How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-05-2006
windowshopping

i use this peachy shimmer blush over my light foundation and it looks very nice and doesnt make me look like im from the un-dead. i have porcelain white skin (brown eyes, dark-black hair) and i use this liquid to powder foundation over my primer.

through experimenting i found that my whitish skin works well with silvers and gold eye shadow, sometimes browns. bronzers make my skin look very orange, so i stay away from that. also my lips stay nude most of the time, because too much shimmer doesnt look too good.

08-10-2006
windowshopping

I've got pale skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes.

On my skin, I wear a tinted moisturizer from ACO Skincare. I apply it on my forehead, along my cheekbones and on my chin. I blend well. It gives me a fresh colour, without looking fake or "tan".

Then I apply some peach-coloured blush. L''Oreal Blush Delicieux in 08-Nougat poudrč is a favourite. I also use The Body Shop stick blush in pinkish-tones.

I like black mascara, because it brings out the paleness in my skin. When it comes to eyeshadows, I haven't really figured out what's best for pale skin. I like light browns, gold, white, silver, pink and smokey eyes. All of these colours bring out the blue in my eyes.

I always wear red or plum-coloured lipstick.

Bronze:
(acohud.se)

Blush:
(minettes.nl)

L'Oreal panoramic curl mascara:
(drugstore.com)

MAC Lipstick in Russian Red:
(cosmeticmall.com)

MAC Lipstick Sheer Plum
(strawberrynet.com)

Last edited by Sunniva; 08-10-2006 at 03:07 AM.

08-10-2006
fashion insider

Ooooo, I like that Russian Red lipstick ^

08-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane
Ooooo, I like that Russian Red lipstick ^
It looks great on pale skin. I think it's a bit dry, but combined with a good lipbalm, it's fantastic.

I asked a MAC-artist about what colours I should wear, and she suggested their lipstick in "Redwood".

Don't think it's as dark as it seems here:
(beautysupply.us.com)

08-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

I love that Russian Red..
I will have to try it.

I love MAC's shell pearl beauty powder.

09-10-2006
fashion insider

Thanks Thale, I'll definitely check out those lipsticks next time I'm at MAC

Looovee the bright red!

09-10-2006
rising star

I just got the new MAC studio mist foundation (light) and the studio mist blush in pink and they are amazing. They give me a healthy look, cover some redness on the face and that's it. Before that I could use only Prescriptives custom blend because everything else was too yellow on my face. Btw I have dark brown hair and eyes.

12-10-2006
fashion insider

Givenchy balck for light mask
John Freida Luminous color gaze
Olay Dfinity foaming moisturising
Pixi hydrotint duo
creme de la mer the powder

12-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

thanks for the MAC studio mist rec. I also currently use Prescriptives custom blend as I have very strong pink undertones and I also like the coverage it gives me.

12-10-2006
rising star

A good sunscreen is a must - I use hight UV protection all year round,Anthelios Aqua Lait has spf 50+/ppd 28 and is not too shiny and does not make me look more pale than I am. Actually i think that one of it's ingredients oxydize and it gives a slightly tanned look. I am using L'Oreal Translucide powder mixed with potato starch to give it a lighter shade and not interfere with filters in Anthelios.
Just in case I look too pale, I put on some Sephora's bronzer (Soleil cuivre 01) , pink lip gloss (latest favourite is Bourjois 3D no 11 and violet Barbara Daily for Tesco), black mascara and I am on the go.
For everyday use I put on Redermic by La Roche Posay under my sunscreen, which brightens my skin with a high content of vit C (5%) and it's silicones help the sunscreen spread better.

13-10-2006
Nyx
front row

Has anyone used Cliniques CX series? I have a thin, pale skin which is quite sensitive. I'd love a smooth, white skin, but the sensitivity of my skin to stress, changes in temperature etc. means that I never seem to be able to get that even skintone. I saw an ad for Clinique about some products that seem to be targeted to a skin just like mine.

Now I'm thinking about trying at least the CX Redness Relief Cream ( http://www.clinique.com/templates/pr...CT_ID=PROD6017 ), but I'd like to hear some reviews first. Anyone?

11-11-2006
tfs star

Clinique CityBlock is really good. It's like a tinted moisturiser with SPF and makes your skin look great even if super pale like me.

11-11-2006
trendsetter

The natural look combined with a red lip looks fantastic on a pale person. Like that time Nicole Kidman on the red carpet wore that green dress and had the red lipstick, ooh! She looked nice. People with pale skin, like myself, often feel envious of tanned people. We should be happy, we have a blank, white canvas to work with.

Oh! And if you wanna warm up your face but bronzers always look orange on you (like they do one my albino-esque skin) use a powder with a golden undertone. Warms you right up and you don't look dirty like bronzer can.

11-11-2006
windowshopping

Does anybody know a good moisturizer for fair skin that is incredibly sensitive but dry? I've tried things for sensitive skin that still make my cheeks red and gross, so i mean crazyy sensitive. Or maybe I'm just allergic to something in a lot of lotions? All i know is that winter is coming and shits going down haha.

Last edited by ackulick; 11-11-2006 at 09:24 AM.

12-11-2006
trendsetter

ackulick, can u describe how u get allergy???? during winter i sometimes dont want to wash my face because it will cause me to brakeout sometimes but lol a lot of things will cause allegy and for me is cleanser- my skin is very picky abt it... i dunno if that is ur case but can u give me some idea of what is ur allegy look like?

btw if u have neutral pale skin, black/brown hair with brown eyes w/ olive/yellow/hazel tone, what kinda eye shadow would u use? i have into those big eyes/glossy lips kinda person but pale skin dont seems to good handling eye make up.... mayb i should have some change over it??!

Last edited by jjbunny79; 12-11-2006 at 05:26 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin