How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk-frost View Post
According to beautyspace.dk they're coming in the end of the year
I had no idea

16-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritze View Post
I had no idea
I didn't either. It's such good news - finally an alternative to Matas

front row

Ida, can I ask why you got Light Bisque in the BB corrector and not Porcelain Bisque? A BB SA sold me Porcelain last week and I think it's too light...every review I've read from a person with my coloring (NW 15/20) has Light Bisque...but then who would Porcelain be for? I'm so confused haha. I think I need to exchange it.

In Bloom

I told the SA that I don't like the under-eye area lighter than the rest of the face (even though it's the philosophy of Bobbi Brown herself), and the SA agreed. So we tried a bunch of different concealer-corrector combinations before we found the perfect combination. I think it was Light Bisque and Sand or Cool Sand. Light Bisque fits me through all the seasons, it's perfect for me (I always use concealer on top so the shade of the corrector isn't that important, just need something pink to cancel out the blue)

we were in love

22-07-2011
fashion elite

^unless you have bags I always think its best to match the undereye concealer to the rest of you face. Having light circles under your eyes is just as bad as having dark ones imo.

22-07-2011
front row

I totally agree. I have to use concealer on top anyways, so I think I'll exchange mine when I get home. Thanks for your help, everyone!
I have also rediscovered my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer... it's so great for summer, the coverage is flawless
And I'm also loving my LRP spf 15/ppd 15 moisturizer. I'm in Europe right now and my eyes are popping out in happiness at all the great ss formulas. I forget every time I return here how many products in Europe are suited for us palefaces...way more than in LA!

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
^unless you have bags I always think its best to match the undereye concealer to the rest of you face. Having light circles under your eyes is just as bad as having dark ones imo.
I know! The reverse Panda face does no one good.

Sometimes (most days actually) I have some puffiness and I dab a really tiny amount of a NW15 concealer just underneath the puffy part (it's easier to see if you tilt your head down a notch), but there's no way that I apply it to the entire under-eye area, that would just highlight the puffiness.

My man Goss did a vid on it:

I love a dude in makeup He hates wearing makeup, so funny, but he's quite good at it

we were in love

22-07-2011
V.I.P.

I am glad i found this thread! I am super duper white so i hope i find some help here

22-07-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

My man Goss did a vid on it:
I love Goss!

08-11-2011
tfs star

How do you like Clarins foundation? It seems they have very light shades! I just ordered Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation in 104:

L-R 103 Ivory, 104 Cream, 105 Nude, 107 Beige, 108 Sand
raspberry-rouge.blogspot.com

08-11-2011
fashion elite

tbh I havent looked at their counter for many years. The first shade looks quite promising.

Autumn favourites:
Mister Light in Mister Milk £22
P129610_hero.jpg
Great for hiding darkness under the eyes. Light texture, dewy finish.

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush £6.50
10121413.jpg

Have always avoided peachy tones because I thought a) theyre boring and b) its the default option for redheads c)Ive never found one I liked
But I chanced upon this new product from Maybelline and was really won over. Ive had this first in peach but somehow lost it and rebought it in Apricot (I mistook it for the Peach) both add a hint of natural looking colour. Easy to blend formula but short staying power.

17 Wild Metallic Cream Eyeshadow £3.99
images.jpg

I really wanted to play around with metallic shadows and this is a great budget friendly one to start with. Perfect to wear during the day.

Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer £3.99
10115268.jpg
I tend to stick to brown and grey eyeliners but decided to try this in plum. This is by far one of the best eyeliners I have used. It glides on smoothly, is really pigmented and lasts for 8-12 hours.

sephora.com, sundaygirlblog.com, boots.com

08-11-2011
backstage pass

BR12 in Chanel Perfection Lumiére is the perfect winter colour for me! I´m so happy. Just enough neutral, B10 was way too yellow, even though B20 in Vitalumiére Aqua is my summer colour (BR20 is too dark and pink). Combined with Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base and Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in Clair it makes my face even and natural looking.

And I still love NARS blush in Douceur. I believe it is my all time fave blush, along with Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush in Coral Riviera, but that´s more of a bronzer.

rising star

^°Isa, I used to wear Clarins and I thought the quality was good. It didn't oxidize on me, and I never had a problem with breakouts.

13-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

I hadn't jumped on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but I decided to try Lancome's mineral makeup a few weeks ago and it's so gorgeous and illuminating on fair skin! I'm Kirsten Dunst pale, blond hair/blue eyes, but the color also looks beautiful on Asian skin as seen on this girl's blog I randomly came across when googling the product:
http://bangbangsheshoots.blogspot.co...dation-vs.html

So if you have relatively clear skin and want a natural coverage, I highly recommend!

14-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM1985 View Post
^°Isa, I used to wear Clarins and I thought the quality was good. It didn't oxidize on me, and I never had a problem with breakouts.
Thank you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, fair, fave, pale, products, skin