How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2004
windowshopping

Cool topic! I was just thinking of posting a similar thread on home-made remedies for dry hair. I'll try Ocean H's tip. Although I think that the only solution for my mop is the chop! My reflection in the mirror is beginning to resemble Worzel Gummidge, somehow I don't think it will catch on as the new "Rachel" shag. Any other hair rescue tips out there?

My own discoveries include vinegar for mosquito bites, not really beauty related but effective if u don't mind smelling a bit pungent.

I use bleach when I clean, this makes the tips of your fingernails really white, probably not too good for your hands.

The only thing that will pull the ring off my middle finger is washing up liquid.

(My brother insists that peeing in the shower is the best cure for athletes foot!)

15-08-2004
backstage pass

I mix baking soda in with my regular cleanser for a gentle exfoliant.
I use apple cider vinegar as toner.
To exfoliant in the shower (body only), I mix sugar and olive oil.

15-08-2004
stories everywhere

remembered another one...

mix some ocean water with a dash of heavy conditioner (I use Aussi 3 minute miracle) and apply it to wet hair, let dry. Adds TONS of texture to hair and leaves it soft as well.

- our ocean water is very salty out here, so if you wanted to do it home, make sure you use a high saturation of salt to water.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

How FUN is this kind of stuff???

TheSoCalledPrep, I love the baking soda idea... I've been obsessed with having beautiful teeth since I got my braces off five years ago. I'm sure going to give that a try.

To exfoliate the skin on my elbows, I use a lemon. Works wonders The acid is great for exfoliation.

windowshopping

hey everyone,
I thought it would be a nice idea to post any natural remedies or recipies you know for hair and skin here, for example olive oil in your hair, or recipies for homemade face masks.
Anyone have any?

Claire xoxo

15-08-2004
windowshopping

Oh im so sorry, I just noticed a topic similar to this! Sorry everyone!

15-08-2004
seagreen serenades

Welcome anyway...

15-08-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 15 2004, 05:23 PM
Welcome anyway...
[snapback]333409[/snapback]
Thank you

16-08-2004
trendsetter

I love all these ideas!

I like doing a lil coffee scrub thing to my face. I mix coffe grinds with a little lotion or moisturizer, rub onto my face, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse off. It's a little messy, but it really wakes up my skin, and it smells good too!

16-08-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

I've heard rubbing warm coffee grinds on your thighs, wrapping in saran wrap, than rinsing off will help with cellulite because caffeine (found in almost all cellulite products) stimulates something. I got that from Shape so I think it's fairly reliable though caffeine results never last that long.

17-08-2004
front row

WOW! The baking soda worked extremely well, much better than all the nasty tasting Whitestrips, etc. I've tried. Thanks TheSoCalledPrep!

scenester

I love mashing up an orange or tangerine and using it as a face mask -- the Vitamin C always makes my skin look glowing and fresh. Sometimes I mix a little honey in it.

Tea tree oil on zits works better than anything else I have ever tried.

Oatmeal bath: I love making a little pouch, filling it with oatmeal, and letting the water for my bath run through it. It's so relaxing and my skin gets sooo soft!

18-08-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally posted by mehg@Aug 16 2004, 01:44 AM
I've heard rubbing warm coffee grinds on your thighs, wrapping in saran wrap, than rinsing off will help with cellulite because caffeine (found in almost all cellulite products) stimulates something. I got that from Shape so I think it's fairly reliable though caffeine results never last that long.
[snapback]333791[/snapback]
Caffiene is a diuretic, so it probably makes you pee out any water you have been retaining. Cellulite will tend to look lumpier when you are retaining water.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by eloes@Aug 12 2004, 11:06 PM
I've heard that lemon juice and tothepaste are good but I'm not sure what works...

[snapback]330347[/snapback]
I've tried both and can say neither work. The lemon juice dried up my nose and made it peely and gross for a week!
As for the toothpaste, has absolutely no effect at all.
But that was just me.

19-08-2004
windowshopping

oh yeah! i love this thread!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, fixes, home, household, natural, recipes