How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-04-2005
front row

beauty tip
Honey remedy for skin blemishes... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

17-04-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
Ha! Thanks for the clarification, Meme. Duh, on my part

Yes! LOTS of water, I imagine. I'm kind of a nut about fiber!! Most people count calories, I count fiber grams...

I'm familiar with the initial bloating from extra fiber, but for everyone else reading... it does go away once your body is accustomed to it!

A bonus, too: Getting the right amount of fiber also helps keep your belly slim! Doctor's recommend that women get between 25 and 35 grams a day. Most women only average 15!!! Food for thought
I dont think i get enough fiber
I have a question...
how do you manage to eat 25/35g of fiber? do you take a supplement?

25-04-2005
windowshopping

oatmeal mask: mix oatmeal with water (make a paste). leave it on your face for no more than 15 mins. or else it'll be very itchy.
for blotchy skin: apple cider vinegar plus water as my toner
for acne/pimple: lemon + water
to minimize pores: rub tomato skin on nose, etc etc.

26-04-2005
ele
rising star

I put a little bit of hairspray on my finger tip and then rub it across my eyebrows before I go out to keep them in place.

26-04-2005
backstage pass

hi this is a great post

here are my tips:
scrub nails with a lemon to strength them i believe this also helps get rid of yellowish marks left by dark nail polish.

sorry don't know the word in english in spanish its agua oxigenada. its used like alcohol to clean cuts. if you dab some in a cotton ball and then clean under ur nails it will make them whiter so they kind of resemble a french/white tip.

30-04-2005
rising star

sorry if someone has already said this - apple vinegar for dry/itchy/dandruff scalp. it works!

02-05-2005
tfs star

I rinse my face with salt water when I've scratched at spots and they've become tiny cuts.

02-05-2005
V.I.P.

strawberries are a natural anti-oxidant.... i sometimes mash up a couple strawberries and use it as a face mask...

12-05-2005
scenester

hollyslookingdry - WHOA! I used the salt on my nose for blackheads and it's worked! I've used it every 3 days after regular cleansing, and it's been great! Thank you so much!

12-05-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme527
guess it's up to me to go there.:p

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme
I've been adding husk to my youghurt for the past two days now..and it's a struggle ..I was told it didn't taste of anything...but it seems to swell up in my mouth and while the taste isn't awful..it still gives me the gag reflex now and again..so I'm only eating 2xteaspoons of the stuff.

pinterest : hanneonpin
18-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
porridge oats mixed with hot water.......the squeezed creates a kinda milk. if u wash your hair with this milk it makes it very thick and good condition. and as for the oats left over, you can use them as a face and body scrub
yeah, please.. I wanna know

btw, can you give me a site where I can buy the gel you are talking about?

18-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme527
guess it's up to me to go there.:p

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme
my dad's diabetic too. you know what he does to keep his sugar level in control?

He buys a cactus leaf, slice it b/w the upper and lower surfaces of the leaf. You will find some kinda gel inside it.. If you eat it atleast once day, it really helps. At least for my dad.

24-05-2005
backstage pass

To whoever posted (sorry i can't remeber) thanks for the salt tip for black heads is totaly does the trick!!!

07-06-2005
front row

Hi, you are all the natural people......, it's great to know all of your tricks. Mine is olive oil, lemon, table salt to rub together as shower douce. Practically I use after I do my routine joggings. My dirty sweaty skin becomes soft and clean afterwards.

07-06-2005
front row

Hair grow tricks with natural ingredients. Indonesian trick is celery. Apply celery on damp hair..., leave on an hour, then rinse with tepid water. So you can use your regular shampoo.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, fixes, home, household, natural, recipes