How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2010
windowshopping

Milia- Those Little White Bumps Under Your Eyes
Anyone have this? What do you do for it??

17-10-2010
V.I.P.

i get them occasionally. they take forever to go away on their own.

if you get facials at a salon you can ask them to extract them for you. if you try to do it yourself you may notice it takes a long time to heal.

my mom got a peel and had hers extracted at the same time at her derm's office. she said the milia extraction was a little painful.

front row

I only get them if I use a too-rich cream around my eyes, or if I have been touching my eyes a lot because my contacts were irritating me. Have you changed anything in your skincare routine that might be causing them?

trendsetter

Oh! I never knew what those little bumps were! I've already tried to squeeze them, but it's painful and heels very slow.
Now, how do I get rid of them??

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 17-10-2010 at 05:00 PM.
18-10-2010
windowshopping

I read on a site that gentle and regular exfoliation is supposed to help.. never tried getting them extracted though. I have a comedone extractor of my own and it's never worked. Does it work when you go in professionally? How long do the results last?

18-10-2010
V.I.P.

i forgot to mention previously that my mom's derm told her that she had the milia due to using sunscreen with zinc oxide in them. other brands have zinc alternatives that can also cause the milia he said.

I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
I only get them if I use a too-rich cream around my eyes
The same thing happens to me. I bought an eye cream from Bliss which caused milia to appear after a few day's use, thankfully the bumps disappeared about a week or so after I stopped using the cream.

20-10-2010
backstage pass

I had one this year. Normally it is recommended you wait and it will go away by itself, but it didn't. I managed to get rid of it without going to a dermatologist or something. Though getting it out was quite painful. It healed fairly quickly, but I was a bit red/purple there for a few days. It didn't leave any horrible scar.

V.I.P.

I've heard that you shouldn't try to get rid of them yourself..I'm not really sure why I get them or how to make them go away..

backstage pass

^ I know. They say that about many things, but I'm always doing it anyway and never have any problems. Maybe I just use a different method, am more careful or have skin that heals better... I have no idea.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
^ I know. They say that about many things, but I'm always doing it anyway and never have any problems. Maybe I just use a different method, am more careful or have skin that heals better... I have no idea.
Could you please share? I'd love to know how other ppl do it. I'm always afraid I'm gonna poke my eye out since I have them on my eyelids or in the corner of my eyes

backstage pass

Oh, I see! I've only had two and they have both been almost one cm below my eye so it was easy, but I can see how it would be scary to try to squeeze one on your eyelid or the corner of your eye. Also, with what I did it involves some pressing down and I'm not sure if you can really do that as easily in the places where you have milia. I'm sorry that I can't help you. Microdermabrasion does help, but it's not really something that you can put so close to your eyes in case it falls into them.

V.I.P.

Yeah I usually don't do anything about them since I don't want to lose an eye
Thanks anyway tho Eurasian Mélange

rising star

If they are large enough to cause you trouble I'd ask your doctor to get rid of them. I've just had my local GP extract them. That way you know it's safe and sterile.

27-10-2010
scenester

I just had some extracted at my dermatologist's today lol

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bumps, eyes, milia, white