How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2005
tfs star

Model eyebrows
Do grown-out eyebrows work for everyone or do they only look nice on models? (Think Natalia Vodianova and Laetitia Casta) I think it looks beautiful and natural but that it might look sloppy off the catwalk and out of editorials.

16-03-2005
tfs star

There is a girl that goes to my college and she is gorgeous... she is realy tanned with dark hair and green eyes and her eyebrows remind me so much of Natalia V's & Laetitia Casta's... it suits her tho... i think she'd look really fake or un natural with them plucked & shaped so i guess you can get away with it

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

I think that they do look good. But they don't suit everyone. I'd say have a go and if it looks bad it looks bad..plucking them back doesn't take very long. While your growing them out use a filling in pencil and stuff..so it doesn't look like your growing them out.

19-03-2005
trendsetter

I think it works on people who have a more casual, comfortable, less clean style. Otherwise, you could just pluck in between and the occasional spare in the brow.

19-03-2005
fashion icon

I usually leave mine just slightly plucked (for a nicer shape), because I like the effect with my dark brows and very full hair against my pale skin. I dont think it works for everyone though.

20-03-2005
tfs star

I'm going to try. Even when my eyebrows are fully grown out, they're still not very dark or large. Who knows, maybe it'll be me. Ha someone remind me to post a photo when I'm done.

28-03-2005
front row

i have naturally thick eyebrows and i dont really do much to them. I pluck them just enough to give them some shape and i trim them so the hairs arent long and all over the place. ive had it like this for my entire life and i dont see them any other way. virginielle, u should try it. I'm sure u'll look stunning and dont forget to post pics!

28-03-2005
tfs star

Ahh I caved last night when I was bored and couldn't sleep. It actually looked alright but my brows are fairly light and didn't make much of a difference that I was growing them out. I'll post a closeup pic sometime and get your opinion.

28-03-2005
front row

damn those boring night!! i have the tendency to get bored and "cut" my bangs here and there lol when you decide to do it again, use a brown (or a shade or two darker then ur normal color) pencil to enhance a little color. i ALSO do that with mine just to fill in little gaps it may have, u know?

14-05-2006
fashion elite

I am actually not going to pluck them anymore, I love Charlotte Casiraghi ones and they are super thick(sort of like KK in Pirates of the Caribbean)

fashion elite

I love CC's and Natalia V's eyebrows too

14-05-2006
V.I.P.

I think only girls with darker skin and hair can pull it off. I'm fair haired and skinned (although no fair eyebrows) and it would just look really sloppy. Fortunately, I don't have to pluck my eyebrows a lot; they naturally grow the way I like them.

tfs star

I agree for the most part, except Natalia's case. She's got light hair and eyebrows, and they're stunning, not sloppy. I think as long as it looks as though it's being done on purpose, and not out of laziness, that it looks good. I also believe it makes people look more ethnic, which I like.

20-05-2006
fashion icon

i have thick eyebrows and it looks good on me. sometimes i brush them upwards with some eyebrow glue and that works too. my whole eyebrow philosophy is that you should keep your eyebrows the way they grow naturally and keep the tweazers away from them other than for the soul purpose of avoiding the uni-brow. i think eyebrows are the way they are because that's the way they were meant to be on your face. i can somehow pull off thick eyebrows on a pixie face and i have a shot at modeling with unconventional brows for a female, so it turns out that when i thought my brows were wrong for my face, they're actually just right. so the guidelines of facial beauty and makeup that are thought of as right for everyone in shape and form, especially concerning brows, are not always correct for every person. if i were to put a perfect, thin arch on my face, i'd be funny looking.

Last edited by cuteshoes215; 20-05-2006 at 01:09 AM.
28-05-2006
backstage pass

heres some pic of model hilary rhoda
style.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eyebrow4.jpg (33.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg eyebrow5.jpg (33.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg eyebrow6.jpg (23.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg eyebrow7.jpg (37.2 KB, 7 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyebrows, model