How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2005
The mod squad

Minimize Redness
I have quiet good skin, but what really gets to me is when certain areas on my face goes red and ruins it all.
To be specific it's mainly my chin, small areas on my cheek and the area between my eyebrows that goes red and a bit ' bumpy '.
( I'm not allergic to anything, already checked that ).

Is there any skincare products or anything else that can be used when it comes of this problem?

29-10-2005
dsq
backstage pass

not sure what it is...have you tried using an over the counter hydrocortisone cream from the pharmacy??

30-10-2005
The mod squad

No I haven't. I went to the pharmacie to ask them if they had anything to help me with this problem and they asked me to go to the dermatologist, which I did, who said there is nothing that can be done.

But I know there are products that minimize the redness just don't know which ones.

fashion icon

I don´t know what your problems is caused by, but I have skin that´s pretty sensitive to skin care products and make-up, and one skin cream that worked well for me was Barrier Repair from Dermalogica. They have other products as well for skin problems like that and so far I´ve really liked everything I´ve bought from them.

30-10-2005
windowshopping

Have you ever tried using green concealer? Green concealer is good to use for zits to take the red out...so depending on how much redness you're talking about it may be worth it to try.

Here's an example: http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=S10820

Also, Sephora has a section under skincare entitled "Redness" and recommends some products. I am not familiar with any of them, but perhaps you might be interested.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/sectio...tegoryId=C9381

Last edited by shoegalshoe; 30-10-2005 at 02:27 PM.
06-05-2006
rising star

redness in the face
how do i get rid of, or cover it up? i don't really want to use foundation because it makes my face really hot. i don't mind it on the cheeks above cheekbone but below it just looks stupid. thanks in advance guys and gals

09-05-2006
scenester

i have the same problem, and after trying just about everything -- including green concealers -- the only thing i've found to take care of it is this topical gel treatment called noredol. you can order it online at www.noredol.com . it works really really well. it only took a few applications for me to notice a difference, and after like two or t hree weeks my skin looked so amazing i stopped wearing foundation. it also helps control breakouts as well. it's amazing. and i just ordered the smallest amount but it lasted a few months. it's definitely worth the money. let me know if you try it, and how you like it!

09-05-2006
The mod squad

^ Thank you!
I'm definately going to try that out

backstage pass

I have a similar problem, too; I have two red patches just on the edges of my nose. I think it is more to do with capillaries than red skin, but will this Noredol work on that at all?

11-05-2006
front row

try Palmers Skin Stress cream- its designed for red skin to help cool it down and provide protection from the elements. it also relieves flaking and improves skin clarity. It also works well on reducing pimples.

19-05-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange
I have a similar problem, too; I have two red patches just on the edges of my nose. I think it is more to do with capillaries than red skin, but will this Noredol work on that at all?
i'm not entirely sure, because i don't have that problem. but i believe there may be some kind of testimony from other people who have used it on their site, and you can probably determine from that if it should work for your particular skin type.

25-09-2007
The mod squad

It's been about 2 years since I posted this thread and thought I'd
update!
I'm happy to inform that I've successfully managed to decrease
the flushing on my skin significantly. I still have traces of redness on
my chin and a little bit around the nose.
But it's nothing that can't be covered up with a little bit of makeup.
What made a big difference was using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
Completely free from any fragrance and alcohol. I found that
organic skincare brands works best for my skin.

I also started to read up on natural remedies for skin. I highly recommend
yogurt as a mask, olive oil as make up remover (followed up by my regular cleanser)
and oatmeal for mask when skin is irritated. =)

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly View Post
I have quiet good skin, but what really gets to me is when certain areas on my face goes red and ruins it all.
To be specific it's mainly my chin, small areas on my cheek and the area between my eyebrows that goes red and a bit ' bumpy '.
( I'm not allergic to anything, already checked that ).

Is there any skincare products or anything else that can be used when it comes of this problem?
I have the exact exact same problem and no one seems to understand when I tell them! They all think i'm exagerating and overreacting but I really do know what you mean. My skin gets red and I get these little "bumpys" that also look like enlarged pores. I've tried green concealer but it doesn't help at all. Even went I went go for facials and to the doctor, they don't think I have a problem at all and actually say I have poreless skin! wtf?!

scenester

Facial Redness
Hello Ladies - Looking for some advise and tips.

Does anyone have an suggestions for products to help reduce redness in facial skin? I have somewhat sensitive skin, but its constantly red regardless. It looks like I am ALWAYS blushing...and it sucks! Thanks in advance!

08-01-2008
V.I.P.

eucerin redness relief

aveeno also has a lot of products designed for making skin appear less red...

you might want to go to your derm to check to see if your problem isnt rosacea related. if so, she can prescripe finacia or metrogel to ease the redness.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
minimize, redness