How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-11-2006
backstage pass

I just bought Cargo eyeshadow in Cyprus and it looks very nice, especially paired with brown eyeliner.

12-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylauda
I just bought Cargo eyeshadow in Cyprus and it looks very nice, especially paired with brown eyeliner.
good for u where did u put it? on the lid? in the crease?!?!?! seems kinda dark on the picture lol

and now im still searching my ultimate eyeshadow. i will look into Princess Imp's advice (and by now everyone is annoyed with "what would look good on me" kinda que :S)

Last edited by jjbunny79; 12-11-2006 at 06:52 PM.

13-11-2006
V.I.P.

next week or so, im going to force myself to go on the olay definity regime. i might skip the nighttime application, as my skin is oily. i hope the product works.

what's everyone else using for dark spots? my dark spots are due to sun damage and melasma. i hate them. has anyone asked their derm for products?

i think benefit dandelion and georgia blushes look good on me. i'm too pale for any kind of bronzer. i always have to buy the palest foundation.

those who have any kind of redness to check with their derms to make sure their problem isnt rosacia.

13-11-2006
rising star

does anyone have that vogue article from a couple of years ago on pale skin? i think the issue had demi moore on the cover (more importantly, lol, the article referred to pale skin as being "pale and aristocratic" and i'm attempting to prove to some friends of mine that being almost white-blue isn't a disease, lol)

13-11-2006
fashion icon

I love Mac mineralize skin finish in light shade and Mac strada matt blush, it really suits my pale complexion.

13-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
good for u where did u put it? on the lid? in the crease?!?!?! seems kinda dark on the picture lol

and now im still searching my ultimate eyeshadow. i will look into Princess Imp's advice (and by now everyone is annoyed with "what would look good on me" kinda que :S)
Just all over the lid. It does look darker in the container, once it's on it's a lighter, shimmery brown.

13-11-2006
VSFS 2009!

I really like Nars in Orgasm...it's a nice rosy glow and its not too heavy on pale skin

13-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassAngel
I really like Nars in Orgasm...it's a nice rosy glow and its not too heavy on pale skin
I came so close to buying that the other day, and now that I think about it I have no idea why I didn't.

13-11-2006
VSFS 2009!

Oh you should. It's price is okay and it lasts a long time, you don't need to reapply it much and it looks very natural I use it because I can look tired sometimes in the morning

13-11-2006
backstage pass

I will have to ask a parent about that (I'm all out of money because I just got back from NYC). I look really tired in the mornings too...probably because I normally am tired. All the color drains from my face

13-11-2006
backstage pass

Benefit Dandelion powder used as a blush! It's SO perfect for pale complexions. It's the only blush that doesn't make me look like a clown in all but dim night-time lighting. My new favorite foundation is Lancome Adaptive. It's matte enough to control my oily skin but not so much that it looks cakey. It gives a nice controlled, smooth glow, and the palest color is actually light, which is rare! I've had such a hard time finding foundations that don't turn orange on my skin.

I also have to echo other people's recommendation of YSL's Touche Eclat. It's just a subtle enough highlight.

13-11-2006
leave me with your Borneo

i like DDF's matte finish spf 30 sunblock, but it's a bit drying on my skin in the winter. i like to use broad-spectrum products w/ an SPF of at least 30. i've used Pola Suncut in the past and it worked well but was drying as well. when it comes to sunblock, i can't seem to find a happy medium between chalky/dry skin and oily slicked skin. any recommendations?

oh and factory girl, i've been wanting to try every product you've listed!

19-11-2006
front row

I like Chanel's Blanc Universel. It's great for bringing much needed light onto my face I'm not pale, I'm livid white Still looking for the perfect blush (and for someone to teach me how to apply it!)

My french makeup blog

20-11-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusilla
Benefit Dandelion powder used as a blush! It's SO perfect for pale complexions. It's the only blush that doesn't make me look like a clown in all but dim night-time lighting. My new favorite foundation is Lancome Adaptive. It's matte enough to control my oily skin but not so much that it looks cakey. It gives a nice controlled, smooth glow, and the palest color is actually light, which is rare! I've had such a hard time finding foundations that don't turn orange on my skin.

I also have to echo other people's recommendation of YSL's Touche Eclat. It's just a subtle enough highlight.
I suspect if foundations are going orange on you, it's because they are yellow and you are pink I got tired of every shade that matched me getting discontinued, and finally started getting Prescriptives Custom Blend. Just went yesterday to get some of the new Custom Blend concealer. The coverage is really good, although mine came out a bit paler than my foundation ... we can fix that next time.

20-11-2006
scenester

YSL Touche Eclat
Guerlain Meteorites
Bobbi Brown Bronzer
Chanel lipgloss in Praline
Nars Orgasm

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin