How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-07-2007
windowshopping

I use retin-a every night on my T-zone...could I still try oil cleansing in conjunction with this? Or would the oil block the retin-a from getting in

13-07-2007
tfs star

Oh...by the by....can we do this twice a day or what?

& b

ok, i haven't kept up with the topic but I have kept up with the method, and im very very pleased with the current results.

I am only doing this once a day, at night because I can sleep it off and on the day time I'll just wash with cetaphil, because its very very hot outside.

I hardly wear any makeup while I wake up, my skin feels and looks "healthy" as it is, my pores around my nose have gotten smaller and less noticeable, the same with my tiny breakouts around my forehead cause of my hair.

I've actually used a bit of whatever's left from the oil on my hair, and my hair is very very soft and nice looking as well

I am extremely pleased with this method, and for me having oily skin, I dont have a problem using olive oil and leaving any oil residue, cause its all beneficial and whatnot.

tfs star

I've been doing it for about 5 days now...results were good at first but I just got a breakout. Guess it could be hormones or whatevz since I'm not and adult yet.

What oils do you use Alejandro?

& b

oh i've been using olive oil from the kitchen downstairs

but i want to venture into getting nicer ones

front row

I do this once a day. At night. I really like it so far because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

I read somewhere that it's normal to get little breakouts after using OCM because all of the impurities are being brought to the surface. As long as they aren't painful cystic breakouts. Sometimes I get little white dots or whiteheads, but they are often very small and go away in a couple of days.

14-07-2007
Press escape to continue.

I use organic coconut oil on my skin daily, and in my hair once a week. The benefits are greatly enhanced in the sauna! Like Alexandro, I use Cetaphil cleanser to strip the oil off my skin in the morning. It's so simple and thorough.

fashion elite

i asked my mum to buy me cetaphil once and she thought i meant "seatafull" and she came back all flustered because she couldnt find any

15-07-2007
trendsetter

I have stopped using soap and have only used cold cream for the last few weeks and it is AMAZING how much better my face looks

fashion elite

^^ did you use soap with OCM?
(500th post =])

16-07-2007
trendsetter

I know it is not a fancy oil at all, but cold cream (almost 100% mineral oil) has really worked for me. I actually washed my face with soap for the first time in months just to see what would happen the other night and my face was so red and oily and flaky all at the same time the next day. It is back to normal now, three days later.

trendsetter

However do you cleanse your face with cold cream? Does it not leave a film that clogs?

16-07-2007
fashion elite

^^ ive always wonder that too,.

16-07-2007
Press escape to continue.

I think that most cold cream wipes off easily with cotton balls. Then a non-alcohol based toner (if you use one) takes off the residue.

Cold cream is also a good night cream, some say. It's not quite cold cream, but I use Eucerin cream (not the lotion) once a week like this: I slather the cream on my face lightly, then really heavily on my hands and feet and cover up with white socks and cotton gloves. Go to sleep. Wake up with baby hands and feet and face!

It also makes it much easier to keep the callouses on my feet in check - really moisturized skin is easier to take off.

trendsetter

well, guys, all you do is slather the cold cream all over, wipe it off, and then rinse throughly with warm water and it takes ALL your makeup off and leaves your skin feeling oh-so-soft.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cleansing, method, ocm, oil