How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Feb 7th, 2004 - 8:01 pm
So, it's February. How are those New Year's plans coming???
Whops.

Well, no reason not to restart with a February 7th resolution....

07-02-2004
V.I.P.

I agree! And mine is to stop eating at the computer. Again. I've been backsliding... Not in a huge way but I want to nip this in the bud!

Meg
inspired contemplation

I haven't been eating very well...or exercizing but I did go to kickboxing the other night and I know it was good for me. I'm really concerned about school right now so my focus is just to get back on track with school and then worry about the other stuff.

07-02-2004
trendsetter

I haven't really been keeping up with my resolution. But I decided to eat what I WANT for lunch and diner, so I don't feel the need to snack in between and don't consume as much in the long run. I went to track practise yesterday and noticed how out of shape I am because of being lazy for the past 3 weeks, so now I'm definetly going to make myself run 5 times a week, even if practise is optional or cancelled.
Congrats on no snacking, beiby.

09-02-2004
tgp
fashion elite

Went to a resort this weekend with great food so I was bad. Back to healthy tomorrow-water, salad, yoga, water, salad, yoga, water, salad, yoga..................................

09-02-2004
V.I.P.

Great food is not bad. Just watch portion size and maybe bump up exercise. I'm under a huge amount of stress at the moment (and hence distracting myself by haunting TFS ) and so this is the hardest time for me when it comes to eating. I eat when I get stressed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I found a very convenient little store near work that sells fresh salads and fruit for very reasonable prices! So when I do buy myself lunch I won't go for the fast food option - but the cheaper, healthier one!

trendsetter

Wow guys, I recall reading the Belowen and Tealady (and others but I cant remembeer... ) talking about starting this post.

Sad to say that I've avided looking at it till now... you know what you dont see cant hurt/motivate you.

And I'm IMPRESSED!

As a very good friend always reminds me it's the journey not the destination.

So here goes, I'm starting by copying Tealadies resolution of not eating at the computer ( ) and introducing yoga and salads again.

Springs coming.

Thank you all for the inspiration!!!

10-02-2004
V.I.P.

Wonderful, alliecat! Now when I'm tempted, I'll remember that you're not eating at your computer so I don't have to eat at mine. I can find an alternative. Belowen, that's great news about finding a place with inexpensive health food. What a find!

front row

Okey, thought I'd write how it is going.. It is going great actually! I've started working out at my gym again. I take it a bit easy because of the knee injury I wrote about before. I haven't eaten anything really unhealthy. I'm reading a GREAT book right now about food and it's inpact on your health - it is nothing I usually read.

I'll try to explain the theory behind it, it is writen by some sort of female professor - Susanna Ehdin. She believes that we can heal our bodies with the right food and also slow down our agening process. The food we eat today is not designed for our bodies, we are not used to eating so much fat and suger. We are therefore getting more cases of diabetes, cancer, and heartproblem. Not to mention the obesity epedemic. For thousands of years we've lived on more fruit, vegetables, nuts and beans. When we make drastic food changes our body is not ready for it.

We need to eat more "slow food" - food that make us feel full for a long time. We also need to exclude some of the suger that is hidden in yoghurt, cereals, soda. She have also some interesting facts about our fear of fat and what fat we should really be afraid of.

Some of the things she suggest is to "new-age" for me but others have been really big eye-openers - and I am a big cynic and don't change my way easily. But I have changed now. I eat more of so called slow food - i've changed my fat-habits.

Do I feel a difference? YES!!!!!!!!!! I do! I feel "lighter" and I don't get hungry as easily as before. I haven't lost much weight (like 0,8 kilo in one week). I also feel a lot healthier - so I'll stick to this and see how it goes.

here is a site about the book: http://www.ehdin.com/SusannaEhdin.html

(honestly.. I never thought I'd write anything like this.. but this book was a WOW-experience for me. )

12-02-2004
trendsetter

I decided to start dieting again on saturday. I actually lost some weight in the beginning of January but then gained it all back again after I started eating bad again. Our marching band is going to disney in a month and I really need to shed a few pounds to feel decent in shorts and swimsuits. Good luck to everyone with their goals!!

16-02-2004
backstage pass

Hey everyone. I posted a seperate thread about this but I'd like to help everyone here with their goals and steer them on the right track. As I said in my other post, a lot of the diets (atkins, slim fast..etc) and such were not working for me, so I decided to do a lot of research and make my own plan, which helped me lose 75lbs of fat, drop from a size 40 to a size 32 and go from 22% body fat to 9% in a little less than 5 months.

I am very pasionate about being healthy now, and I am always eager to help others get on track and reach their goals. I'm currently eating raw foods and a vegan, but if you are not that's ok, I can still help. If anyone would like some help building a plan and/or has any questions about nutrition, tips, excersizing, feel free to ask! You can post here, email me at sosekisan@earthlink.net or IM me on AIM at lovemyhummus

Good luck with everything everyone!

16-02-2004
V.I.P.

Hi mouko! I think my biggest problem is being consistent. I'm great for a few days or a few weeks, and then I slip back into old habits. Especially when I'm under stress. Any suggestions?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:08 pm
Hi mouko! I think my biggest problem is being consistent. I'm great for a few days or a few weeks, and then I slip back into old habits. Especially when I'm under stressed. Any suggestions?
There are several things you can do to make your eviromental fail proof.

First you shouldn't have a negative attitude if you DO slip. The biggest mistake people make if they slip or are understress is this.

They have a craving or have nothing else to eat except something that's generally not good. They eat it (say, a slice of pizza) and tell themselves "I've had one and I'm off track, I might as well have another"

I'm telling you its ok to screw up or get off track once in a while. We all need it. It'll kill that craving. But don't make it a habit.

Keeping it positive will keep you on track. Instead of beating yourself up for slipping, remember that its ok because its not a big deal and just go back on track.

Preparing things in advance and packing them is also a good way of keeping yourself on track when things get hetic. Prepacked foods such as salads are a good way to stay on track as well as meal replacement bars. When looking for energy bars/meal replacement bars, look for those with a moderate calorie count (150-250 calories), a good amount of protein, fiber and vitamins. I personally pack some Cliff bars in my bag. But remember that nothing is better than a real meal, so don't eat bars all the time.

Could you give me more info on what kind of things you're doing (diet, excersize..etc)..It'll help me more in making it easier for you to stay on track.

17-02-2004
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally posted by mouko@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:01 pm
on AIM at lovemyhummus
I love hummus, too.

Well, I remember I posted in this thread in the very beginning (I was home on winter break and my mom dragged me to the gym a couple of times), but I've been absent since then. Shame on me!

On the bright side, though, I have an appointment this Thursday evening to get my "Fit Check" so I can use the cardio equipment at the campus gym (it's funny, anybody can walk in and use the weight machines, but in order to use the treadmills and stuff they have to check your heart rate and pinch your fat and stuff ). I have some workout buddies, one experienced for when I need a "personal trainer" and one inexperienced for when I want a more low-key workout.

So yes, come Thursday I'll be ready to jump right back into this thread.

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
group, online, support