How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva bella View Post
haha yes! i actually am dutch, i studied in middelburg before, but now i'm completing a graduate program in ny.

ever since i moved here little impurities and zits just popped up throughout my t-zone and even outside of that. i guess i hadn't realized how "clean" de zeeuwse sea air was haha. it's probably also a matter of adjusting. i hope that the temperature starts dropping soon so that the dirt particles will no longer stick to my sweaty face.

i am now using a cleanser and a moisturizer by neutrogena, but it leaves my face rather "trekkerig" (you know what i mean

so what did you friend do in london?

Hi!, Internship in a Hotel for while.

I love Zeeland, very beatifull and clean. I moved from the east ( small village) to Amsterdam and i also noticed it on my skin. I would love to go to NY, always a dream, where in NY do you live?

Oh, in the summertime if i have zits, i go to the beach, go in the sea. And then my face is soo great...bit tanned and from the salt in the water it's free of impurities.

31-10-2008
trendsetter

oh, as much as I love this city, Edmonton is a horrible place for my skin.
my face flare up way too easily compare to before >.<

tfs star

yeah, i moved from louisville (a fairly populated city) to chicago (a hugely populated city). population obviously has nothing to do with it, but my skin has gotten worse.

stress and pollution are probably the biggest causes of this, but i have been eating healthy and working out and getting decent sleep. anyone have any products to suggest or other advice?

windowshopping

OMG YES. I moved to Hong Kong for work and the pollution definitely took a toll on my skin. I had red bumps that cropped up on my neck, thought it was a bug bite, but didn't go away after a few weeks so I got really worried, went to a derm in HK and walked out being diagnosed with pityriasis roscea. Cause of symptoms is rather unknown, but I feel that the transition to a completely foreign country, having to get used to different pasturizations in food such as milk, smog, water quality definitely contributed to it.

06-11-2008
windowshopping

^ hong kong was alright. not the best skin wise but its warm-hot all year round and has some humidity
busy areas ie times square, nathan road are totally populated so..air would obviously be more congested

20-11-2008
rising star

i've lived in new york city for about a year now...i moved from the suburbs about half hour away but before then my skin had been clear and ever since i moved here ive had continuous acne! i was just thinking the other day maybe its the pollution

20-11-2008
rising star

Totally agree. Moving to the city wreaked havoc on my skin and I think the main culprit is being in an air conditioned office all day. It's dried up my skin completely. I've taken to using my Jurlique rosewater spray in the office during the day to refresh my skin but I fear I'm probably doing more harm than good with this.

03-12-2008
scenester

I agree with all of you. Moved to a somewhat big city myself, and as a lot of you I have experienced changes in my skin. As to removing all that dirt and pollution that is unavoidable I find this product the best. And I can't live without it.

Bioderma Crealine H2O

This product is amazing. If you first use your normal cleanser and then run this over your face with a cotton pad you'll be very very surprised. And that's not in a good way. But seriously use this before to take of dirt, makeup, fibres etc. It's mostly just water, and it is so gentle and has no smell at all. It's done miracles for me.
Can be bought from: www.leguidesante.co.uk
Read reviews here: www.makeupalley.com

[photo from www.leguidesante.co.uk]

24-12-2008
tfs star

I recently went to London to study for a month and noticed a marked difference within the first weekend of being there. My skin is more broken out than it has ever been (after being somewhat well behaved in the suburbs back in the states). I think my particular case has had something to do with stress as well as the environmental conditions in the city, but still. The shift in the quality of my skin has been extreme. (Still adore London though!)

27-12-2008
fashion insider

i am from stockholm sweden, which is a rather clean city and when i moved to madrid, spain, my skin got really bad...it took some time for it to re-adjust to the new enviroment for sure...

28-12-2008
Adore You

i cant stand LA water when im there on vacay, my skin and hair get really dry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
affects, city, moving, skin