How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2007
fashion elite

^^ is that stuff in a tube and it comes out all like... waxyish?
i tried that once and it serious left a layer, a coating of wax and grease on my face... it was disgusting.

22-08-2007
barack the vote

i love the sound of this
my skin used to be pretty oily and breakout a lot but it doesnt now but do you think if i tried this my skin would get bad again

22-08-2007
fashion elite

no i dont think so cause most people would think oh, wash your face with oil and get more oil on your face which equals more pimples, but if you read about the first page of this thread youll see its very good for oily/pimple prone skin.

23-08-2007
tfs star

I've given up on OCM-ing!!!!

Maybe there will come a time when I'll take a fancy to it again. Now, I've started using Bio-Oil! ........................phat-tastic, honestly.

fashion elite

whats bio oil??

23-08-2007
tfs star

http://www.bio-oil.info/en/home

It's this oil that's used to treat scars, stretch-marks, uneven skin-tone etc. etc.

<3

fashion elite

ahh thanks.
ya OCM is loosing charm on me too... it doesnt make my skin so soft anymore... *tear tear*
last night i didnt do it at all and when i woke up my skin was nice and soft... im going to try doing it once a week and see what happens.

29-09-2007
Deep Red Bells

I really liked the OCM....
but am a bit too low maintenece to keep it up....

I just bought Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil.....
it's not a cleanser....
just an oil you put on after washing and toning to help with oily/blemished skin to help balance natural oils.
It's helping with my dryness too.
I really like it so far!

29-09-2007
trendsetter

You know, I tried this about a month or two ago, using the olive oil and after a couple of days I broke out horribly. I mean, like I never have before. It was really bad. I don't know if that was normal, or if I already have enough oil in my skin, but god it scared the crap outta me!

29-09-2007
fashion elite

i havent done OCM in like two months and my skin's actually softer..

30-09-2007
windowshopping

My experience so far with the OCM
My skin: African-American, very very oily, but not prone to breakouts. I had acne in my early teens, but it cleared up on it's own. Now I'm just left with some hyperpigmentation.

Oil: My mom had purchased some "ethnic" hair products from anitagrant.com, and they came with sample bottles of Anita Grant's 100% pure fruit oils.

I decided to go with the Organic Papaya Oil (about $12) after reading the label:

Quote:
Loads of Omega 6 & 9 essential fatty acids, and Vitamins A & C, Papaya contains the enzyme papin a natural exfoliant that dissolves dead skin cells. Papaya helps in deep cleansing and quickly breaks down dead skin cells. The Papaya oil is popular in treating many skin problems like pimples, wrinkles, psoriasis, and eczema.
Results: So far, I'm amazed. I manage to make it through an entire day without getting oily now! And my skin is super soft. My mom, who also has oily skin, is sharing similar results. Right after cleansing, my skin feels kind of tight, but it loosens up a bit. I also have a problem with the towel not staying hot for more than a minute, so next I'm going to use a steaming pot instead of hot water from the tap. I OCM in the morning, I don't have to worry about redness... I also skip the moisturizer part...

Conclusion: I was skeptical of using oil to cleanse, but the results have been great after my first few tries! I have a feeling the vitamins in the Papaya Oil make a big difference, but I also have MAC's Cleanse Off Oil (about $15 in store, great makeup remover), and more from Anita Grant (Organic Marula, Organic Watermelon, and Organic Sapote) that I might give a try. I'll probably cut down to once a week so that my skin doesn't get "immune" to the effects.

So glad I found this thread! Thank you!

barack the vote

how often do you guys do this? i tried it last night with grapeseed oil but i don't know what to do now

10-10-2007
tfs star

I tried this few hours ago, and it's fantastic! My skin is so soft and smooth, I will stick to this. I used ricinus oil from pharmacy.

10-10-2007
V.I.P.

i tried it last night, and it made no difference whatsoever on my skin... but i couldn't really complain about my skin to start with

11-10-2007
tfs star

I like this method a lot---and in addition to using it on my face I've been putting the extra oil on the back of my upper arms (which have always been unnattractively dry and bumpy) and I believe it's improving. I'm using extra virgin olive oil which is great because I love the stuff anyway!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleansing, method, ocm, oil