How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2012
tfs star

I'm back on MAC. This time Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15. It's perfect.

23-11-2012
.my prison is your brain.

I'm obsessed with Chantecaille Future Skin in Ivory. I had the Porcelain shade originally because Ivory seemed so dark in the pot, but Ivory gives a bit more "life" to my pale/cool skin and is barely darker than Porcelain. I love this foundation, sheer but build-able, doesn't oxidize, a healthy slightly dewy finish, no fragrance. So amazing.

I was using Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid makeup in 1CN1 prior to this, and had a good experience with it. I would compare it to Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, only better [no fragrance, a nicer finish]. Would recommend it as well.

I was interested in trying YSL Teint Eclat, but the fragrance put me off. It also seems really similar to the Estee Lauder Invisible.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 23-11-2012 at 07:51 AM.
23-11-2012
V.I.P.

Anybody know who stocks dainty doll in Ireland? Also anybody with any experience with the product what is your opinion?

Meg
inspired contemplation

Do you guys have any product recs for things to even out skintone? I find as someone who is quite pale (and a bit transluscent) any type of imperfection shows and I would love to look like I have a more even skintone without wearing heavy foundation. It's mostly just general slight redness around the nose, etc. not major spot coverage.

24-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Do you guys have any product recs for things to even out skintone? I find as someone who is quite pale (and a bit transluscent) any type of imperfection shows and I would love to look like I have a more even skintone without wearing heavy foundation. It's mostly just general slight redness around the nose, etc. not major spot coverage.
i hate to recommend anything without trying it, but have you tried to the laura mercier tinted moisturizer? people rave about it.

sometime if i dont feel like wearing foundation, i just wear MAC mineralize skin finish powder instead

V.I.P.

^I would suggest a tinted moisturizer too, but not Laura Mercier's. I think it is a tinted moisturizer in name only, as it has heavier coverage than a lot of actual foundations. For example the Chanel Aqua, the Dior Nude and the Estee Lauder fluid are all lighter in coverage than the LMTM

24-11-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't mind using foundation - it's just that I have quite dry skin and don't want to have to put loads of foundation on to get flawless looking skin. I was just wondering if there was a skincare product that might be good at color correction....

I currently use Chanel Aqua Lumiere and Makeup Forever HD foundation in rotation.

24-11-2012
Making a Mess

Meg how about the Origins vitazing moisturizer? It has a bit of a tint to it which should help even out skin tone.

It has good reviews on makeupalley: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=136642/VitaZing-SPF-15-Energy-boosting-moisturizer

fashion insider

I have a question that I hope someone could help me with:
What level of SPF should I wear in the different seasons if I have very fair skin and live in northern Europe? In the summer if the sun is shining I want to wear a lotion or cream with very high SPF like 30 or 50. But I'm not sure what to wear in the fall, winter and spring. I want to protect my skin but at the same time I don't want to wear a too hight SPF because than the skin need some sun to get D-Vitamin.

25-08-2013
V.I.P.

spf 30 is the minimum.

next year cosmetics brands in the US will no longer be allowed to call anything spf15 sunscreen, by the way.

if you have windows in your apartment or are outside for 15 minutes a day then you already get plenty of vitamin D

how do you know you arent getting it from the foods you eat?

rising star

I wear so much sunscreen that I live in Australia and had a blood test say I was Vitamin D deficient...

My GP told me with my pale skin it was not worth the risk for 15min sun and to just take the supplements

26-08-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Blonde View Post
I have a question that I hope someone could help me with:
What level of SPF should I wear in the different seasons if I have very fair skin and live in northern Europe? In the summer if the sun is shining I want to wear a lotion or cream with very high SPF like 30 or 50. But I'm not sure what to wear in the fall, winter and spring. I want to protect my skin but at the same time I don't want to wear a too hight SPF because than the skin need some sun to get D-Vitamin.
I live in nothern Europe too and I try to get my vitamin D from fish and supplements. IMO it's not worth the risk tanning. However - an expert in my country said to go out without any SPF on the arms. Not to tan but just being outside during summer, that should give you enough vitamin d.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
I wear so much sunscreen that I live in Australia and had a blood test say I was Vitamin D deficient...

My GP told me with my pale skin it was not worth the risk for 15min sun and to just take the supplements
I have the same diagnosis based on a blood test and take prescription strength Vitamin D as a result. I wear SPF30 I believe, but I don't have it on when I water my garden first thing in the morning for about 15 minutes or so. And I put it on my face, neck, and hands, unless I'm planning to be outside for awhile. I'm definitely still getting some sun, but I am wearing clothes, which isn't optimal from a Vitamin D perspective (But it is in terms of what I want to share with the neighborhood )

I think it's very worthwhile to be tested ... Vitamin D is really important to your health.

My problem with the high SPFs is they tend to feel like a plastic mask. I need something that feels comfortable on my skin.

02-09-2013
V.I.P.

I currently use Shiseido Expert Sun Aging Protection Cream For Face SPF 50 and I'm quite satisfied with it. It leaves a white residue but I'm so pale that when I put my foundation on it's invisible. So it can be used under foundation and it don't feel greasy or clog my pores.

I renently bought a big amount of various pale foundations so I thought I'll share my opinion:

-> Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation S in 00 "Alabaster" - this is a seriously pale shade and almost PERFECT shade match for me, but unfortunately the coverage is very light. I normally search for a medium buildable/full coverage foundations. But if you don't need a medium/full coverage it's great because it melts into the skin and looks natural.

-> Face Atelier Ultra Foundation Zero Minus - if you own foundations which are too dark it's a briliant solution because it lightens the shade of a foundation without changing its coverage/finish. And it lasts forever, too!

-> Max Factor CC Cream in 40 "Fair" - it's a really nice CC cream with neutral undertones, I use it when I want my skin to rest for a while, the coverage is rather medium.

-> Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo Skin in 110 "Ivory" - I know many people love it but honestly it's one of the worst foundation I've ever had. It feels so greasy, doesn't look natural on skin at all and I always have to apply a lot of extra concealer/powder so I feel like I'm wearing a mask.

-> Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation in 08 - I bought it because of a light shade. And I've never regret buying something so much. It's just horrible! Cakey is the best word to describe it. No words. Don't buy it!!!

But I finally found my Holy Grail foundation and I'm so happy about it!
-> Clarins Everlasting Foundation in Ivory - I can't even describe how I love it. It has everything I was looking for: light shade, full coverage, it looks natural on skin, and the best part is that I don't have to use a concealer (it covers everything) or powder (it's mattifying)! I usually apply a highlighter (TooFaced Candlelight Glow or theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer) and blush (MAC Mineralize Blush in "Dainty") on my face so it doesn't look like a mask at all. The only cons are that it could have more yellow undertones, and sometimes it oxidizes througout the day.

I also have a small tip about bronzer- usually bronzers looked tacky on my pale skin but I solved this problem- I bought MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Pressed Powder in Medium Dark and I use it as a bronzer.

02-09-2013
trendsetter

I had a Clarins Everlasting Foundation a few times and it really is great, if you are looking for a mattifying one. Unfortunately I am not fond of that look and it does dry my skin, so I stopped using it. Maybe it's more appropriate for higher temperatures, but for winter is a no go for me. For this exact reason I went for Skin Illusion (also Clarins) which supposed to be satin finish, but this one is worse, it kind of lays on your skin and wears off in no time. It is also very sheer and consequently the coverage is light.
But after I tried a mineral foundation (Lily Lolo) I must say Everlasting is not that everlasting at all , but it does stay on for about 6 h. Though I noticed some oxidation too.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 02-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, fair, fave, pale, products, skin