How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-03-2010
front row

Any tips for hiding acne scars on pale skin? I struggle quite a bit. If my scars are hidden i end up looking orange

FYI I use bobbi brown in porcelin which is a pretty much perfect match, if that helps understanding how pale I am. I just generally struggle with concealers, I was using bobbi brown's creamy concealer also in porcelin but I can't really afford that atm as I'm having to buy a new foundation this week and I'm only a poor student earning 55 a week

28-03-2010
backstage pass

Well, estee lauder seem to be giving away samples of double wear concealer at the mo, which covers everything and there's enough to last six months in the sample, with an applicator and everything! Otherwise Bourjois healthy mix concealer is great, it's my new favourite find!

28-03-2010
front row

Oooo thank you where do you get those from? Are they instore or online?

28-03-2010
backstage pass

Instore, I got mine as Westfield house of fraser, who are always lovely and generous. I am shockingly pale, and in the tube it looks like it might be too dark but when you get it on it's actually not. I'm a big fan of it because it covers everything and doesn't budge!

28-03-2010
front row

Thanks, I'm doing a big shopping trip in London soon (got to love Easter bonuses :p) so I'll pop in there.

28-03-2010
front row

Actually just looking at some reviews of the double wear foundation on an acne forum, sounds like it's very good coverage. Do they have a wide range of pale colours? I'm just thinking of changing as my foundation has little coverage tbh. It was nice before I had scars

28-03-2010
backstage pass

It's AMAZING coverage. Properly full coverage with a thin layer. It does show your pores, but in a way i'd rather that then seeing my skin, and it doesn't budge, unlike all my other foundations. They do a pale enough color for me, i'm alabaster/porcelain in bobbi brown, and I wear Shell or Bone. Both brilliantly pale!

28-03-2010
front row

Thanks I'll head into my local house of fraser on tuesday (payday, woohoo) and ask them to do a colour match for me. It's cheaper than what I'm using at the moment so what a bonus :p

28-03-2010
backstage pass

This is something I also want to try because of my skin troubles too

http://www.boots.com/en/Clinique-Ant..._-c9083_image1

Apparently not sold it shops? How do we colour match!?

28-03-2010
front row

Doesn't look like it has a very pale colour. I've had trouble with clinique in the past, my mum took me there to have a makeover and the woman couldn't match any foundation to my skin tone, they were all to dark. So she stripped me of make up and only put eyeshadow back on, wasn't best pleased

30-03-2010
backstage pass

Oh my god, I hate that, it's either they paint you brown and make you look awful or leave you miserable and make up-less. RUDE!

Just to report back on my estee lauder experience. I have shell, and in the bottle it looks quite brown. However, you need the tiniest of amounts and it covers everything in its path. On top of that, I just wore it to work, where I dj in a very cramped, hot, sweat filled club for six hours sweating my hair dye out all night. I looked in the mirror at four am, where I am used to seeing all my foundation patching off and looking awful, and although VERY slightly cakey, it was all there, completely covering my horrid red skin. I'm absolutely over the moon with it!

30-03-2010
front row

She was meant to be doing me a full makeover as well, you'd of thought she'd suggest another brand and send me over there to get a base seeings as I was in a department store

I've just come back from shopping, I got the double wear one in shell and my god i just tried it - I'm in love already

Oooo and that's so good! I go to a lot of gigs so I'm glad to hear it passes the sweaty cramped room test :p

I think I might have to go and buy the concelear as well next pay day I'm that impressed!

30-03-2010
V.I.P.

i have pale skin too in general but i cant find a water proof/ colorstay concealor or foundation that actually lasts!

any suggestions?!?

30-03-2010
fashion elite

^NYX liquid foundation in Pale is my favourite foundation at the moment. Its waterproof and has a matte/velvet finish.

It also helps to cover my acne scars so those looking for a pale concealer might like to consider this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardybum8 View Post
Any tips for hiding acne scars on pale skin? I struggle quite a bit. If my scars are hidden i end up looking orange

FYI I use bobbi brown in porcelin which is a pretty much perfect match, if that helps understanding how pale I am. I just generally struggle with concealers, I was using bobbi brown's creamy concealer also in porcelin but I can't really afford that atm as I'm having to buy a new foundation this week and I'm only a poor student earning 55 a week
GOSH and (rather surprisingly) mememe do some excellent pale concealers. You can get them both in larger Superdrug stores.

superdrug.com

alternatively you could try putting on concealer first (the one that you said is too dark) and then put a little foundation on top. Make sure you use a light hand and thin layers otherwise it could go a bit cakey.

30-03-2010
V.I.P.

thanks hun

il def check it out!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin