How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquise
I wanted to buy the cream eyeshadow savage but it was sold out ( I went to 2 sephoras) but after reading the reviews on makeupalley I'm not sure I want it!! Apparently it creases in like 30 min
On its own it definitely tends to crease, but a primer really helps. As a previous poster recommended, Urban Decay Primer Potion is GREAT. It holds liners and powder shadows in place all day - even overnight - and greatly improves the staying power of cream eyeshadows. Hope that helps!

http://beautyaddict.blogspot.com

24-09-2006
rising star

NARS bronzer in laguna...highly reccommended by myself. i'm very pale and this gives me the right amount of color without looking orange but just radiant :-)

24-09-2006
backstage pass

I use NARS blush in Torrid, and I like it. I've also bought a gift once for my friend and it was a palette with several eyeshadows, lip glosses, and blushers, and she liked it too. I wanted one of their lip glosses once but it was out of stock.

17-11-2006
V.I.P.

NARS liquid foundation is fantastic, but I got the matching shade of pressed powder/powder foundation (in the lightest shade, Mont Blanc) and discovered it's too dark for me. Whereas the liquid isn't; I think I'll stick with translucent powder formulas for now.

Melancholy

Laguna bronzer AfreakingMAZING!!!!
Its not ornagy its more deep brown..so so so lovely and you look tanned not tangoed! (orange tanned which is not a real tan colour )

Also love The Orgasm and deepthroat blush

And the Talitha lipgloss

17-11-2006
Melancholy

My mum looks like you. Blonde, creamy white skin and green eyes. Orgasm looks great on her.

You may like to try something else she uses.. the blusher 'madly' instead of bronzing powder because it suits her skin more than the harsh bronzers out there at the moment.

21-11-2006
rising star

OR, instead of primer, a cheap way to reduce creasing is to apply your normal face powder onto the lids using a brush. This works really well for me!

On to NARS, I got Orgasm too because it was so popular but like other ppl, found it a bit orange and the finish a bit too iridescent too. Not very natural. On the other hand, I just bought NARS Dolce Vita l/s which is pretty awesome. It has a deep warm tone but still sheer. Between my MAC Sweetie l/s and this one, I'm all set for winter!

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.mui
On to NARS, I got Orgasm too because it was so popular but like other ppl, found it a bit orange and the finish a bit too iridescent too. Not very natural. On the other hand, I just bought NARS Dolce Vita l/s which is pretty awesome. It has a deep warm tone but still sheer. Between my MAC Sweetie l/s and this one, I'm all set for winter!
big.mui have you tried Nars' Deep Throat blush ? Like you, I find Orgasm too iridescent, infact it makes me look feverish and sickly.. Deep Throat is much more natural imo

pinterest : hanneonpin
26-11-2006
front row

I love Nars. It may be expensive, but I find it's worth it to pay the price.

26-11-2006
lcm
backstage pass

^ totally... i find nars products to be very natural, and they blend with diff skin tone very well

27-12-2006
front row

hi i've been wondering about NARS lipglosses. i love their lipsticks but i'm beginning to find lipstick on me is a bit aging. Are the lipglosses sticky at all? i hate that. any color suggestions for a kind of natural look.

28-12-2006
trendsetter

Nars is by far the best make-up brand I've encountered, overall. I recently discovered and bought the sheer lipstick in La Dolce Vita, and I predict this will quickly become my signature shade. As previously stated, it is a sheer lipstick, so while the color is rich and saturated, once applied, it takes on the attributes of a natural stain. It strikes me as very French: bold in nature, natural by appearance.

scenester

what about there foundations and conealers, have anyone tried them?

Last edited by VersaceGirl; 30-12-2006 at 07:29 AM.
03-01-2007
backstage pass

the eyeshadows suck
the pigment doesnt hold at all

16-01-2007
little soul

So the cream eyeshadows - not recommended? It's a shame, there are sooo many beautiful colours I want, that I think look better in cream formula because they're softer, but I dont want to waste money really..

Tags
makeup, nars, thread