How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2006
fashion elite

To matte or not to matte!!!!
I did a search and i'm quite confident there isn't a thread on this already so here it goes

I love matte foundation but i find it really difficult to wear.....
I see it on other people and models and movies stars and it looks so good..and when I put it on myself I don't like how it looks on my face......

i think it's mainly coz i dont' wear foundation much..i usually wear a tinted moisturiser unless i'm going out for a big night...My foundattion i do use when i go out is Loreal True Match..can't remember what shade

so..my question is..what do you prefer in foundations..matte or non matte foundtations

Last edited by *tata*; 22-08-2006 at 11:39 PM.

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

Personally, I prefer matte foundations because they stay put. I also have oily skin, so I don't like making it look any more oily.

They are harder to pull off, but if you apply them right and use moisturizer, it can look very natural. I use it everyday, and it doesn't look unnatural at all, but I can understand why it puts some people off.

fashion elite

i don't really have oily skin..excpet on my t-zone.....recommend any matte foundations that aren't too..i dunno..mattey?? lol

V.I.P.

Depends on the look you're going for.....

26-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Non-matte... though, I don't wear anything on my face. But non-matte, if I had to choose. I like something with a bit of shimmer... glow.

27-08-2006
trendsetter

Both? I still like a little glow on my face, I like my T-zone area to be matte because thats where I am most oily but around my cheeks and eyes I like to have some glow.

27-08-2006
V.I.P.

L'Oreal True Match is matte, but very nice and natural looking

rising star

Seriously, if you have oily skin, then matte is the choice for you. you may look too dry for an hour or too, but if your like me, the "oily" shine that you dont like will just look like a glow afterwards! ^__^

27-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaFramboise
Seriously, if you have oily skin, then matte is the choice for you. you may look too dry for an hour or too, but if your like me, the "oily" shine that you dont like will just look like a glow afterwards! ^__^
Exactly! After a little bit, it settles in and looks very glow-y. No one ever suspects that I wear foundation!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess01
Both? I still like a little glow on my face, I like my T-zone area to be matte because thats where I am most oily but around my cheeks and eyes I like to have some glow.
yea..that's exactly how i like it too...i think too much matte all over looks to made up for my liking...when i was younger i used to wear powder foundation i couldn't do it now..

and yea L'oreal True Match it a very good foundation

fashion insider

Totally depends, but remeber, matte can age you easily, matte isn't the best choice if you have wrinkled skin, it's best for people with oily skin which is me. But some times I do like to go for a dewy/ shimmery look as well.

unknown
29-08-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Non-matte... though, I don't wear anything on my face. But non-matte, if I had to choose. I like something with a bit of shimmer... glow.
have to agree. i dont like this powder,dry skin look. i like shimmer, healthy looking skin so so much more!

30-08-2006
backstage pass

I like a matte look. 'Glow' only works if you have perfect skin. Anything remotely shimmery if you have any acne, large pores, etc. etc. will just magnify it all tenfold. The key to doing it well is not to cake on too much.

Last edited by drusilla; 30-08-2006 at 03:16 PM.
31-08-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tata*
i don't really have oily skin..excpet on my t-zone.....recommend any matte foundations that aren't too..i dunno..mattey?? lol
same here!..to matters worse i have dry skin at the same time, so it gets shiny AND flakey!!..not sure how that works haha..but i use maybelline dream matte mouse on my nose, and a bit on the forehead ...the key is in teh application...u have to make sure your hands are warm, then u dab a tiny bit and PAT it on gently. Dont rub/smooth as you would with a liquid foundation....my t zone stays matte for hours while the rest of my face is slighty glowy/dewy Sometimes if its a big night out, i lightly dust some powder for extra prevention of shine-- hope that helps!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
matte