How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-05-2010
fashion elite

also read this: Make-up to compliment freckles

12-05-2010
fashion elite

Nude eyes for pale skin

what you need:
Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil in Wheat
Mac eye shadow in Omega
Guerlain Two Brush mascara in Brun
Origins Multi-Grain Makeup
Mac Shadestick
Clinique Eye Contour Brush
Origins Powder Foundation Brush

Step 1

Using a soft eye-shadow brush, sweep a light mineral foundation powder across the entire eyelid and brow bone. Minerals are less finely cut than most powders, so they help to create a solid base for the eye shadow.

Step 2

For the nude eye it’s all in the detail, so banish any dark shadows from underneath with a warm, light-reflecting concealer. Apply in dots, not forgetting the bridge of the nose, and blend with fingertips.

Step 3

Take a light, matt nude eye shadow and dust it across the entire eyelid with a small eye-shadow brush. Apply several layers until you can see a faint nude tone.

Step 4

With the same small brush, sweep a slighter darker, taupe eye shadow across the socket line, from the inner corner to the outer corner, concentrating the density towards the outer corner.

Step 5

Take a nude eyeliner or eye-shadow stick and line the inner rim of the lower lash line to awaken tired eyes. If you don’t have a nude eyeliner to hand, blondes can use their usual soft eyebrow pencil.

Step 6

Coat the upper and lower lashes with a soft brown or clear mascara. Black mascara would take the attention away from the softness of the nude. Don’t swamp the lashes, one layer is all you need.

source: women.timesonline.co.uk

12-05-2010
V.I.P.

i'm not talking about small freckles that are usually sprinkled across peoples' noses...

i'm talking about large dark age spots or moles. i dont want people thinking i'm walking around with a large melanoma on my face. age spots AGE people. i also don't want people to think i am older than I am.

12-05-2010
fashion elite

http://www.videojug.com/interview/ho...ver-freckles-2

12-05-2010
rising star

I am naturally blonde and very pale, I wish people would stop saying I would look better with a tan
Rant over, I really love the Bobbi Brown Correcter currently, the light shades are actually light enough for me for a change!

12-05-2010
trendsetter

^
i've been using this under the eyes and on the red bits instead of foundation recently, really good stuff.

and i'm blonde and pale too lol, don't go and get a tan lol, we are unique lol, or at least rare in our neck of the woods

15-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i'm not talking about small freckles that are usually sprinkled across peoples' noses...

i'm talking about large dark age spots or moles. i dont want people thinking i'm walking around with a large melanoma on my face. age spots AGE people. i also don't want people to think i am older than I am.
you can try to use a corrector first for the age spot, but with mole it is harder to disguise because they have a bump and they are harder to cover...

17-05-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
^
i've been using this under the eyes and on the red bits instead of foundation recently, really good stuff.

and i'm blonde and pale too lol, don't go and get a tan lol, we are unique lol, or at least rare in our neck of the woods
That is true, thanks for the vote of confidence

I wouldn't be able to fake tan anyway, I would have to do in between my toes and behind my ears to make it even vaguely natural looking!

It might sound like a strange one, but I recommend OPI Strawberry Margarita for pale skin. For some reason, I really love it against my skin tone

17-05-2010
trendsetter

^
thanks for the tip

and lol at your fake tan plan, between your toes etc, it made me laugh lol.

18-05-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
^

I LOVE the corrector too. I can wear it without the concealer on top on my dark circles on my good days, but sometimes my circles are really dark and need that yellowness on top.

we were in love

26-05-2010
rising star

Does anyone know of a good make-up primer with SPF in it? Mac and Make Up For Ever have them, but they are too pricey for me, as I'm on a student budget.

26-05-2010
V.I.P.

^I've mentioned it before... Paul & Joe "Moisturising Foundation Primer" in sugared almond with SPF 12. I can't do without anymore.

26-05-2010
trendsetter

student budget did I hear??? well may i recommend Avon Magix Face Perfector, it's a good primer with an spf 20, which is higher than most. It has a matte finish, and it fills in pores, same consistensy as that clinique pore refiner gel-y thing that i can't remember the name of, comes in a long purple tube, anyway, yeah. good base, does what ti says on the tin and rn is £7.00 on their website ... yeah avon have a website now lol, cool.

26-05-2010
rising star

^ Thanks to you both for the suggestions! I'd never heard of Paul & Joe before. I'll check both primers out

27-05-2010
V.I.P.

does anyone here uses Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation? In my country the lightest shade available is Fresco which is a 2N2 shade..imagine! I'm a MAC NC15 and 20 in the summer. I am going to order the right color online because there are at least 4 lighter shades available before the one they sell as the lightest in my country..here's the chart if anyone is kind enough to recommend a match!
http://www.esteelauder.com/product/s...RODUCT_ID=3894

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin