How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-04-2006
windowshopping

NARS / questions&help request
Hi,

Nars products are not available where I live and I am planning to ask a friend to buy me from abroad. But since I do not have a chance to try them or actually see them can anyone using them help me, and comment on the products below?

Nars Sparkling Loose Powder: Is it too sparkly and glittery???? I usually wear minimal make up so I need it to make skin look dewy and highlighted but not glittery....

Nars Orgazm Blush: Likewise how is the texture, does it look natural?

and finally the all about eve duo eyeshadow: the site explains it as flesh toned, is anyone using them?? I would like to use them everyday as "no make up" make up, would they be OK for this purpose??

thanks in advance for your comments and help

18-04-2006
windowshopping

I think orgasm blush and all about eve duo are nice.

Orgasm is a very nice pinkish peach which will look good on most of skintone. The texture is very fine. It is a little bit glittery (better for going out: but everyday use is fine). It is very highly pigmented, but if you use light hand, it'll look natural. & It will last forever (Mine still looks new even after 1 & half years)...

All about eve is nice basic nude. The colors look boring in the pan, but they look very nice once applied & very versatile.

I didn't try powder you mentioned... but I find their usual loose powder very nice... you can take a look at www.makeupalley.com for more reviews... hope that it helps...

Last edited by fruchttasche; 18-04-2006 at 07:16 AM.
18-04-2006
windowshopping

thanks a lot fruchttasche! very helpful!!

21-04-2006
The mod squad

They used to sell NARS here and suddenly they stopped. No idea why, I'm so dissapointed!

|/mirror queen\|

It irritates me so much when they donīt sell certain brands on some countries...i certainly understand you Golden Butterfly!
Here there arenīt so mannnnnny brands available....Benefit, NArs, Shu Uemura, just to name a few.

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
They used to sell NARS here and suddenly they stopped. No idea why, I'm so dissapointed!
Not even in small selected shops Golden ? You can get NARS in ParisTexas a clothing shop in Copenhagen (I don't know..have you gone to Copenhagen yet?)

*Edit : How about here Golden ? http://www.costockholm.se/ (could be their site hasn't been updated..but according to it they have NARS)

Last edited by Hanne; 21-04-2006 at 02:51 PM.
22-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella_ist
Hi,

Nars products are not available where I live and I am planning to ask a friend to buy me from abroad. But since I do not have a chance to try them or actually see them can anyone using them help me, and comment on the products below?

Nars Sparkling Loose Powder: Is it too sparkly and glittery???? I usually wear minimal make up so I need it to make skin look dewy and highlighted but not glittery....

Nars Orgazm Blush: Likewise how is the texture, does it look natural?

and finally the all about eve duo eyeshadow: the site explains it as flesh toned, is anyone using them?? I would like to use them everyday as "no make up" make up, would they be OK for this purpose??

thanks in advance for your comments and help
Nars eyeshadow colors look good on EVERY skin tone. I wouldn't worry about Eve duo; as you can make it look light like "no make up" if you want. Or if you layer it over a neutral-colored cream eyeshadow, it can make the color "pop" out more.

Nars blush in Orgasm looks very natural. Even when I sort of sweep it over my whole face to make it glow, too! The texture is light. (The product is very very dense, and my brush brush only picks up a little at a time). I found I have a habit of applying it a couple times to get the desired color I want.

22-04-2006
Storm & Sommer

A lot of people like Nars blush in Orgasm, saying it's a blush everybody can wear.. well I can't.
I tried it on and looked sickly and feverish.
Maybe because of it's iridescent finish ? Nars blush Deep Throat is similar in hue (very pretty) but doesn't have Orgasm's finish.

Last edited by Hanne; 22-04-2006 at 02:51 PM.
24-04-2006
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
*Edit : How about here Golden ? http://www.costockholm.se/ (could be their site hasn't been updated..but according to it they have NARS)
Hanne, thanks! *hug*

I agree with you that Orgasm doesnt look good on me either. Looks like
orange stains on my cheeks.
I prefer a softer colour, I'll definately check out ' Deep Throat ' ( such names
lol ! )

Deep Red Bells

I have never tried NARS, but always love their ads.

07-05-2006
front row

I have blonde hair, green eyes and pale skin. Will Nars blusher in Orgasm suit me? I don't live beside a store that carries NARS, therefore will have to mail order.... so don't want to buy if it is not going to work for me!!!!

I have heard so many good things about it.

backstage pass

^ it is a good blusher
but if u have a cold\blue-undertone, may work for ya, but would be a bit harsh on ur face IMO
try some cooler tones, if u'r into peachy colors, try Zen or Deep Throat

09-05-2006
front row

Thanks Vanilla, gonna wait until I can try it out before I buy it, just in case

barack the vote

I just purchased the Sea, Sex and Sun eyeshadow duo...I tried at Sephora and it blened wonderfully. I loved it so much all the people I was with bought NARS stuff too!

09-05-2006
backstage pass

cutxpaste is it shimmery or matt?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, nars, thread