How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-10-2009
xx

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Foundation in Soft Ivory
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Concealer in Fair/Light

the lightest shades, more neutral than Jane Iredale. i found the JD too shimmery...
the concealer is more illuminating so good for the eyes but i dont think it should be used elsewhere, it could attract more attention to blemishes.

15-10-2009
backstage pass

I'm so confused, every make up forum I go on there are tons of girls moaning they can't find foundation pale enough. If thats the case, why do they keep discontinuing the pale shades of foundation. Chanel only does ONE pale foundation in one type of foundation, the matt lumiere, which is great but I don't always want to be matte! Then, I find out that there were two foundations in the lancome range, but they've stopped those, the 003 and 004 ranges in a few different finishes, but they've been stopped too. However, I looked on the american website and they have a whole range of ivoire over there.

I feel like starting a campaign. Surely illamasqua can't be the only foundation avaliable to pale people. It's nice and all, but it doesn't have the staying power, I want lancome, I want dior, I WANT CHANEL!

15-10-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Yes, pale people of the world unite!!!

16-10-2009
THE STRANGER

Mindbear, you must make a trip to asia and you will realize how our continent will treat you like royalty... Well when it comes to foundation shades at least :p

16-10-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Which reminds me, what about Shisheido ... do they have anything for pink tones?

16-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
Mindbear, you must make a trip to asia and you will realize how our continent will treat you like royalty... Well when it comes to foundation shades at least :p
I agree! I got a really great foundation colour from Shu Uemura in Japan, but the colour is not available in North America. There was even a shade lighter, which was too dark for me! That never happens. And it was pink based.

17-10-2009
front row

Sorry, I meant the lighter colour was TOO LIGHT

17-10-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Which reminds me, what about Shisheido ... do they have anything for pink tones?
They probably do, but I'm not too certain... I know Shu Uemura definitely does!

20-10-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I was excited to see what sort of range of foundation I could get in Singapore, but all of the lightest shades were yellow toned and still too dark for my skin I found the ByTerry light expert foundation (cheaper than at home too!) but they had run out of stock in the shade I needed

22-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
what about these products from benefit? i <3 their stuff, but im wanting to try these:

dandelion blush

the description sounds lovely.. "Start your day the "perk-me-up" way, and keep them guessing how you look so pretty this early in the morning. Dust on our soft, pink, perk-me-up powder for instant radiance and a youthful appearance. It's the perfect shade of pink that brightens everyone's complexion without looking powdery or chalky."

high beam

"The celebrity makeup artist's secret... this satiny pink highlighter creates a young, radiant, fresh complexion on all skin tones. Use it as a spot highlighter or blend all over your complexion...the soft-focus sheen is enticing and sexy."

***Please do not quote images***

any good? sound fab.
I have blonde hair, blue/grey eyes and very pale Irish skin! I found Dandelion to be reasonably good but relatively sheer so you had to layer it a bit. I personally prefer a more highly pigmented blush so I love the Nars ones. Highbeam is nice as a product to use at night-time. I find it a bit full on for day.

I LOVE the Estee Lauder and Chanel foundations. Their shades are just pale eoungh for me and particularly love Chanel's Pro Lumiere at the moment. Also am a fan of Nars blush in Orgasm, a shade that suits everyone!

Last edited by classicalbang; 23-10-2009 at 06:19 AM.

26-10-2009
tfs star

Huge YAY for High Beam. My skin has pink undertones and I dab it on my cheekbones up to my temples. It gives a nice sort of sheen with no glitter- I really dislike glittery makeup so it's perfect for me.

Also I'd recommendd Covergirl Smoothers in the lightest colour, it's super cheap but very good. It's very sheer but evens out my complexion well. My fave blushes are Stila Convertible Colour in Gerbera (peachy), Petunia (bright pink) and Lilium (pale ballet pink).

The only bronzer that doesn't make me look orange is Stephane Marais. Not sure if this has been discontinued, though?

Last edited by ckashie; 26-10-2009 at 07:37 AM.

26-10-2009
windowshopping

I second Fashionista-ta' s suggestion for MAC's prep+prime.

Does anyone else use L'Oreal's True Match products in porcelain? So far it's been the best foundation/cover up I've come across.

07-11-2009
rising star

The best foundation for very pale skin is from Cargo called F-10. I get it from Sephora.com. It's Cargo's oil free foundation.

I understand the pain of my pale sisters. For years I would look for a decent foundation. I don't buy brands from discount retailers. I get the best I can. I think the reason we can't find decent colors for pale is we are a very small segment of the market. But within that small segment we are very diverse. I think those with darker complexions are a larger majority, but not a diverse as we are. I skin is so transparent compared to darker complected persons, our undertones are so prominent.

I also use the following makeup:

Just for Redheads "Enchanting"--Lipstick
Benefit--ruby vibes--Lipstick
Nars--Masai--Lipstick
Neutrogena Lipgloss "Dreamy"
Smashbox lipgloss "35mm"
Laura Mercer lipliner "Chestnut"
Smashbox photo op undereye brightner
Covergirl concealer in ivory.
Laura Mercer flawless fixit in F16 "fair"
Covergirl Outlast smooth eyeliner in sage
Loreal Original Volumnous mascara in brown black
Smashbox gel eyeliner in brown --the best ever!!
Anastasia Strawburn Brow Powder for eyebrows
Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic blush--almost never use due to high pink undertones, save for evening low light occassions.
Smashbox Eye Shawdow Trio in "Smashbox.com"
Just for Redheads eyeshawdow in Olive leaf and Spanish moss.

By far Smashbox is my favorite for suitable colors for redheads.

07-11-2009
rising star

Oh P.S I have Strawberry Blonde Hair and Green-Grey eyes. And I have only met one other redhead with paler skin than me.

08-11-2009
front row

Veronika: Thanks for those! I'm a redhead, too, and I've never found anyone with paler skin than myself.

Bought some cheap Revlon lipstick in Pink Pout at the corner grocery today. The color goes really well against my skin.

Last edited by oiselet; 08-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin