How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-08-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 8 2004, 04:02 PM
Now I'm off to go try a coffee facial... I'll let you know how it goes..
[snapback]325403[/snapback]
What do you add to the coffee and what are the benefits? I'm really curious. Let us know how it went, TheSoCalledPrep.

11-08-2004
windowshopping

i've just tried this for the first today!! using white sugar as a nose scrub! i actually saw some results! some blackheads were gone ! what you do is simply rub some whit4e sugar onto your nose in circular motions after you've washed you face (your nose should be slightly damp), then rinse away the sugar once you've done!

11-08-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by neko.neko@Aug 10 2004, 11:56 PM
i've just tried this for the first today!! using white sugar as a nose scrub! i actually saw some results! some blackheads were gone ! what you do is simply rub some whit4e sugar onto your nose in circular motions after you've washed you face (your nose should be slightly damp), then rinse away the sugar once you've done!
[snapback]327986[/snapback]
Eeep no don't use sugar! Salt is better. And it has antibacterial and healing properties.

I have this book that has all these great DIY beauty recipes that are fantastic.

All I can remember off the top of my head is no sugar or honey on your face/skin. I'll look up the reasons for you guys tomorrow.

11-08-2004
tfs star

I thought honey was a natural healing agent? I used to use it on my blisters from ballet... it used to work really well...

12-08-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 10 2004, 10:33 PM
Eeep no don't use sugar! Salt is better. And it has antibacterial and healing properties.

I have this book that has all these great DIY beauty recipes that are fantastic.

All I can remember off the top of my head is no sugar or honey on your face/skin. I'll look up the reasons for you guys tomorrow.
[snapback]327997[/snapback]
eeek! good thing you stopped me in time!! but then sugar and honey do sound pretty harmless...

12-08-2004
front row

i have ALWAYS had problems getting stains off my teeth (as they are naturally stained) and i have never seen anythign that worked well to whiten them up. but i WILL try the bakin soda starting tonight.

question though. do you recommend using it separatly(like one or the other) from regular toothpaste or before or after regular toothpaste?

12-08-2004
V.I.P.

I use it after my toothpaste.

12-08-2004
backstage pass

How many uses of the baking soda are required before seeing any results?

Thanks <3

12-08-2004
backstage pass

Oops. Forgot to add my thing!

-Honey and Egg Facial-

Mix together 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Honey stimulates and smoothes, egg and almond oil penetrate and moisturize, and yogurt refines and tightens pores.

12-08-2004
backstage pass

TheSoCalledPrep: The baking soda thing intrigues me. Thanks so much for the tip!

My suggestions:

Cucumber is a natural astringent. Just take a slice of it and rub it over your face so that the juice rubs onto you and your face will feel nice and smooth/tight. It feels lovely.

I've read that strawberries and pinapple are both good for facials, but I've found the results unsatisfying. I tried them both a long time ago, but I still remember that he pinapple made my face sting rather uncomfortably so I washed it off right away. I also found the strawberries uncomfortable on my skin and it didn't even feel good afterwards. At least I learned a lesson: acid + face = bad

Honey mixed with oatmeal (real, not instant) makes a good exfoliating scrub. Mix them together and rub it in circles on your face, then wash it off. Then you can put your face over a pot with boiling water and herbs to open/clear your pores. You can finish that by rubbing your face with more honey, but without oats...I don't remember why you use honey again, but your skin feels great at the end.

Hey holly, I'm really interested in what your book has to say about sugar. I've read in other sources that honey is a good thing for your face, so I would really like to hear what your book has to say.

12-08-2004
V.I.P.

okay this is a cool topic what is good for blemishes?

backstage pass

I've heard that lemon juice and tothepaste are good but I'm not sure what works...

There's a thread on that here somewhere already (natural blemish cures). It should only be back a few pages, I think.

13-08-2004
stories everywhere

I used to do avocado-oatmeal masks when I would get dry skin. Just mash up some avocado, add some cooked COOL oatmeal, mix until relatively smooth and apply to skin. Made my skin very smooth and moisturized.

I also heat up olive oil, mint, fresh ground ginger root and a drop of tea tree oil in a coffee mug until hot-warm and apply it to my hair in the kitchen sink, then wrap some plastic around my head and then a towel on top of that. Its strong smelling, but makes my hair gorgeous. I have thick, curly, environmentaly damaged hair (sun + ocean = bad) so I REALLY need a super moisturizer for my hair, otherwise its frizz city. It works great.

V.I.P.

With the baking soda, you should see stain removal immediately, and depending on the shade of your teeth, big results in a week or two.

After you get them really white, I would suggest using it only every other day. I also suggest using it at night so that your teeth have time to be white before being hit with food again.

I'm going to try some of these suggestions!! I just love this kind of stuff.

Blemishes: If it's a huge whitehead or pussy zit, use toothpaste. Keep in mind MODERATION, and only use when necessary. It is one of the most effective IMMEDIATE zappers, though. If it's a blind pimple or just a little blemish, drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

15-08-2004
paint it black

If you want to use a mask with BHA, try the aspirin mask.
You just use 2 uncoated aspirins and a drop of water. There are tons of rave reviews on MUA.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, fixes, home, household, natural, recipes