How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2012
rising star

What is the general consensus on mascara please? I've only ever worn black, but black eyeliner certainly doesnt suit me, though generally I feel like it looks okay when it's black mascara. I've always thought I wouldn't look 'defined' enough.

22-02-2012
V.I.P.

^I love dark violet mascara. Loreal has a lovely shade from their "Million Lashes" line and Benefit has a version of "Bad Gal" in plum. My favorite is the one from Jelly Pong Pong in "Maiden", though. I feel that brown mascara makes my eyes look tired at times because it enhances any red discoloration and black looks a bit harsh.

Last edited by diesanni; 22-02-2012 at 03:15 PM.
22-02-2012
rising star

Thank you, that's a really good idea actually. I love violet eyeliner, so that would make perfect sense. I always 'expect' to suit brown in eye makeup but sometimes I'm not sure that I do, I have blue eyes but violet shades always seems to look better.

26-02-2012
V.I.P.

^My eyes are blue as well and I think the mascara really brings out the color. I just found out that Korres has a "plum" shade as well. Their mascaras are very creamy and separate quite well, I like them a lot. I only wish there were a few lower-priced options. Just to try and see what it looks like.

V.I.P.

I just discovered Alima Pure foundation and I'm in

It's my first ever mineral foundation (I was always very very skeptical) but it leaves the most natural finish I've ever found in a foundation. Obviously it's a matte finish, but it really just looks like skin (without a shiny t-zone). Plus it's totally weightless and doesn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. They have several pale shades in various undertones, including the palest of the pale. I just bought two dozen samples so I can find my perfect color match!

I was previously using Hourglass' tinted moisturizer but their lightest shade is too dark for me.

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

^I envy you, I think I'll never find my ideal foundation...
I've been looking for a good foundation for my very fair skin for ages Even the lightest shades of 95% of brands are too dark for me (Chanel, Givenchy, Dior, but also the drugstore ones). I've been in Sephora today and a beauty assistant told me that they don't order lighter shades from some of the producents because they think they won't sell them. I'm so frustrated, there are so many various shades but none of them matches my skin! The only two products which shade suits my skin tone a bit- Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer no. 02, and Revlon ColorStay foundation for combination skin in Ivory. The concealer was great until it started to clog my pores, the foundation does not have the coverage I expect- it's too light. I'd love to find some good coverage foundation in very fair shade someday...

09-03-2012
tfs star

^^Have you tried Clarins? 103 seems very light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
How do you like Clarins foundation? It seems they have very light shades! I just ordered Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation in 104:

L-R 103 Ivory, 104 Cream, 105 Nude, 107 Beige, 108 Sand
raspberry-rouge.blogspot.com
It also comes in matte and it has good coverage.

10-03-2012
Making a Mess

^^ Or maybe try Estee Lauder Double Wear? I wear the EL Double Wear Light formulation in intensity 1.0 and its the perfect shade for me and I too have had trouble finding a shade light enough for me with other brands in the past.

V.I.P.

Thanks for advice °Isa, I didn't try Clarins, Ivory looks good for me. I'm going to test it when I'll be at Sephora next time. I heard many good things about Estee Lauder Double Wear, but their lightest shades (such as Linen or Bone) are unavailable here...
Does anone tried Guerlain's foundations in their lightest shade 01 Beige Pale? It's quite hard to reach, except from eBay.

10-03-2012
windowshopping

The lightest shade of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is too dark for me.

My perfect shade is Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation in "Porcelain".
They have an "Alabaster" that is even lighter, and I can truly say that it's the lightest foundation shade I have ever seen.

10-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
^I envy you, I think I'll never find my ideal foundation...
I've been looking for a good foundation for my very fair skin for ages Even the lightest shades of 95% of brands are too dark for me
You could always purchase MAC's professional face + body foundation in White and mix it with a foundation you already own. I know that's what Dita Von Teese does.

11-03-2012
backstage pass

Have you tried the Esteé Lauder Double Wear 'Light' at all?
I have VERY pale skin and their shade 'Intensity 01' (i think its called?!) works a treat for me!
Hope you find a match real soon! I know how frustrating it can be!
My other favorite products for fair skin are;
YSL Touche Eclat in 01
Benefit High Beam
& Benefit's Boing Concealer in 01

11-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
Thanks for advice °Isa, I didn't try Clarins, Ivory looks good for me. I'm going to test it when I'll be at Sephora next time. I heard many good things about Estee Lauder Double Wear, but their lightest shades (such as Linen or Bone) are unavailable here...
Does anone tried Guerlain's foundations in their lightest shade 01 Beige Pale? It's quite hard to reach, except from eBay.
Guerlain foundations tend to run kind of dark. I have only tried one of the formulations, but I think the brand tends to lack pale shades. I wouldn't buy any without testing it first, if I were you.

12-03-2012
V.I.P.

does the YSL Touche Eclat actually cover up dark circles? or is only good as a highlighter (like benefit high beam)?

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
does the YSL Touche Eclat actually cover up dark circles? or is only good as a highlighter (like benefit high beam)?
The coverage isn't bad. Not as good as say, Lancome concealer, but better than any highlighters I've seen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, accepting, fair, fave, pale, products, skin