How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2006
tfs star

[quote=Blanche DuBois]I loved this thread
but I thought I would get a list of things I need to buy...

For instance: I wanna have this look everyday

Chloe s/s 2005, style.com

How do I get this look?
Which products should I wear? (I do not mean what brands, but what exactly?)
I only use a foundation in cream, but I have oil skin, so is that good??
should I put concealer, foundation and powder? and then blush?
isn't that too much?

Thats exactly my problem. My skin is not perfect and I have undereye bags. So if I just put on some tinted moisturizer it just isnt enough.

I try to be very conservative on the concealer, dotting it with a brush....but I need powder to lock it in. And after all that, I look strange.... Like if I was halfaways in my makeup process and not a good look to go out in. I just dont look good!
The girls in the pics posted before are gorgeous, but hey, theyre teens. WHen you are over 35 you cannot get away with almost no makeup, because you tend to look tired, or worse yet, sick!.

This is my plan. Ill restart all my makeup process for every day using only the minimum.

Maybe Im piling too much stuff and maybe thats the cause of the error...dont you think???.
Im going to dilute the tinted moisturizer (mine is kinda thick) with normal moisturizer, then apply the minimum possible of concealer on bags and pimps, and then the sheerest veil of translucent powder. Then some almost nonexistent colour on eyes, a swipe of mascara and gloss.

I think I have to re-learn to see myself with less makeup.

26-11-2006
Simplethings

im going back to the natural look ASAP..which is tomorrow!
lol..i dont leave the house on saturdays so thats the only day i dont wear any makeup.

i graduated in 05..and i never wore makeup in high school! getting ready was just so much easier that wat. not to say i wear a lot now..people say i still look with same with or without it so i might as well not bother! my male coworker actually asked me..are you even wearing any makeup?! lol..i think he is so used to seeing girls spackle it on(ive seen his ex-girlfriend haha too heavy handed with makeup)

bare minimum
- concealer for undereyes
- mascara on curled lashes
- sheer(it has to be b/c im very fair) pink blush
- and a lil bit of mac lustreglass(pink) because i cant leave the house without it..its like my lip balm!

Last edited by kissablekae; 26-11-2006 at 12:30 AM.
30-01-2007
Simplethings

loved Jaime King's look in Slackers
mascara, blush, & lip tint

source : yahoo movies!

31-01-2007
trendsetter

Fashionably Lost, Nars has a new blush called albatross that is like a pale shimmery golden color that supposedly looks good on all skin. Try it! I would, but I am broke, as per usual

trendsetter

Oh! And Mac has a blush called strada that Alejandro here recommends for fair skin.

tfs star

Im always with the same dilemma...how to cover blemishes and undereye details without looking made up. I am rarely withour a zit here or there (Im almost 40, I should be over it...Grrrr) I have lasered out some sun spots I had from my early youth, so that made it eadier because my skin colour is now more even.
But I still have pimples and I need to cover them!!!!
I think oily skin is great because I have no lines at all, my skin is elastic and young looking, but the pimples are there.

How do I cover them and still look decent with little makeup??

Last edited by newprincesita; 31-01-2007 at 11:21 AM.
31-01-2007
front row

My tinted moisturiser (Ten-O-Six) has become too dark and heavy for me, so I've started mixing it with some moisturiser. But the results are unpredictable, and I'd rather just buy a super-sheer foundation. I was thinking of BECCA luminous skin colour- does anyone reccomend it?

31-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I wish I could simply go out bare face or simply with a little moisturizer....
me too

V.I.P.

Good thread!

In my opinion, girls who wear loads of make-up thinking they will look better are just kidding themselves.

I also find that wearing nice glasses is a good/easy way to avoid too much make-up. This doesen't apply for everyone I'm sure... a lot of people don't need to wear any, but I get some dark circles under my eyes too.. and instead of having to apply a lot of concealer there.. and then being forced to apply to the rest of my face to make it look more even, glasses cover it a bit more easily and nicely sometimes.

trendsetter

^yes, I have discovered that too. By wearing glasses the biscet my under eye circles, I can wear much less under eye conealer now.

Simplethings

i really dont like to wear a lot of eye makeup. for me, mascara and curled lashes makes the most difference without overloading on makeup..

my lashes has been looking like crap lately but i realized that it was my lash curler this whole time! i love my Shiseido lash curler and still do but i needed to refill the rubber pad really badly. so today i bought refills(2 for about $3 US) and replaced that old one & voila..my lashes are back!

the old lash curler pad had been curling my lashes unevenly resulting in crimped or clumpy lashes..as well as taking out a lot of lashes! *tears*

so make sure you refill your mascara pad when you start to see lil cuts in the bad!! its not the curler..its the rubber pad!

13-04-2007
front row

0916200510213395.jpg

I think this is by far the most natural make up ever.I wonder if they put anything more than a spray of water on her face to make her look that fresh.
Anyone know how to get that look?

13-04-2007
trendsetter

^this look is gorgeous, but I assume they used a lot more than a spray.
I'd say they used at least a bit mascara, definitely blush and gloss.

15-04-2007
trendsetter

^ actually that show was interviewed for in backstange confidential in style.com. there is the makeup step it was used in the show (yes i just rip it from the page since im to lazy to digest it and say it in my own word. from http://www.style.com/beauty/backstage/122105):

Saving Face
Scooting about the backstage area, makeup artist Pat McGrath carefully patted a nutrient-soaked SK-II Facial Treatment Mask on the models' faces. "The girls are just in love with these," she said, noting that the ten-minute treatment is the "perfect" antidote to complexions "traumatized" by fashion week. After skin was prepped, McGrath made touchups with the lightest bit of foundation, rather than concealer. Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 is a hydrating, oil-free base.

At First Blush
The "fresh, glowing skin" that McGrath is always talking about takes a two-pronged effort. At Calvin Klein, she followed up a sheer, dewy base with equally transparent touches of color. To create a similar effect, blend a few drops of Benefit Benetint liquid blusher on both the apples of cheeks and in the center of the bottom lip.

The Lips Have It
The girls' ripe, pouty lips weren't just a byproduct of youth, McGrath insisted, but rather the rewards of a vitamin-packed beauty routine. Lip balm from Ole Henriksen, the cult Danish botanical skincare line, is part of her own daily regimen. Pulling her personal tube out of a handbag, the makeup artist cooed, "I'm addicted, myself."

Simplethings

tis the season for natural makeup to come back!

i love model candids because they usually dont wear a lot of makeup when they are not working..and only what they 'need' to define their faces without looking like they are really wearing any.

i screepcapped this photo of Doutzen Kroes myself from German interview.

all i wear is

skin : a little bit undereye concealer to brighten eyes

eyes : black or brown mascara, just one light coat so it doesnt really matter weather its black or brown as long as its natural looking and adds subtle definition that you only really notice up close

cheeks : sometimes i wear blush but most of the time i dont. it really depends on the weather, its pretty hot in California so its not really necessary. my cheeks blush on their own because of the hot weather
..plus its sooo hard to find a natural looking blush(i like sheer pink blushes) because im super super fair skinned! and any recs are welcome !

lips : clear lip balm

my philosophy for makeup is : less is more. the less you wear the more its about your face and not about the makeup. when you dont rely on makeup to look your best, it encourages you to take care of yourself like cleansing skin properly, staying out of the sun, eating well, and getting enough sleep etc!

source : youtube

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, minimal, natural