How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2005
Wanderlust

Awesome info! Thanks!

08-04-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks Ladygrey for the link! Apple Cider Vinegar really is supposed to be good for your health, I take a tablespoon with warm water everyday. I am so going to try the egg whites on my hair.
Does anyone take a tbspoon of olive oil everyday? I heard that it's good for health in general.
Oh and what is white tea??

08-04-2005
front row

White Tea is a rare relative of green tea which is an antioxidant I believe and its the best 'health tea' from Chinese herbology. Its dirt cheap and you'll notice a difference in your skin the next day after drinking it. Its also a far less powerful flavour than Green Tea.

08-04-2005
rising star

Thank you for posting this link, Lady Grey! I will definitely be drinking more iced water and substituting lemon juice for my usual toner in the next few days!

09-04-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks secondly

12-04-2005
backstage pass

colon cleanser
guess it's up to me to go there.:p

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme

Last edited by meme527; 12-04-2005 at 01:05 PM.
12-04-2005
fashion elite

wow meme, that is great advice?
But where can I purchase it and is?

12-04-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme527
guess it's up to me to go there.:p

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme
You should really post yor advice in the Sugarholics Anonymous thread as well meme527

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=23995

pinterest : hanneonpin
12-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
another thing which is amazing which wasnt mentioned is......the EGG

if you split an egg into the white and yolk, wizz the white into a foam and put in in your hair after shampooing, and then wash right out, it will make your hair twice as thick and strong plus it will make your hair dry tousled
and with the yolk.....if you apply it all over your face for 10 mins, it will make your skin smoother and if you've been in the sun, your tan will develop 5 times as fast
What a fantastic thread!! Haven't had a chance to read through all the tricks yet, but I'll be back!

Never heard of the egg trick, Acid, but it makes total sense when you think about it. I'll try this sometime. I'm plagued with very fine hair...

12-04-2005
V.I.P.

^Me too, fine and curly aren't the best combination. I tried the whisked egg thing, and afterwards and the next day, my hair looked much thicker and shinier than usual and felt great. I didn't do it the past two days and my hair looks normal again, but I think I'll try it on a daily basis and see if there are any permanent results.
Thank you for the tip Acid!!

12-04-2005
backstage pass

most major drug stores have it, packaged either as "colon cleanser" or as 100% psyllium seed husks. i know you can buy it in bulk at various health food stores as well - this is the best and cheapest way to get it, if you have access t that in your community.

psyllium husk is the main ingredient in metamucil - but use this as a last resort, as you are also getting sugar or aspartame, artificial color and flavor

let me know how it goes!

meme

PS: the section on colon cleansing mentions Mae West doing daily enemas. this sounds a bit more like a sexual fetish that a health regimine - too frequent enemas are not good for the protective lining of the colon.

12-04-2005
V.I.P.

Oooff - the word "enema" gives me the shivers!! Childish, I know, but it does!

So are the husks basically a substitute for fiber?

Glad to her about the egg, Tinuviel!!

12-04-2005
backstage pass

hey curious:

the husks ARE fiber - the kind that bulk up and don't get digested, therefore no carbs, no calories, etc. i can never remember if this is "soluble" or "INsoluble" fiber.

you have to take it with lots of water. i mix the tablespoon or so of psyllium with 4 oz of cranberry juice and just slam the glass, then drink another small glass of juice or water right afterward.

good for what ails you.

meme

12-04-2005
V.I.P.

Ha! Thanks for the clarification, Meme. Duh, on my part

Yes! LOTS of water, I imagine. I'm kind of a nut about fiber!! Most people count calories, I count fiber grams...

I'm familiar with the initial bloating from extra fiber, but for everyone else reading... it does go away once your body is accustomed to it!

A bonus, too: Getting the right amount of fiber also helps keep your belly slim! Doctor's recommend that women get between 25 and 35 grams a day. Most women only average 15!!! Food for thought

13-04-2005
V.I.P.

soz had to repeat it since i really wanna know :

OK with the Brewers Yeast and Yoghurt thing..

Does it actually work first?

And if it does, do you put it on as a mask once a week to PREVENT pimples, or do you put it on pimples that are up and annoying, or ones you can feel coming up? Or just pimple prone areas?

I'm confused!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, fixes, home, household, natural, recipes