How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2011
V.I.P.

Mineral make up suits all! and covers even the most blemished skin. I highly recommend it too!

19-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Roxane Mesquida's Into The Gloss is worth examining:
http://intothegloss.com/2011/11/roxa...quida-actress/

She touts Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation and Yves Saint Laurent's Anti-Cernes concealer.

19-11-2011
V.I.P.

Paul & Joe's Moisturizing Foundation Primer in Creme is my new favorite. It's so smooth and moisturizing and does a great job at minimizing pores. Smells like heaven, too.

I'm not using any foundation with it, just a bit of mineral powder.

beautyhabit

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My friend bought the By Terry Ultra-Correctng Liquid Foundation in Fair Ivory and it was too light for her so she gave it to me. It's AMAZING. Will work great on cool toned fair skinned peeps like myself.

rising star

I have just bought Nars Mata Hari blusher because I fancied a change, I'm a bit worried it's going to look clownish or stupid. Has anyone used it please?

10-01-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ I think it would looked beautiful if used on the apples of the cheek, because you are even worried about it makes me confident you will not overuse it.

Belowen are you still enjoying the By Terry? I really want to try that one.

10-01-2012
Power to the 99%

My Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory is on its way It's the best ... I've been using something else that wasn't nearly as good and for whatever reason I felt obligated to use it up It should be here tomorrow ...

11-01-2012
backstage pass

I'm very fair and love Jane Iredale. After I conceal I usually apply 2 layers of Liquid Minerals with a foundation brush:
http://janeiredale.com/bases_lm.html
Then I buff on the Pure Pressed mineral foundation with a Bobbi Brown kabuki:
http://janeiredale.com/bases_pp.html

Nars Orgasm has always been a staple. I use it almost daily for a healthy flush.

13-01-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
I have just bought Nars Mata Hari blusher because I fancied a change, I'm a bit worried it's going to look clownish or stupid. Has anyone used it please?
I know I'm a bit late but I own this blush and absolutely love it.

I have very fair skin (for reference EL's double wear light in 01 is the perfect match to my skin) and light eyes and dark hair and this blusher is my go-to. I wear it just on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me a nice flush of colour with no shimmer (I absolutely hate shimmery blushes).

I only swipe my brush in the pan once and that is more than enough for both cheeks; so while it is a gorgeous colour you do have to be careful in applying it or you may end up looking a tad clownish. Overall though I say go for it - I can assure you you won't be disappointed .

fashion icon

^I've always wanted to wear blush but I never have because I'm quite fair skinned. And because I naturally have pink cheeks. Like insanely pink cheeks, and not in a "ooohh I look like I was outside enjoying nature way" but more like all over pink. Plus on top of that I'm quite a blusher, anytime I get flustered I turn red. So does anyone know of a way calm the pink down while maintaing my fair skin? Is that even possible?

Making a Mess

^ Maybe try a green based primer - that would help to counteract the redness. And apply a tinted moisturizer or a light foundation overtop. You should check out Make Up For Ever's line of HD primers - they have them in a range of colours that help with specific skin issues.

But I have to say I am a bit jealous. I have absolutely no colour in my cheeks and that's why blush is a staple for me - without it I look like a corpse .

rising star

I have issues with ruddiness for my fair skin. I actually have foundation custom mixed, due to having a hard to match skin tone, and they put a ton of dark green into the base. You could probable get the same effect at home by adding a few drops of green concealer into your tinted moisturizer or foundation.

15-01-2012
fashion icon

^Humm... I've never thought of adding green concealer to my tinted moisturizer before. I'll admit the idea of it being green frightens me... but I have herd it can work wonders. Thanks so much

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^I've always wanted to wear blush but I never have because I'm quite fair skinned. And because I naturally have pink cheeks. Like insanely pink cheeks, and not in a "ooohh I look like I was outside enjoying nature way" but more like all over pink. Plus on top of that I'm quite a blusher, anytime I get flustered I turn red. So does anyone know of a way calm the pink down while maintaing my fair skin? Is that even possible?
I avoid blushes with any sort of true red in them... I find those emphasize the natural reddish splotches I have on my skin. I also avoid very pink blushes. I currently love beigey-pink blushes, like NARS Penny Lane or Tarte Exposed or in the summer I like MAC Lilicent (which is DC, unfortunately). A great way to get a pretty flush without emphasizing redness.

16-01-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
try an anti redness moisturizer or serum underneath your makeup.

IF youre going to use a green primer use it sparingly and only on the parts of your face that need it as it can make you look very odd.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, accepting, fair, fave, pale, products, skin