How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by new110trend View Post
Has anyone here tried young blood? its a mineral based foundation. its a little cheaper than bare mionerals but i guess it works alot better. A friend recommened it to me... but i dont know really what to go for.
2 of my best friends use Young Blood foundation, and it's amazing on them. I was planning on purchasing it for myself too, but I ended up trying out a tinted moisturiser that I bought instead, but I will be trying out Young Blood down the line...

08-02-2009
doldrums

Great thread it's really helpful. I never thought about using brow gel despite that the fact that my brows can be very unruly at times.

13-02-2009
scenester

I think it's really important to keep your natural look so after doing my skincare routine, I just use Lancome mascara and sometimes Chanel blush, and of course lip balm.

02-04-2009
trendsetter

I can't believe Joy Bryant hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet. She always wears such natural-looking and minimal makeup. I can't really recreate her makeup because I look nothing like her, but I find her very inspiring.

Joy Bryant

Quote:
To get Joy Bryant's gorgeous glow, Lancome makeup artist Tarek Abbas focuses on hydrating and perfecting the star's skin. After moisturizing, use a powder like Lancome Dual Finish all over the face with a fluffy brush to create a matte effect, then warm the skin with a bronzer—Abbas used Lancome's limited-edition Star Bronzer compact on Bryant—and highlighting brush to create a natural look. When working with bronzing powers, use the tip of brush making quick circular motions on the cheek, skin and nose. "During the summer this is the perfect look because it's light and fresh and the colors and textures enhance the natural beauty of anyone," said Abbas. If you're using bronzer on darker skin, try Lancome's #3 brush which provides a lighter application.
text and image from instyle.com

05-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
That's not AHA...
Yes it is (Lactic Acid)

My favourite natural makeup look is -
- MD Skincare All-in-One Tinted Moisturiser
- By Terry Bronze Expert
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara (after curling lashes)
- YSL Shiny Lip Plumper in Candy

This is only if I am in a big hurry though - I would also use Prescriptives Flawless Primer, By Terry Touch Expert, Fusion Beauty Brightening Mineral Powder, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder (bridge of nose, cupid's bow, centre of eyelids, brow bone, inner corner of eyes, temples, chin), Nars Eyeshadow in Cairo, Stila Brow Powder & By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush in Fresh Rose.
Other fantastic products to use for a natural look are Nars Blush in Orgasm, Prescriptives Stick Foundation, Becca Compact Concealer, Nars Loose Powder, Nars Highlighting Powder in Albatross, Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna, YSL Shiny Lip Plumper in Nude, Nars Lipgloss in Chihuahua, Nars The Multiple in Portofino, Estee Lauder Eyeshadow in Mocha, Stila Lip Colour in Wendy, Prescriptives Traceless, By Terry Light & Bronze Expert Mineral Compacts... I will stop now, but I can go on lol.
As other people said, it is important to have agood skincare regime - a gentle, water-soluble cleanser that balances the skin, antioxidant-rich serum and/or moisturiser suitable for your skintype that contains hyaluronic acid and gentle yet effective exfoliants (both manual & chemical - unless you have active breakout, then chemical only).
HTH

07-05-2009
backstage pass

I don't wear foundation because i'm 18 and i don't need it just yet. I use either Nivea cream on my skin or Palmer's cocoa butter (:

Other make-up i use;
Rimmel glam'eyes mascara
Rimmel black eyeliner
Vanilla lipbalm from Boots (:
and i sometimes wear Rimmel eyeshadow.

trendsetter

You're lucky I was more in need of foundation at 18 than I am now. I didn't have acne, but my skin was often blotchy and broken-out. Nowadays I go for a touch of concealer on redness/undereye circles and powder for less shine, and only use tinted moisturizer or foundation if I'm after a very flawless finish. I figure it's only a few years before the wrinkles start setting in, so I better enjoy an almost-bare face while it lasts.

05-06-2009
xx

im all for minimal makeup for the summer. right now i dont use anything liquid/cream based unless its lipgloss

05-06-2009
xx

Diana Moldovan

imaxtree

01-07-2009
tfs star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoxFBqyhuE

There´s some makeup there, but she looks like she has nothing on, and still she looks pulled together, elegant and very sexy.

Tips on how it´s done?

25-02-2012
front row

freshfaced. no makeup looks!
I know this isn't a new concept and there are many articles about it. but recently i've been admiring the no makeup face - neutral lip balm, groomed eyebrows, curled lashes with clear mascara and tinted moisturiser (no heavy base). It's a good look for the beach, especially if you already have a tan, and I can imagine it on relaxed weekends with a classic white tshirt and jeans. It is a look that emphasises simplicity, health and natural beauty. I still like dramatic eyeliner, rouge, and whatnot, but once in a while it's nice to pare it down.

Last edited by Erzébeth II; 25-02-2012 at 01:08 AM.
25-02-2012
fashion insider

More involved than my version of 'no-make-up' look but I love how zen like and effortless Lisa is about the whole thing;
she's just a pleasure to watch and learn from

@ 12:35 I love how she says 'massage.' It's a great tip esp since I find tight-lining a sure fire way to ensure watering, smeary eye make-up! However sometimes I will tightline then Q-tip away anything that's not deposited right along/into the lash line. Pro-longed periods of eyeliner on the waterline is bad news...Concealer and I do not get along esp on zits, which luckily I rarely get but when I do I find putting make-up on top always brings more attention to them.

My 'no make-up look' is what I normally do and involves:

Sephora POP the Question eyeshadow as highlighter (followed up by a dampened sponge) on cheeks to even out redness and fake that just came in from the outdoors flush.

If I look like a grease-ball during the day I'll dust on some Fresh Face Luster in Chalet Girl, just enough to cut the shine.

MAC Velvetone eyebrow pencil as eyeliner (finally can ditch the forever crumbling Tarte inner rim pencil)

AVEDA Plum Mist trio (reddish purple section) just on top of the liner to set the MAC as it is quite smudgy on it's own.

Fresh Sugar Passion mini lip treatment blended or whatever else is laying around.

backstage pass

I'm a m/u artist and the "no makeup" look is what I do %99 of the time especially for men. I conceal around the eyes with a peach toned concealer to cancel out that blue/purple ness, then I apply a green concealer just on the red areas. Then I color match their foundation and apply it with a foundation brush, a damp sponge, and my fingers. If it's a close up scene I apply just a teeny bit of dark brown mascara for definition. I use a fan brush instead of a spoolie. Then I contour with matte bronzer and add a touch of peach blush all over for some color. If their lips are chapped I put on some Aquaphor or Jack Black balm cause neither are too shiny. The waterline people's eyes' tend to get pinkish so I love to use a skin toned liner. MAC has a bunch of shades but for most light and medium skin tones I can get away with Tarte EmphysEyes. This step really makes a difference.

For women I do all these steps but add a combo of neutral shades on their eyes for definition. I like MAC Soft Brown with the teenist bit of Stila Ebony. I add more blush, then a flattering lipcolor similar to their shade.

When I do the look on myself I use my mineral foundation Jane Iredale liquid minerals, conceal, then dust on Jane Iredale pressed minerals, Rimmel matte bronzer in Sun Light, Nars Mata Hari which is a matte clean pink shade. I curl my lashes, apply dark brown mascara, nude liner in my waterline, smudge a bit of deep brown shadow along my upper lashline then a medium brown in my crease. I skip lipcolor and just use lipbalm like Epicuren or Aquaphor.

28-02-2012
Making a Mess

^ Thank you . Such a great, informative post.

I'm going to try Tarte's EmphysEyes. I have a pinkish white liner that I'm using on my waterline but I don't like it. It doesn't look natural.

backstage pass

Ahh, spelled it wrong. But you must get it. It goes on super smooth too and lasts. I keep it in my bag at all times. One in my kit and one for me.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5648

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, minimal, natural