How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2007
101st monkey airborne

I've found an excellent bronzer, if you can call it that, for pale skin is Laura Mercier's pressed powder in "Shimmer". Not too orange, brown, or pink, and it's difficult to overapply it. It makes me look less corpsey, when I'm going for that Land of the Living look.

03-04-2007
front row

Pale pinkies you should try Prescriptives Virtual Skin in Real Camelia. It's a blue/red base for cool toned pinky skin. It blends beautifully and is one of the few natural looking pale pink foundations out there. A cheaper option is L'Oreal True match in C1

31-08-2007
fashion insider

Nars Balanced Foundation Mont Blanc is very good for very fair/pale skin. It's for those with pink undertones. But Nars have product for very fair/pale skin with yellow undertones too.
I would feel really grateful if someone could help me with this question.
Are YSL and Kevyn Aucoin base products good for pale skin?

01-09-2007
Adore You

i like CoverGirl Fresh Complexion concealer in Creamy Neutral. the only neutral non-yellow concealer i can find so far that matches my skin tone

01-09-2007
Adore You

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79 View Post
as a person who have a custard/lemon-y (or simply, blue, i think) undertone.... it is hard to find a good orange lipstick for or just me biased on orange in general (i have like a bright, popsicle orange t-shirt, and i just look horrible in it lol)...
haha but anyhow... im going to hong kong this summer (as in a year routine ) and hopefully i will able to buy some tinited moisturiser and cream blush that would work on me....

if youre cool toned, ive read that you can wear orange if its salmony/or has a bit of pinkness to it. stay away from brownish orange or reddish orange!

01-09-2007
trendsetter

Jesus, wow! I bought some Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation yesterday in the third shade (light champagne) and THIS STUFF IS SO FREAKING PALE! It is almost white! Yea! Finally! My tan has been fading so I am too light for my usual Buff in Colorstay and I can't wear Ivory in Colorstay since it is so unbelieveably pink and orange to be called an Ivory shade. Anyhoo, I am just happy that I found a pale yellowy foundation

18-09-2007
trendsetter

im using maybelline dream matte powder in "light" right now it works pretty well so far, even though i didnt use it a lot.... because i dont wear foundation everyday...

19-09-2007
trendsetter

I bought some coty powder in naturelle today and it is lighter than the muted beige which I thought was super pale! It is so lovely to have a powder that makes me fair skin look porcelain instead of dirty, lol. Yea muted beige and naturelle coty!

19-09-2007
trendsetter

sorry, i just find out the the name of the foundation is not called light, it is call fair...

19-09-2007
leave me with your Borneo

MAC blot powder in light is veryvery pale - it's almost white. i've heard people complain that it makes them ghostly but it works well for me. it doesn't darken on your face after awhile like some other powders.

timeinc.net

19-09-2007
trendsetter

^ in the powder darkening thing is ver very very common...
the powder i bought in loreal is like this....it just turned me orange.... but im happy with this one right now... its very transculent

20-09-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79 View Post
^ in the powder darkening thing is ver very very common...
the powder i bought in loreal is like this....it just turned me orange.... but im happy with this one right now... its very transculent
I know! Drives me crazy when powder gets too dark! And loreal's powders always turn dark by afternoon. Did you use the trumatch? that one is the worst offender.

21-09-2007
trendsetter

^ wow how do u know O_O but the maybelline one (which apprently they are in the same group) didnt have that so far...

21-09-2007
front row

I use Benetint cheek stain and Benefit Georgia powder, gives me a light glow without looking fake...

In summer, when I'm slightly tanned or go out, I use Clinique city block sheer tintend underneath (way too dark for me in winter). But I really have to spread it out thinnly, or you'll notice it

Apart from that, concealer on spots. Eyeshadow (Sanssouci) in "Coffee" and brown mascara.

24-09-2007
front row

i am pale as hell. i've tried most of the big brand powders and foundations, and i absolutely cannot live without my Benefit Get Even compact.it smooths everything out so nicely without looking too...well powdery.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin