How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-03-2005
  91
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reseneace
Ive been taking kelp tablets on and off for awhile and its got my hair in better condition....some how! But i dont know how you can tell if it speeds up metabolism?
Reseneace you should try zink tablets as well..they help prevent hair breakage..and it's good for your skin as well..most people don't get enough zink in their diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by acester
wat are teething rings?
Not completely sure..I've allways thought they were for babies with icthy gum's about to develop teeth..

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
  Reply With Quote
 
22-03-2005
  92
Cinematic Vision
 
boho_babe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Yorkshire, England
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
Not completely sure..I've allways thought they were for babies with icthy gum's about to develop teeth..
yeh, they are to sooth babys gums when they are teething and getting their teeth through.

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  93
front row
 
Reseneace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: England
Gender: femme
Posts: 450
Hanne thanks for that My hair is still breaking off so i'll look out for zinc tablets. Can you get them from a chemist?

__________________
Yessir
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  94
yes
 
Acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,507
another thing which is amazing which wasnt mentioned is......the EGG

if you split an egg into the white and yolk, wizz the white into a foam and put in in your hair after shampooing, and then wash right out, it will make your hair twice as thick and strong plus it will make your hair dry tousled
and with the yolk.....if you apply it all over your face for 10 mins, it will make your skin smoother and if you've been in the sun, your tan will develop 5 times as fast

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  95
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reseneace
Hanne thanks for that My hair is still breaking off so i'll look out for zinc tablets. Can you get them from a chemist?
Yes chemist or local health store..as it's just a vitamine product you might even get it at your local supermarket I suspect.

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  96
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 9
Thanks a lot for the good advice....It really works!

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  97
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 9
I got a question:

I just baught a Hairstraightener Do you know a product that helps the hair not "dry" completly out afte use of the straightener?
That would be very helpful!

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  98
I love model_mom!
 
Sloan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,388
Great! Thanks lady grey!

__________________
“We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken.”
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  99
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Fever
I got a question:

I just baught a Hairstraightener Do you know a product that helps the hair not "dry" completly out afte use of the straightener?
That would be very helpful!
Fashion Fever, there are several threads on hair straightening products you might want to read, find an answer it (?) and/or post your question in

Good Hair Straightening Products?: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6149

Ga.ma Hair Straightenershttp://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6337

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  100
front row
 
Reseneace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: England
Gender: femme
Posts: 450
I shall check in at Holland and Barratts they usually have that kind of thing! Thanks again.

__________________
Yessir
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  101
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
Fashion Fever, there are several threads on hair straightening products you might want to read, find an answer it (?) and/or post your question in

Good Hair Straightening Products?: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6149

Ga.ma Hair Straightenershttp://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6337
Thanks a LOT Hanne, That was very useful!

Love from F-F

  Reply With Quote
22-03-2005
  102
Procrastinator.
 
HBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
another thing which is amazing which wasnt mentioned is......the EGG

if you split an egg into the white and yolk, wizz the white into a foam and put in in your hair after shampooing, and then wash right out, it will make your hair twice as thick and strong plus it will make your hair dry tousled
and with the yolk.....if you apply it all over your face for 10 mins, it will make your skin smoother and if you've been in the sun, your tan will develop 5 times as fast
I've never heard of using egg whites for hair. I'll have to try that. I've used an egg white mask for my face before (same principle, whisk the white until foamy, apply, let dry, wash out)...it's good for firming and bringing out your natural glow. I've read that egg white is better for oily skin (which mine is) and yolk is better for dry.

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2005
  103
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Fever
Thanks a LOT Hanne, That was very useful!

Love from F-F
Glad to be able to help

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
  Reply With Quote
04-04-2005
  104
V.I.P.
 
acester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,965
OK with the Brewers Yeast and Yoghurt thing..

Does it actually work first?

And if it does, do you put it on as a mask once a week to PREVENT pimples, or do you put it on pimples that are up and annoying, or ones you can feel coming up? Or just pimple prone areas?

I'm confused!

  Reply With Quote
05-04-2005
  105
front row
 
secondly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 491
Drink White Tea. Its incredible for your skin.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, fixes, home, household, natural, recipes
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.