How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-01-2010
backstage pass

probably less actually, maybe 35 or 40 euro? but may depend on your coutnry, i remember paying quite a bit for it in cz even with the exchange rate... it's around $50-60 USD here in NY depending on the store, and I think I paid about £30 in London a few months ago. it's well worth it though, i loooove it.

27-01-2010
front row

I've been having a problem with redness lately. What products are good for that, does anyone have any recommendations?

27-01-2010
backstage pass

^^ a few pages back people were talking about some different coloured concealer sticks

27-01-2010
front row

Thanks.

27-01-2010
fashion elite

Also if your face seems to get more red when you go out, you could try SPF. When I started using it recently everyday a few years ago my redness lessened a lot the first day. I use Clinique's Day SPF 15, very light and non reflective.

01-02-2010
backstage pass

I'm having a problem with finding the right shade of foundation for my very pale skin. I've recently bought the lightest shade (Ivory) of Revlon ColourStay foundation, but even that was too dark for me
Anyone knows a nice foundation for a very pale skin?

02-02-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

^ If you have access to Givenchy foundations, check those out. I wear Perfect Ivory in the Photo Perfexion, and Lift Dragee in the Stretch Tonic Skin Cream Foundation

02-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunn19 View Post
I'm having a problem with finding the right shade of foundation for my very pale skin. I've recently bought the lightest shade (Ivory) of Revlon ColourStay foundation, but even that was too dark for me
Anyone knows a nice foundation for a very pale skin?

I had the same problem with colorstay. If you're looking for an inexpensive foundation, I've had good luck with l'oreal true match. I was intrigued because it's what Dita Von Teese admits to using and it's actually quite nice. I ended up getting the lightest shade possible W1 (it's even lighter than the shade Dita uses) and it matches my skin perfectly. It also hasn't caused any breakouts

If you're looking to splurge a bit, Make Up Forever has really nice foundations, as well as Anna Sui.

02-02-2010
front row

What is a good foundation for very fair skin with a warm undertone? I find that so often very light foundations are more for people with a neutral or pink undertone, and the ones for warm skin are too dark.

Does anyone else experience this?

02-02-2010
fashion elite

i would need a good foundation that is for pale skin but also a little pinkish/reddish - i am really pale but not with a yellow or neutral undertone but more pinkish/reddish.

i'm hoping for advice

02-02-2010
backstage pass

Thank you for your answers, ladies. I'll definitely give those foundations a go. Hopefully I'll find a shade that's not too pink/not too yellow for my skin tone.

Btw, anyone tried Illamasqua foundations?

03-02-2010
backstage pass

I've got the illamasqua rich liquid foundation and it looks great when you apply it, fantastic even, but it flakes and creases and when it starts falling off your face you get very obvious red patches. Makes me sad because it looks incredible at first.

04-02-2010
fashion elite

^ Do you put any lotion on before applying your foundation? If its really dry out you're going to need some extra moisture or you're going to get flakey.

04-02-2010
backstage pass

I always moisturise, but as well as flaking it also separates from the oil on my face, so I can't win with it, it either cakes, flakes, or slides off. It's so upsetting!

I purchased a make up store foundation today, it's pale as pale can be, called milk and its very very pale indeed, and there is now a Make Up Store in the uk in Westfield, if anyone is london based!

05-02-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This is what the Givenchy skin tonic stretch cream in shade "lift dragee" looks like, if anyone is interested...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (43.1 KB, 20 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin