How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_L
off topic, but has anyone tried neutrogena's mineral sheers powder foundation? it sounds similar
I have it but I think I'm going to use a good concealer to cover up blotchiness etc...other than that it's good to use, very light, doesn't feel caked on or anything like some powders do.

01-05-2006
front row

I check makeupalley.com and there is this brand that got good reviews, it is called everyday minerals. I am thinking of trying the free samples...but have to pay for the s& h charges only. I have dry skin so I hope this works.

05-05-2006
trendsetter

I ordered some samples from Everyday Minerals..The shipping was 5 dollars and you get 3 shades which is nice. This is my first time ordering something online so I hope no funny business happens...aside from my suspicions, I'm very excited to try the products (which SHOULD arrive in 2 weeks). My fav part is aside from the good color selection, the foundations come in 2 formulas; 'originalglo' for dewiness and 'semi-matte' (I chose semi matte to be safe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitalilac
I check makeupalley.com and there is this brand that got good reviews, it is called everyday minerals. I am thinking of trying the free samples...but have to pay for the s& h charges only. I have dry skin so I hope this works.

05-05-2006
Fashionably Late

I use BE now, but I did try Sheer Cover (Leeza Gibbons does the commercials), and it was pretty good...not sparkly like some mineral makeup.

06-05-2006
V.I.P.

I'm looking for a mineral eyeshadow palette,possibly pro kit with a variety of colors.I hate running out of eyeshadow.Does anybody know where I can purchase a large mineral eye kit?Pics would also be nice.

07-05-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess
I'm looking for a mineral eyeshadow palette,possibly pro kit with a variety of colors.I hate running out of eyeshadow.Does anybody know where I can purchase a large mineral eye kit?Pics would also be nice.
BE makes ones in earth tones and purple shades, and you can buy them at ulta.com or sephora.com. QVC.com might have them too.

06-06-2006
trendsetter

I've been using everyday minerals for a month now...and it's not bad. It just takes a lot getting used to. Also, the concealer that came with my starter kit was a powder. I don't know why I didn't see that coming but I was surprised. It actually works very well. here's the site if anyone was interested in samples

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

08-06-2006
rising star

I use True Cosmetics ( http://truecosmetics.com/site/CosmeticsColl.asp )
... My esthetician turned me onto them, and now I'm hooked. I love their colors... and they feel natural, not cakey, and they're just my vision of a basic, unscented, pure product. Sorry, I can't describe them very well... but I use it in conjunction with my Shu Uemera and Nars make up. Unfortunately not found everywhere: http://truecosmetics.com/site/SpaLocator.asp

They have a niche... described in their website as... "TRUE cosmetics + skin + body unites luxury well-being and dermatological efficacy in performance skin care and mineral makeup. Dedicated to the US spa industry, we introduce Idebenone, a breakthrough super antioxidant delivering a new level of skin protection along with dramatic anti-aging benefits."

Last edited by thewannabe; 08-06-2006 at 02:06 AM.
08-06-2006
rising star

would anyone know where Bare Escentuals may have makeover demos in NYC? I am taking my Mom to NYC in a few weeks and want to get her excited about this makeup. thanks!

08-06-2006
The mod squad

^ Thats so cute

windowshopping

Ive been using Jane Iredale's cosmetics for 5 months now and they are really good, I had an acne problem and these products cover all the red marks without feeling cakey, besides my skin feels much healthier now.
I highly recomend it!

10-07-2006
windowshopping

Bare Escentuals is so so so good with giving the perfect, flawless look. Their concealer is just the best!

Though be careful with the bismuth oxychloride content, some people tend to be allergic with it, but there are still tons of mineral makeup brands which do not use that certain ingredient.

Say, try Pure Luxe, or Jane Iredale!

14-07-2006
front row

I use physician formula mineral products. Love it!!! I think Physician formula products have pretty high quality with a cheaper price than department store makeup. Their loose mineral powder is really good and you can mix the color if you want to. My skin is very sensitive. I use cetaphil and vitamin oil for my skin. And this is the only product that went on without making me feel itchy. It went on so light I forgot I even wear any!!!

18-07-2006
trendsetter

What exactly is mineral make up?
I have no clue what's so special about it

18-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Loves Marc
ugh the Neutrogena one is a MESS! It just keeps coming out and ends up looking cakey cause you cant make the powder stop coming out of the brush. Even if it DIDN'T explode, it'd still be pretty crap.
I have to agree with the negative reviews of the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers.

They are crap for the following reasons:

- The applicator brush does not work. I cannot get nearly enough of the foundation to come out of it onto my skin...it just seems to get into the air and all over everything.
- Two words: Horrible. Coverage.
- The applicator brush is also not soft--so you irritate your skin as you apply the makeup.

I am usually much more positive about products...but I am very picky so I had to share all the details.

I have tried BE and while I was impressed with the coverage I was unhappy with the way it made my pores look huge. It made my skin look aged. I'm not quite sure why, but I know that shimmery foundations do not work for my skin (I have very sensitive skin and when I have a breakout the shimmer only serves to highlight the bumps). My skin is also oily, so I tend to prefer matte foundations.

Has anyone found a mineral foundation that results in a matte but slightly dewy (as opposed to crepey/powdery) finish? I mean without ANY shimmer? I would be extremely happy to find one...!

Good luck to you all in your search for good mineral makeup!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, mineral