How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2012
.my prison is your brain.

I think I have found my holy grail foundation, Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10. Chane's colors have never been light enough for me, but this one is perfect. Glides on my skin, lasts all day, very happy with it. Although, the smell is a little much... but it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin.

18-01-2012
Making a Mess

^ Oh I've heard wonderful things about Chanel's vitalumiere aqua foundation. Glad you found a colour match.

Another product I love for pale skin is the Lancome effacernes concealer in porcelain .

fashion icon

Thank you Laisla and Thisismyname for your advice, it is very much appreciated! I'm going to take both of them into account. Hoping to go to Sephora sometime soon and find some good products to reduce redness/and a nice blush. Any good brands you would recommend?

front row

MAC concealer, it works really well on my skin.

23-01-2012
fashion elite

New rec:

Maybelline Fit Me in 110 (Porcelain)
light-medium coverage, semi matte finish, light weight feel on skin. SPF 18.
$8 (!)

The range also has a matching/corresponding concealer, pressed powder, bronzer and blush.

website blurb:
Quote:
No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural
Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested
one on the left (obviously!)

images makeupandbeautyblog.com and maybelline.com

29-01-2012
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ i'll second this. i used to use this, pretty fair and neutral i think

31-01-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I think I have found my holy grail foundation, Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10. Chane's colors have never been light enough for me, but this one is perfect. Glides on my skin, lasts all day, very happy with it. Although, the smell is a little much... but it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin.
Absolutely agree! This is one of the best foundation that I've used ever. And this shade is great - there is no yellow, no pink, just pure beige ... But now I found new perfect combination for winter - Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation in 10 Beige & a little compact powder Chanel Mat Lumiere in 40 Sable on the T-zone Plus a variety of blushes - must have for my skin

15-02-2012
front row

Lately I've been loving Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in Porcelain (I was pretty late to jump on the bandwagon with this one...) and MAC's Blushbaby blusher, which looks so lovely and natural on fair skin!

18-02-2012
rising star

Thank you for all the Mata Hari help I bought it and now it is absolutely one of my favourites, I just make sure I put in on lightly. It's a very beautiful flattering colour, it's been quite snowy here at times and I've had some nice comments about having a natural rosy winter glow, I didn't want to admit it was just the Nars!

I love Orgasm blusher, but I never wear it because anything shimmery makes my pores look dreadful I wish they would do a matte version!

19-02-2012
Making a Mess

^ I'm glad you like it .

And I too wish that Nars would come out with a matte version of Orgasm. I own it but I only wear it in the summer - when I'm tanned and even then only at night. Shimmery blushes in sunlight always looks dreadful imo.

rising star

^I've heard a lot of people say the same, I was surprised when then came out with Super Orgasm because I thought most people wanted less glitter, not more!

It is a very beautiful shade though

21-02-2012
front row

I'm also quite pale, blonde, blue eyes...so this thread is a treasure to have stumbled upon.
I am also entering my late thirties, although I haven't noticed any changes in my skin as yet (fingers crossed!).
Here's what currently works for me:

*YSL touche eclat concealer (palest shade - I find that I only need a tiny amount of this, and after 2 yrs of constant use it still strikes me as a miracle).

*Dior garden edition eyeshadow palette (841)

*Clinique glossy mascara in brown (my lashes are mid blonde, so anything darker or thicker makes them look horrendous, this is the most subtle mascara I have found to date).

*Smashbox liquid liner in brown, for when I'm in the mood for the catflick. Really durable, easy to apply and correct mistakes.

*Topshop cream blush. Want to experiment here though. I would prefer to locate something which lasts a little longer than an hour.

*Chanel rouge allure extrait de gloss in 'fatale' for lips.

*Benefit Highbeam......this is still new to me, not sure what I think of it yet.

I don't wear foundation (never have) or bronzers, tints, etc. I would call my skin normal (as opposed to greasy or dry) but for some reason the only time I ever tried an 'anti-ageing' cream my forehead broke out like crazy. I'm just gonna have to rely on genetics and hope for the best, haha.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
thanks for sharing i've been wanting to try this foundation. how does it last on during the day- does it rub off? i've had problems with foundations rubbing off on my jacket and coat collars which is really frustrating. i've started using a new mac powder which is great but i'd prefer a better foundation.

22-02-2012
Making a Mess

^^ Lapin I swear by touche eclat! I use it in shade 2. I have tried shade 1 before - the most popular shade - but it didn't look quite right on my skin tone. I'm now kicking myself for not buying it at the duty free shop before I moved because it is so ridiculously expensive here in Australia .

windowshopping

For foundations and powders, my favorite brands are Becca, Laura Mercier, and Aromaleigh and Lumiere mineral brands. Many of the small mineral makeup brands have great colour selections, and white or "untinted" powders you can mix in if you've found your perfect tone, but need it lighter.

Other than that, I swear by brown, or at least black-brown, mascara and liner - which in my opinion is much more flattering on fair skin, and makes it glow more than standard black.

My skin is quite neutral-yellowy and very light, so I mosly use peaches and rosy tones on cheeks and lips. Beccas Beach Tints are extremely good for both, but NYX's powder and cream blushes are surprisingly good too, and very affordable (shipping costs aside for anyone outside the US...).
And you can never go wrong with a light (but never white!) coloured liner on the lower waterline. Matte or slightly shimmery beige is subtle, but makes a major difference.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, accepting, fair, fave, pale, products, skin