How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-08-2006
windowshopping

elschic : I think you can try Everyday Minerals or Larenim. There are indeed matte finished mineral makeup.

Laurette : mineral makeup is makeup without the usual preservatives, dyes, talc, fragrances, and other "additivies" that are present in cosmetics today. they are more friendly to acne-prone and sensitive skin because of that.

Everyday minerals are really inexpensive, and they don't contain bismuth that makes you itch. They're giving away free samples at their site www.everydayminerals.com, you just have to pay for the shipping fee. Try them!

12-08-2006
front row

I received my samples a few days ago and i I really like it! And the blush in chit chat

14-08-2006
scenester

Anyone know if Alison Raffaele Mineral Makeup is any good? I'm thinking of buying it at Sephora.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

14-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanillaqt
I received my samples a few days ago and i I really like it! And the blush in chit chat
Chit chat is such a pretty color! I was looking for a peachy color and I ordered siesta and mixed it w/ chit chat and it was wonderful. they've come out w/ a new color "B&B" and since I have absolutely no self control I ordered it too! . Luck'y it's inexpensive and they give free samples...

15-08-2006
windowshopping

Coolness! I'm waiting for my samples as well! I love Pure Luxe's Nymph, it looks like NARS Orgasm

15-08-2006
front row

anyone else tried physician's formula? zionforshell how did you choose the right shade? did you use the mosaic ones or the loose powder ones?
i heard that PF is both cheap and it works. i think Blake Lively mentions using it in her teen vogue interview this month. i'm debating whether to try it or not because it seems to be good for the price, yet i hate not having testers in drug stores.

15-08-2006
front row

sun_goddess i read on MUA that physicians formula has some mineral eyeshadows that are rated highly and are cheap. i've never tried though as i'm still debating whether to try it or not.

15-08-2006
front row

I'm an Everday Minerals fan! BE felt too heavy, and the color was never the perfect match. Everyday Minerals feels good, has great color range, and is inexpensive.

backstage pass

I just started useing Mineralogie powder foundation with spf 26. My esthetician sells it and recomended it to me. It's alittle on the pricey side, $47 but it was costum blended to match me, also that price includes the brush I got that holds the powder in the handle of it. so far I'm loving it!

13-09-2006
rising star

Yesterday, alaframboise introduced me to Everyday Minerals www.everydayminerals.com It's very similar to the BE line but MUCH cheaper and they give out free samples to try. He swears by it so I went ahead and ordered a sample kit to try; supposedly their colors are the same as BE. Will report back when I get it. As great as BE may seem, if there is something comparable that is cheaper (their starter kits are more than half the price of BE's), then I'm game.

Last edited by iChelle; 13-09-2006 at 12:59 PM.
17-09-2006
backstage pass

i'm going to try the 'everyday minerals" line. thanks.

17-09-2006
trendsetter

Everyday minerals is wonderful! there's a shade and formula for everybody. I think I'm a little addicted because I've already ordered 3 kits that I don't really need (one of those foundation jars literally lasts ages) and I check the blog almost every day for new colors, products, etc. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced with any company.

17-09-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEHDZ
Ive been using Jane Iredale's cosmetics for 5 months now and they are really good, I had an acne problem and these products cover all the red marks without feeling cakey, besides my skin feels much healthier now.
I highly recomend it!
I completely agree with you!!!

23-09-2006
backstage pass

Thanks for all the great information on this thread! I think I'm going to order some samples of the Everyday Minerals for myself and my mother. Neither of us have ever worn foundation/powder/concealer (lucky genes combined with laziness combined with 'take me as I am' when having an occasional blemish), but she's suddenly feeling old, not that 53 is old, and I'm getting married next year and want to look more polished in the pictures, so we're willing to try something new

A question though - we tend to have dry, sensitive skin. Hers is very dry, all the time. Mine is almost always dry, but occasionally will get a little oily in spots. Neither of us really wants a 'shine' or mica-glow, that seems to be included in the "Original Glo" formula for dry to normal skin. The matte formulations are for oily skin. Would it be ok to use the matte ones on dry, sensitive skin? Or will it dry us out further? How shiny/glowy is the Original Glo?

Do you put this stuff on over your regular moisterizer? And I know that with liquid foundations, you set them with powder - these are all powders (big plus), but they have a "Finishing Powder". Is that necessary? Or can you just safely use the foundation alone?

front row

I know this will sound really stupid, but what are the advantages of using mineral makeup over regular, liquid makeup? Is it just personal preference or is there more to it?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, mineral