How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
alternatively you could try putting on concealer first (the one that you said is too dark) and then put a little foundation on top. Make sure you use a light hand and thin layers otherwise it could go a bit cakey.
Thanks, that's how I apply concealer already but I'll definately check out the two you suggested

30-03-2010
backstage pass

So glad you like the foundation, it really has such staying power. The coverage with just a thin layer is immense. and you don't get shine, I think i've found my daily foundation! I'm so used to looking in a mirror half way through a night and seeing a red shiny face, that when I didn't see that I was totally confused. A nice surprise!

31-03-2010
V.I.P.

and you use no setting powder on top? do you think it will hold on an oily skin? I've tried the double wear powder foundation version and it was really good but I'm itching to try a different formula

01-04-2010
backstage pass

Yeah it sticks. I'll be honest, after a good ten hours there is a very slight shine around my extremely greasy nose, but there is with ANYTHING with me, no matter what i've done. I think it's an amazing foundation!

08-04-2010
fashion elite

i use "Dermablend" by Vichy in the lightest colour "15 opal" this is perfect for my realy light skin... and it covers perfect

08-04-2010
trendsetter

I was matched by an MA in Space NK for By Terry Lumiere Veloutee in ivoire rose ... beautiful on my skin at the start, but it just cakes and goes all chalky, bad times. So even though i hate the smell of Bobbi Browns foundations i've decided to have a go with her alabaster shade in the luminous formula, i hope it all goes okay, if it does i'll let you know.

also incidentally, finding pale makeup in my neck of the woods, ironically, is very hard. I live in Scotland so there are people here that are so pale they are nearly blue and still guerlain reserve their pale shades for asia, and the rest of the counters, bar Bobbi Brown, i.e Chanel in particular, reserve their paler shades for London ... i can't be flying to london just to buy makeup lol, they should think about this, i find it odd lol.

Last edited by Voltaire 6; 08-04-2010 at 11:43 AM.

15-04-2010
Deep Red Bells

I have been loving NARS Orgasm Illuminator very much.
It's perfect for spring/summer.
I would recommend it for those who don't like to use bronzer but still want to look like you come out of your cave every once and a while.

15-04-2010
fashion elite

hmm not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I was wondering what sun protection you guys use on your face?

Im currently using Soltan spf 30 everyday but I think I need to up it to spf 50 (or higher) now that the sun is starting to poke out from behind the clouds.
I was going to just get the spf 50 Soltan do but Im curious if there is anything else I should look into.

I thought about trying the Peter Thomas Roth instant mineral spf 45...has anyone had any experience of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
also incidentally, finding pale makeup in my neck of the woods, ironically, is very hard. I live in Scotland so there are people here that are so pale they are nearly blue and still guerlain reserve their pale shades for asia, and the rest of the counters, bar Bobbi Brown, i.e Chanel in particular, reserve their paler shades for London ... i can't be flying to london just to buy makeup lol, they should think about this, i find it odd lol.
I know exactly what you mean; its crazy and so frustrating!

I've noticed that a lot of the paler shades from drugstore brands that are available in the US are not available here. Maybelline in particular seem to withhold the lighter shades from us for some odd reason

15-04-2010
front row

^I have the Peter Thomas Roth spf 45 I like it but don't know if I love it. The brush is a little too rough, and mine has a slight tint to it that's too dark for my skin so unless I'm really careful to put just a very light layer on, it looks like i have orangey splotches on my face I love the concept though and it makes it so much easier to put sunscreen on during the day when I'm running around. I just wish they would make one that doesn't have any tint to it.

15-04-2010
trendsetter

I'm now officially depressed on the makeup front ... all foundation has this horrid orange tone, no matter how pale it is, it seems more pronounced in paler foundations in fact, i don't feel right now not wearing makeup so please provide makeup companies of the world ... or i shall put the money towards doing it myself.

as you can probably tell purchases did not go well.

15-04-2010
trendsetter

The only foundation that matched my skintone really good was Diorskin Nude 10. I don't have it because I have acne and can't use a foundation that contains oil. I don't want to buy it, give it a try and see if it breaks me out, because it's a bit too expensive for that. It doesn't say oil-free, but it says that it contains 40% water, so what do you girls think?

So Voltaire 6, Diorskin Nude 10 is the palest foundation I've ever tried, and it doesn't have a orange tone. You should try it

15-04-2010
trendsetter

^
thanks fleurdelys, i have tested it, and it was nice in the shop but it was just too yellow toned, pink undertones are my dilemma unfortunately, but you are right it's a nice foundation thats very comfortable.

15-04-2010
trendsetter

Oh, sorry. I thought it wasn't that yellow, but I have yellow undertone, so I didn't notice it.

I don't get it. I have yellow undertone, and yet almost all foundations I try are too yellow, except for Diorskin Nude. I guess it's even harder for people with pink undertone.

15-04-2010
trendsetter

it is ... oh lord it is ... we need to do something about it lol.

15-04-2010
fashion elite

Voltaire 6 - I said it before but really you need NYX liquid foundation. I know its really off putting not being able to try it out before buying but I swear its fabulously pale with a subtle pink undertone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregeous View Post
^I have the Peter Thomas Roth spf 45 I like it but don't know if I love it. The brush is a little too rough, and mine has a slight tint to it that's too dark for my skin so unless I'm really careful to put just a very light layer on, it looks like i have orangey splotches on my face I love the concept though and it makes it so much easier to put sunscreen on during the day when I'm running around. I just wish they would make one that doesn't have any tint to it.
argh, think I'll give it a miss definitely a good idea though
thanks

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin