How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

I totally agree. Not my style at all. I think I used my crackle polish once

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

i love kiko nail polishes. my sister and mum bought me a few from spain. Ill post pics of the colours soon.

In other words

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelineo View Post
It look the next polish craze is the new OPI Spotted nail polish that is only available in France.

http://nailderellanails.blogspot.ch/...k-spotted.html
I love the effect more than the crackle/shatter polishes, especially over chrome and holographic shades.

I hope China Glaze or Orly is working on releasing a dupe...

31-07-2012
front row

Artistic colour gloss
Hey!

Has anyone tried this new nail polish? It's like shellac but lasts longer and is more gel like.

If so, does anyone know of any salons in New York that use this technique?? I need one!!

Thank you!

02-08-2012
vertebrae by vertebrae

I love long tacky nails, which probably has everything to do with growing up in the 90s era of airbrushed acrylic nails & doorknocker earrings, so... pretty sure there arent many people on tFS who share this love, but I'll post anyway.

(I go to a salon to get the gel filled in & change the color in between fill ins myself & use a [polish] pen for details like dots or lines or whatever. )

my photo / from my instagram

Last edited by Inaya; 02-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.
02-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
i love kiko nail polishes. my sister and mum bought me a few from spain. Ill post pics of the colours soon.
I just bought a handful too. They were on sale for E1.50! The quality is really good IMO so it felt like quite a scoop

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaya View Post
I love long tacky nails, which probably has everything to do with growing up in the 90s era of airbrushed acrylic nails & doorknocker earrings, so... pretty sure there arent many people on tFS who share this love, but I'll post anyway.

(I go to a salon to get the gel filled in & change the color in between fill ins myself & use a [polish] pen for details like dots or lines or whatever. )

my photo / from my instagram
there's something that's actually so modern and current about this type of nail... starting to grow on me, I have to admit!

I kind of wish I could try an abbreviated version myself, but my nails are just not strong enough, and I'm afraid I'd somehow stab myself in the eye when dealing with my contact lenses :p

06-08-2012
trendsetter

world’s most expensive nail polish worth $250,000, made with crushed 267-carats black diamonds from L.A based jeweler Azature.

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/fashio...swO-RM.twitter

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

Has anyone tried Strange Beautiful's nail polishes? Apparently their colors are very conceptual (they have one that's inspired by menstrual blood!).

source: newsfashiontrend.com

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk-frost View Post
I just bought a handful too. They were on sale for E1.50! The quality is really good IMO so it felt like quite a scoop
That is great! Yes i agree the quality is excellent. Even their lipglosses and eyeshadows are great too i use them all the time.

pls post a pic of the nail polish colours you got! i still need to post a pic of mine lol

backstage pass

Those Strange Beautiful's nail polishes look really interesting. I like the whole conceptual thing even if some are a little bizarre.

Anyone tried Maybelline's line of Color Show polishes? I ran across them the other day and the color selection impressed me, and for a plus they were super cheap. I'm curious on the quality.

wieniawski.blogspot.com

rising star

I've never seen those before! Must not be out in Australia yet, but its a decent colour selection, looks like there is something for everyone there!
As for the quality of Maybelline polishes I HAVE used, I will say nails isn't Maybellines speciality, but it was pretty good for the price. It's not OPI quality, but not bad either!

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

I find Maybelline nail polishes to be very hit and miss. I've concluded that the reddish and pinkish shades tend to be better than the funkier colors. I had a pink one from the 'Colorama' range and that one was so easy to apply and lasted forever without chipping. Had a blue and a teal colored one from the same line and those were a mess. The quality of the ones from the cheaper MNY line is always terrible,btw.

I love the seafoam green color and the dark blue (next to the lime green one) in that 'Color Show' picture!

13-08-2012
rising star

I'm looking for something similar to this nude nail polish, any recommendations? I hope Dior would re-released Nude Chic shade.

thebeautylookbook.com

Last edited by Psylocke; 13-08-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Please don't post links in credits.
13-08-2012
tfs star

^^Maybe Dior Safari Beige, Rimmel French Cafe, MAC Abalone Shell or OPI Samoan Sand? I suggest you check out OPI, they have amazing nude palette!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, nail, polish