How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2013
tfs star

I can't express enough how much I love Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation, but from time to time I also like to try something else. I always get excited when a new foundation hits the beauty market or when all the beauty bloggers are raving about certain foundation.

I really liked the YSL Touche Éclat Foundation, but I got this foundation as a gift and unfortunately it was too dark for me. I'm really tempted to buy it again in my shade.

I also didn't like the Skin Illusion form Clarins.

At the moment I'm switching between Lily Lolo and Revlon Nearly Naked. I was sent this by Revlon and it surprised me, in a good way. Although I have to wait for a few minutes to look the way it should. I still haven't figured out what's the issue here, but it doesn't look really pretty straight after the application (I use the Expert Face brush from Real Technique).

I'm on a hunt for a new everyday fall/winter blush. I want something subtle that works on neutral toned skin (leaning towards yellow). I was thinking about trying Illamasqua.

06-11-2013
fashion insider

I tried L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in the shade C1 Rose Ivory. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it matched my skin perfect and covered my redness on my cheeks. I am so gonna buy it! They have one that is just as light for those with yellow undertones. It's called W1 Golden Ivory.

07-11-2013
front row

A shout out for #1 Giorgio Armani Face Fabric
I LOVE IT SO MUCH! The only shade which is even close to how fair my skin is.
Easy application and very easy to blend in to your natural skin tone.

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Blonde View Post
I tried L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in the shade C1 Rose Ivory. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it matched my skin perfect and covered my redness on my cheeks. I am so gonna buy it! They have one that is just as light for those with yellow undertones. It's called W1 Golden Ivory.
How can i tell do i have yellow or red undertones? From veins? I've been thinking on getting that rose ivory as well. I took the test on their website and that was the suggestion. I am not sure do i believe it. I have to check it out though.

10-11-2013
V.I.P.

^Just try both and then you'll know if you have pink or yellow undertones.

11-11-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gábor View Post
^Just try both and then you'll know if you have pink or yellow undertones.
thanks

07-03-2014
fashion insider

Lately I have tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in the shade Porcelain on top of it and the shade Ivory I think on the other eye. It did nothing for me. Didn't cover my blue undereye circles. I have also tried Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in # 1 but it just went orange under my eyes.

I really hoped that they would be great but they just wasn't. I'm starting to wonder does my dream concealer actually exist. I'm going a way on trip to Stockholm in may for a Concert and I would love to wear some makeup then. But the makeup can't look "perfect" without a good concealer.

07-03-2014
fashion icon

^Have you looked at YSL's Touche Eclat? Perhaps instead of covering up, deflecting your undereye circles might work better, it'll brighten everything up. I don't currently have the pen but have used it in the past a few times and I really liked it- I'm planning on buying one soon- because it brightened my face instead. I'm very fair skinned and I've found that the Too Faced Absolutely Flawless concealer (in vanilla/light) also works rather well. I only have to use a little bit and I cover everything up.

.my prison is your brain.

Clé de Peau is my holy grail concealer for undereye circles. It's pricy, but lasts forever, so it's totally worth it in my book. I've ended up skipping foundation on most days and just using this where I need it, it's that good.

I had the same issue with Bobbi Brown concealer, the colors were weird and the two step layering was a hassle.

08-03-2014
fashion insider

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'm absolutely gonna look in to them.

10-03-2014
tfs star

I absolutely love Bobbi Brown Corrector. My shade is Porcelain Bisque and this is the only corrector that completely covers up my dark circles. I just hit the pan after using it for 5 months almost every day. Unfortunately Bobbi Brown is not available in my country yet, so I don't know what I'm going to buy next.
I thought Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm would be perfect for colder months, but I didn't get much use of it this winter. My skin wasn't any drier than usual and I found this foundation a little too rich even for my skin.

I also bought the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and I've been really happy with it. I thought it might be a bit dark for me but it matches my skin very well. I think it's a wonderful product for the price.

21-05-2014
fashion insider

I just rediscovered Wet n Wild Cover AllConcealer Palette again. I adore it. It is fantastic for covering my blue circles. It is the best concealer I have ever tried. I hope Wet n Wild never stops making it.

27-08-2014
front row

Accepting Pale Skin
So, I'm French-Canadian with naturally olive toned skin. I tan VERY easily in the sun, but do not allow myself to tan because of the harmful effects of sun exposure. I have dark hair and eyes, and yellow skin tones, but I'm very pale. Have any of you decided to stay pale, even though you'd tan naturally in the sun? What kind of tricks do you use to illuminate your complexion? I'm not a big makeup person, but I feel like I need a little blush and mascara so I don't look dead. Does anyone use self tanner for more of a glow? I need some support! haha. It's hard to not give into to the healthy tanned look our society seems to love.

I know there's already a thread for makeup tips for pale people, but I'm under the impression it's for those who are naturally pale and burn in the sun.

Last edited by Liya; 27-08-2014 at 09:06 AM.
27-08-2014
tfs star

I'm like you, pale with dark hair and eyes and I like staying pale even though I tan well; it just suits my features better. (If I tan I try to tan just my arms and legs.)

Just wear your mascara, find your perfect shade of red lipstick and you'll be set!

Since you say you're not a big makeup person, if red lipstick is not for you, try a rich berry stain like Benetint on your lips and cheeks; I bet you'll look lovely .

27-08-2014
tfs star

btw I'm not sure that the tanned look is as strong as before, seems to me people like Katy Perry and Dita von Teese are style leaders right now so you're in good company

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, accepting, fair, fave, pale, products, skin