How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2010
trendsetter

^
i'll have a look at swatches

at that price it's worth a go. thanks.

15-04-2010
trendsetter

I'm going to recommend a makeup base.
I know it's expensive, and i shelled out 40 quid for it, but wow what a buy for pale skin like mine
Guerlain Meteorites Perles Make-Up Base.

mywomenstuff.com

it's just really good, gives an amazing glow and it smells of violets, gel formula. Not sure if it is good for pores, but i know it isn't the best for covering redness or imperfections like it claims, but you forget about that when your makeup is still on at the end of the day and you are still glowing lol.

pricy but good, very good imo.

16-04-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
I was matched by an MA in Space NK for By Terry Lumiere Veloutee in ivoire rose ... beautiful on my skin at the start, but it just cakes and goes all chalky, bad times. So even though i hate the smell of Bobbi Browns foundations i've decided to have a go with her alabaster shade in the luminous formula, i hope it all goes okay, if it does i'll let you know.

also incidentally, finding pale makeup in my neck of the woods, ironically, is very hard. I live in Scotland so there are people here that are so pale they are nearly blue and still guerlain reserve their pale shades for asia, and the rest of the counters, bar Bobbi Brown, i.e Chanel in particular, reserve their paler shades for London ... i can't be flying to london just to buy makeup lol, they should think about this, i find it odd lol.
i'm in scotland and pale (porcelain in bobbi brown as an example) and i use mac face and body in C1 which is the palest shade. you should get them to test that on you, although it is very light coverage. keep trying with stuff though, by the sounds of it seems the problem is the foundation oxidizing on your skin and turning a different colour, rather than the foundation colour itself being wrong from the outset. perhaps you could try a primer?

edit: sorry, just read that you are using a base above.

Last edited by tifa; 16-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.

27-04-2010
front row

DiorSkin foundations seem to compliment my pale skin quite well. Many light shades to choose from. I highly recommend it.

I have pale skin, dark brown hair and light green eyes. Does anyone know what eyeshadow or lipsticks would look good with that combination and make my pale skin look even more pronounced? Thanks in advance

27-04-2010
trendsetter

Try Copper colored eyeshadow. And sparkle dark grey/light black

27-04-2010
trendsetter

oh and lipstick - do coral.

07-05-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisia View Post
I have pale skin, dark brown hair and light green eyes. Does anyone know what eyeshadow or lipsticks would look good with that combination and make my pale skin look even more pronounced? Thanks in advance
i have similar coloring, except my eyes are blue. i've found the best ways to emphasize your (our!) paleness are contrast and simplicity.

contrast: keep your hair dark! DON'T. GET. HIGHLIGHTS. if you think your hair looks boring or flat, get lowlights. the difference between dark hair & light skin/eyes is really striking.

simplicity: what makes the folks on this thread extra beautiful isn't just the color of our skin--it's the quality. i'm all for wearing fun/wild/pretty colors (whoever said copper & gold for eyes is 1000% right!), but the most basic face can be equally striking vis a vis paleness. sunscreen, black mascara, and a lip/cheek tint as needed.

and since you're already on fashion spot, pick a few celebrities a/o models who have the same basic traits and subscribe to those threads to get ideas--i'd wager jennifer connelly would be a great source of inspiration.

hth!

07-05-2010
front row

Thank you both very, very much! It was really helpful since I've found it hard to find advice on the dark hair/light eyes/pale skin combo. I'll give those recommendations a day.

09-05-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think its always worth looking for celebs who have your skin/hair/eyes color combo because obviously they have professional makeup artists and it's nice to see them try different looks.

09-05-2010
V.I.P.

i'm pale with prominent freckles and 1 flat mole on my jawline. how can i make the freckles look less prominent? they tend to show through with any product i've purchased.

anyone have any foundation recommendations for this problem?
ive thought about getting a compact solid foundation just for a change of pace. but that might be folly in the summer months.

09-05-2010
tfs star

awww sorry i can't help you, but why hide the freckles?!
personally, i find them very charming, and often wish i had them myself
lol but yeah, unfortunately i can't help you with tips on hiding them.

09-05-2010
V.I.P.

I've fallen in love with the Paul & Joe "Moisturising Foundation Primer" in sugared almond. It matches my pale skin so well, blends easily and the scent is heavenly. There's no real need to use a "real" foundation in addition either.

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
awww sorry i can't help you, but why hide the freckles?!
personally, i find them very charming, and often wish i had them myself
Me too! I have even spend some time to draw me some
I think they are super cute but I understand why everybody is not fan of them.. I remember try to hide my skin problems with Joe Blasco, they should cover pretty much everything (according my seller)

10-05-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i'm pale with prominent freckles and 1 flat mole on my jawline. how can i make the freckles look less prominent? they tend to show through with any product i've purchased.

ive thought about getting a compact solid foundation just for a change of pace. but that might be folly in the summer months.
The only thing that will cover them is a heavy foundation or put a concealer on them where they're prominent.

12-05-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post

no no no! Please don't cover your beautiful freckles up

This article (and beautiful picture) really made me love mine:

vogue uk - scanned by me

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin