How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

So what is everyone lusting over for Fall? I need to plan ahead and would love to know what are going to be everyone's go to colors.

I bought the Essie Fall 2010 collection...finally! and love it, the colors are still perfect for the season. I'm excited about this seasons too.

ess.jpg
my screen cap

Last edited by McClaire; 19-09-2011 at 01:23 AM.

19-09-2011
tfs star

^^Love them all!

19-09-2011
tfs star

Welcome Gejba! She's a real expert, girls.

19-09-2011
windowshopping

Thx for the welcome Isa. I'm one of your residential lurkers.

24-09-2011
fashion insider

for the ombre nails...i have only done it with blue because that is the only color i have enough variations of. i will try to post a pic next time i wear it (not sure when that will be though).

i used the following...
- butter london big smoke (dark steel blue)
- rescue beauty lounge dead calm (creme true dark blue but-not-quite-navy)
- butter london blagger (creme bright blue; think weezer's the blue album)
- essie coat azure (bright light blue with subtle shimmer)
- chanel riva (icy pale blue)

i think on short, square nails in blue, it really looks quite chic, although it may not be work appropriate depending your field. i think it would be brilliant with purples, but i hardly own any purple polishes. it may also work with brick/red tones. i own butter london's come to bed red (true lipstick red creme), knees up (metallic foil red) and chancer (full-on fine grain glitter in red that goes opaque in two coats and looks like you've just dipped the nail in red fairy dust) and have toyed with doing an all-red ombre if i find other shades that work.

i own A LOT of polish and i think butter london may be my favorite brand. i really love the consistency and can do my nails in about a minute because the formulas and coverage work so well.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
I have Vendetta. I don't think it chips any easier than other nail polishes. Chipping also depends on your base coat, toap coat (maybe they're aren't compatible with Chanel formula) etc. It's not necessary that the nail polish itself it's bad. Over the years I realised that 20€ and more for nail polish is too much. Especially when there are so many dupes available. For Vendetta try China Glaze Midnight Ride.
Do you have any nail polishes that you don't use that often? Maybe we can switch, I admit that I haven't used Vendetta for a very long time.
Hi Isa! Sorry I have barely been on the forum this week and have just seen your lovely response. Thanks so much! I don't know why I have even tried Base Lissant from Chanel with my Chanel nailpolish and have no luck with it what so ever...I tend to always wear red shades so I don't know if its because thats just how red nail polish is? I find that thats one colour that chips a lot more easier than any others...I would have loved to trade but I have actually just received Vendetta from a friend as a belated birthday present I am waiting until October to wear it out and will let you know how the staying power is!

.fr

Could anyone possibly suggest a bright red mettalic nail polish like in the picture? Thank a lot!

[jakandjil.com]

V.I.P.

^Isn't that polish one of those Sally Hansen like strips? The other fingers aren't that noticeable but the middle finger kind of looks like it.

fashion insider

butter london's knees up is a metallic red. the formula is lovely.

http://w7x.makeupalley.com/product/s...ondon/Polishes

V.I.P.

^ Oh wow! I didn't even know nail polish could look that cool. I haven't tried any metallic polishes.

backstage pass

Hi guys. I've been all over the place trying to hunt down this polish. I'm looking for a sheer, milky nude like the one on Lily's toes in this picture.

Just Jared

Any ideas what it could be? Every other nude I've tried has been too opaque or too pink or too white. Would applying fewer coats help?

Last edited by Sav_; 04-10-2011 at 12:25 AM.
05-10-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

^ You could try OPI Bubble Bath?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
So what is everyone lusting over for Fall? I need to plan ahead and would love to know what are going to be everyone's go to colors.

I bought the Essie Fall 2010 collection...finally! and love it, the colors are still perfect for the season. I'm excited about this seasons too.

Attachment 606815
my screen cap
I bought a few of OPI's Touring America after finding this blog. I was gonna go and buy some of Illamasqua's Theatre of the Nameless Collection but I decided to just get OPI dupes if I could (I got Romeo & Joliet to dupe Scarab) and I'm so happy! I'm new to 'collecting' polishes and my friends think I'm crazy for spending so much on them and at the same time never gone to a nail salon.

08-10-2011
front row

I have quite a huge collection of nail polish and my boyfriend always made fun of me because of that. Nice to see that everyone else here shares my passion for nail polish

Currently i am in a purple and blue phase, my favorites are
catrice 410 pool party at night
H&M nail polish soaked in purple.

i am not really impressed with the quality of the H&M Nail Polish but the color looks so lovely

08-11-2011
tfs star

Got these perfect fall colours. I'm in love!
Metro Chic

Caught With My Khakis Down

Sparrow Me the Drama

www.swatchandlearn.com, scrangie.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, nail, polish