How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2005
yes

i almost did but they i had microdermabrasion instead.....it was stupid and i didnt like it

07-01-2005
& b

I get micros here and there, normally two a year, to keep my skin fresh and glowy, but micros just "scrub off" dead cells from your skin's surface...it will leave it soft and a bit even, but the results are not as drastic as a peel

EdK
trendsetter

i was thinking of getting a TCA peel more specifically the Obagi blue peel, im relieved to hear that yours went well. not really sure if i should go with a light AHA peel or medium TCA peel. how much did you get charged for the TCA peel. thanks ale.

07-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
I get micros here and there, normally two a year, to keep my skin fresh and glowy, but micros just "scrub off" dead cells from your skin's surface...it will leave it soft and a bit even, but the results are not as drastic as a peel
what are micros

07-01-2005
EdK
trendsetter

microdermabrasion

07-01-2005
& b

^ exactly

In Puerto Rico, I paid US$500 for each treatment... I believe it was well invested BTW, I went for a light peel, because my doc reccomended it, my skin was (still is) young, and I could get rid of acne scars with two light ones, instead of one heavy peel... the healing process would take longer and it might leave scars or un eveness... depending on your skin's status, you should do it light, don't go crazy, because I've seen friends of mine that did the same I did, but they went overboard, and their skin looks now like they had something done

Good luck with whatever option you choose

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdK
what kind of peel did you have? and what did you use to stop your acne? you have great looking skin share your secret.
getting a chemical peel will not fix your acne..
sure, you can get it peeled and your skin will look nice for a while, but acne will come back sooner or later...
if you have acne, i suggest you treat them first and then get a peel

my sister's best friend got a chemical peel (dont know what kind) and her acne came back afterwards, so her skin got a little better right after the peel but she ended up having acne all over again.. (therefore more acne scars all over again..)

10-01-2005
EdK
trendsetter

i think it depends on what peel you get. i think AHA peels help treat acne. AHA is a light peel, but deeper peels such as TCA and phenol dont help treat acne.

28-01-2005
Fierce Flava

Eerr I heard abut some sort of laser type version too...what is that?

I'm thinking of getting something done to get ride of scars.

29-01-2005
scenester

I had a light peel two weeks ago, a glycolic acid peel. I am very satisfied, my skin is really purified, with dramatically less comedos, and my pores are less enlarged. I should have done this before. It was not that expensive (100 euros), I was all red for something like half an hour, then in the evening my skin looked perfect. I am going to repeat the peeling every month 'til the summer. I had accepted my bad skin, but I was wrong, there was something good and not too aggressive to do, and I am glad I found out. I am sure it can help fighting acne, as it deeply cleans the pore and makes you loose all the dead skin.

01-02-2005
backstage pass

www.platinumskincare.com has TCA, glycolic, lactic acid, salicylic acid peels and more. they are VERY professional and i reccomend checking out the site. its a bit unorganized but i have been more than satisfied with the salicylic acid and glycolic acid samples i've tried. the pH levels are safe enough for at home use but they aren't buffered down to nothing.

17-03-2005
scenester

Lancome Resurface Peel - Microdermabrasion
Has anyone tried Lancome's Resurface Peel? I've had glycolic peels before when I used to go for facials but I'm wondering if this 8% glycolic content in Lancome is anywhere near what the professionals use when you go for facials.

15-04-2005
Storm & Sommer

A little late..but better now than never..

I found this site that explains a lot of questions that you might have regarding microdermabrasion:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/microdermabrasion.htm
The site goes over the following: Introduction to How Microdermabrasion Works
The Basics
How it Helps
Professional Treatment
Home Treatment
Lots More Information
Shop or Compare Prices

It also lists the skin conditions that make one UNSUITED for microdermabration

pinterest : hanneonpin
04-08-2005
windowshopping

Home Microdermabrasion Kits
Hi All,
This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum religiously for months. Anyway, my question is; has anyone tried the microdermabrasion home kits? Specifically, has anyone tried the home kit made by "DermaPower?" From the website, it looks like they use the same type of crystal technology that the spas are using but the home kits are much cheaper. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

Surely you need a course not just one guys? Hmmm Prada P can you reccommend any 10% AHA peels

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chemical, microdermabrasion or, peel