. You're not wearing any false lashes in this pic?! I'm going to have to check this mascara out...

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

No I'm not wearing any and Ive never tried false lashes
At night I apply lipbalm Uriage on my lashes so it might help to make them look good
I brush my lashes really well then curl them with shu uemura lashcurler
I apply a first coat of Cargo Texas lash
Then Im workin it out with Max factor false lash effect and I put a lot on

Last edited by Kenysha75; 22-07-2010 at 04:04 AM.
27-07-2010
fashion elite

i use Helena Rubinstein 'LASH QUEEN FELINE BLACKS' and i realy like it... but i'm thinking about trying 'LASH QUEEN FEATHER COLLECTION' or 'LASH QUEEN FELINE EXTRAVAGANZA'... does anyone have experience with one of them?

28-07-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

I'm leaving Giorgio Armani Maestro for Chanel Inimitable, finally a mascara that gives me what I want!
My lashes are naturally thick and long, so all I wanted was a mascara that would highlight them and give them more colour. And Inimitable leaves a natural finish : your eyes definitely look better, but it's not obvious you're wearing mascara and there's no lumps of product on your lashes (unlike Armani and Dior).

29-07-2010
V.I.P.

I tried Lancôme Hypnôse at a drug store today just for fun and God, it's brilliant. Forget all about false lashes, this stuff will work wonders and will otherwise make you look like a drag-queen if you're blessed with natural long lashes.

fashion icon

I'm surprised many of you spend so much money on mascara. For everyday i use Essence Mascara's for 2-3 € and for special events or parties i use Maybelline Colossal Mascare 9-10€ .

It's not that i couldn't effort a more expensive mascara but i think it's crazy to pay 20-30€ for one because i'm lucky with the Essence and Maybelline! I know that brands like Chanel, Lancome or Dior have great products but come on i'm not going to attend a red carpet , so my cheap one's are enough!

But just never forget to use a eyelash curler!

Last edited by Edita; 30-07-2010 at 07:28 AM.
30-07-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edita View Post
I'm surprised many of you spend so much money on mascara. For everyday i use Essence Mascara's for 2-3 € and for special events or parties i use Maybelline Colossal Mascare 9-10€ .

It's not that i couldn't effort a more expensive mascara but i think it's crazy to pay 20-30€ for one because i'm lucky with the Essence and Maybelline! I know that brands like Chanel, Lancome or Dior have great products but come on i'm not going to attend a red carpet , so my cheap one's are enough!

I know what you mean, but I like the glamour of my Chanel mascara and it makes me happy to start the day when I see those double C's in my makeup bag

What eyelash curler would you recommend?

30-07-2010
fashion elite

^^hahaa... i totaly know about that FrenchCactus

i love my eyelash curler by Bobbi Brown, i think it's the best!!

30-07-2010
fashion icon

I use this one from the Drugstore " Rossmann" for 2.50 €, it's nothing special but at least it's better than my Maybelline one and i love the result

I can't recommend one but I'm sure the one Kamen uses is 1000-times better!

rossmann.de

Last edited by Edita; 30-07-2010 at 11:43 AM.
30-07-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
I know what you mean, but I like the glamour of my Chanel mascara and it makes me happy to start the day when I see those double C's in my makeup bag

What eyelash curler would you recommend?

What an awsome feeling

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edita View Post

I know what you mean but for me I just never got the look that I wanted from any mascara (high or low end) until I found Givenchy Phenomen'eyes. I demand a lot from mascara I want to have Cheryl Cole status long lashes and yes I know hers are fake but that's what I mean I want them to naturally look like that and for me Phenomen'eyes gets pretty close. If a cheaper mascara did that I'd go with that but for me I've tried a TON of different mascaras at all price points and Givenchy's been the only one to do what I'm looking for and that I'm satisfied with

05-08-2010
front row

Could anyone advise me?

I have blonde hair, blue eyes and rather pale skin. The area around my eyes is super pale, bordering on transparent, my lashes and brows a dark ash blonde.
No mascara ever looks natural. I tend to use back for some stupid reason, but perhaps it is too harsh? I wear chocolate liner and neutral shadows usually, though.

Could anyone recommend a mascara for such pale eyes? My lashes are quite fine and seem to attract clumps. I would love something that just glides on, separates the lashes nicely and has a silky texture.

05-08-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin de Lune View Post
Could anyone advise me?

I have blonde hair, blue eyes and rather pale skin. The area around my eyes is super pale, bordering on transparent, my lashes and brows a dark ash blonde.
No mascara ever looks natural. I tend to use back for some stupid reason, but perhaps it is too harsh? I wear chocolate liner and neutral shadows usually, though.

Could anyone recommend a mascara for such pale eyes? My lashes are quite fine and seem to attract clumps. I would love something that just glides on, separates the lashes nicely and has a silky texture.
You say you use black mascara, but have you ever tried brown mascara ? It's often recommended for natural looks, so it may be worth a try in your case.

I was looking for something similar (natural look, no clumps, seperates lashes nicely, silky texture) and I'm really pleased with Chanel Inimitable. I've posted a review here (and FYI I use it in brown).

05-08-2010
front row

MaxFactor mascaras have the best brushes ever. I've tried every single of them and can't decide which one I love the most. I'm currently using the false lash effect, which is pretty good for short asian lashes.

06-08-2010
backstage pass

I posted a while ago about different coloured mascaras. More specifically, I am now looking for a good purple or violet colour. One that will still be bright and bold when put onto black eyelashes.

Last time, two people recommended YSL Everlong and Estee Lauder Sumptuous Colour. Estee Lauder was only available in the US. My husband had to go there a while ago on business, so I asked him to see if he could find either one since it's cheaper there than it is here. He couldn't find the Estee Lauder and ended up getting me YSL, but accidentally bought one in black instead of purple/violet. ><

So I went on a search here for a cheaper mascara (since he had already bought me that YSL one). I had heard Benefit Badgal Plum mascara was good. I bought it from the UK since, even though it is made here in France, it was half the price in the UK! Unfortunately, it looks much more colourful on the wand than it does on my eyelashes and doesn't really give me the look I was going for (to make the green in my eyes pop a little). In fact, when I wore it and asked people what colour it was, they thought it was either black or brown.

Anyone know if YSL Everlong or Volume Effet Faux Cils in violet is still bright enough on black eyelashes to make the green in my eyes more noticeable? If not, any other recommendations?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, mascara, thread