How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
There is no American version of Nuxe; I think people just have different levels of sensitivity to smells!
Yes, you're right! I have bought the oil both in the states and overseas and it's the same exact thing, I love the smell but for me it doesn't last very long, my friend says she can smell it on her skin all day.
btw does anyone here use the Huile prodigieuse on their face? I always use it on my body but never on my face and I'm curious about it.

02-08-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
There is no American version of Nuxe; I think people just have different levels of sensitivity to smells!
I have a pretty high sensitivity to smells, but I guess I find the scent of Reve de Miel quite bland? I never notice it.

I can smell Huile Prodigieuse all day long (it's lovely on the face). There's no reason to be afraid of oil on your face, it can't break you out. It makes no sense, oil doesn't cause inflammation, and it doesn't clog your pores (they do that on their own )

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 02-08-2011 at 03:42 AM.
02-08-2011
front row

^I'm not afraid of putting oil on my face, that's actually what I moisturize with, but every oil and skin type is different, I was asking more along the lines of absorption, does it sit in your skin or does it dry quite quickly? does it leave it matte or more dewy? things like that.

In Bloom

A lot of people are

It is very thin and absorbs quickly, it leaves a slight sheen but you don't look greasy. It's so sexy on legs.

we were in love

03-11-2011
front row

I just splurged on the Creme Merveillance Enrichie. My skin has been super dry and dehydrated lately, we'll see how this works out.

25-11-2011
trendsetter

I LOVE Creme Etincelante as a night cream. I also use the Exfoliant Doux Aromatique aux 3 Roses and Aroma Perfection Fluide Prodigieux Anti Brilliance.

I just ordered a Nuxe Travel Kit which includes a 10ml of Huile Prodigieuse. Can't wait to try it out.

07-12-2011
rising star

The only Nuxe thing I have is the light version of the "Crème fraiche de beauté". I haven't tried anything else yet, I want to finish all the products I have before (so that will take a while!), but I definitely will.
I think that cream is good because it's a good moisterizer but it stays matte and doesn't shine. It's a good base for foundation. I think many other cheaper creams do the same job, really... but I love the smell of that cream, it smells like freshly cut grass! I'll try other things and see how they work.

09-12-2011
tfs star

My fav Nuxe products:

soap.com
Nothing works better for dry and chapped lips.

lookfantastic.com

01-03-2012
rising star

Ohhhhh how come I never visit this thread? Nuxe is my favourite line for face skincare!!!

I love:
Creme etincelante « btw now it's kinda difficult to find in paris parapharmacy, is it being discontinued?
Creme fraiche light « my fave day moisturizer. It is moisturizing and yet keep my face matte. I stock up on this
Reve de miel lipbalm « even more moisturizing than burts bees. Am loving it (never tried the stick tho)
Reve de miel face cleanser « smells so darn good and not drying yet cleanse well
Moisturizing mask « forgot the full name, but v good for long flight or tired skin
Eye cream nirvanesque « it's well absorbed
Creme nirvanesque « makes my face so smooth!!!!
Huile prpdigoeuse « what more can say about this oil?
Posted via Mobile Device

16-03-2012
rising star

I have a feeling creme etincelante is being discontinued!

I can't find it on their website anymore. Anyone knows sth about it?

16-03-2012
trendsetter

Yes it has been discontinued.

It's a shame, because Creme Etincelante was a staple of my skincare routine. I alternate it with Oskia's Bedtime Beauty Boost as a night cream. It definitely worked far better than some of the overhyped night creams like la Mer, la Prairie, Chantecaille etc.

Still, I think there'll be a few around, if you scour the internet. Since face creams don't usually expire for about 2-3 years (unless it's the organic variety), stocking up will be a good idea, I reckon, before the remaining stock gets sold out.

28-03-2012
rising star

I intend to buy as many jars as I come across from now on!

On the other hand, maybe I should go back to Darphin or finally try Kiehl's Night Serum.

29-03-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

I just used the Nuxe moisturizing mask for a New York - Paris flight and it's so good! It doesn't leave a greasy film on the skin (actually, it's not visible at all) and my skin is well moisturized even after a long flight.

backstage pass

Apparently Huile Prodigieuse OR comes with a pump now, and it's double sized 'cause they're celebrating an anniversary of the product!!
So does this shimmery version works on hair as well or it serves no other purpose than for body? I hope it's a subtle kind of glowy, or it's not?

28-06-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naen View Post
Apparently Huile Prodigieuse OR comes with a pump now, and it's double sized 'cause they're celebrating an anniversary of the product!!
So does this shimmery version works on hair as well or it serves no other purpose than for body? I hope it's a subtle kind of glowy, or it's not?
I have it and ... ok It was a gift but i'd never considerate to buy it it's way too much shimmery ... and i hate the smell

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nuxe