How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-07-2010
backstage pass

Regarding skin tone I found this and it's a little helpful:
http://www.akheadshots.com/textpages/colorguide.html

However I thought determining your skintone by seasons was a little outdated?

17-07-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I use a Smashbox stick concealer under my eyes and it works really well. It's quite heavy which is nice because some things like Touche Eclat seem to be water based and I find they can make my skin look a bit dry. The smashbox concealer is yellow based which counteracts the blueness under my eyes quite well.

Thanks, Meg!

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I use a Smashbox stick concealer under my eyes and it works really well. It's quite heavy which is nice because some things like Touche Eclat seem to be water based and I find they can make my skin look a bit dry. The smashbox concealer is yellow based which counteracts the blueness under my eyes quite well.
is this water-proof?!

18-07-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't know - I haven't cried or gone swimming with it on! However, I do use a dampened brush when applying it and it seems to blend the product quite nicely. It won't liquefy and stream down your face if it encounters water but it won't stay on entirely either would be my guess.

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

^ thank you!

18-07-2010
fashion elite

does anyone know of any talc free pressed finishing powders that are light enough for ghostly skin?
the cheaper the better....[/poor student]

18-07-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
does anyone know of any talc free pressed finishing powders that are light enough for ghostly skin?
the cheaper the better....[/poor student]
I think ELF does one, it's called Studio High Definition Powder.
These are the ingredients:
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica
It's only £6 too.
http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~144.htm

18-07-2010
windowshopping

Physicians Formula also makes talc-free powder.

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

What kind of mascara do you all use? I find that black looks a little to harsh (I'm a very fair blonde) and brown kind of enhances the veins in my eyes which doesn't look all that pretty. I find that burgundy looks very nice with light eyes and skin and I also like gold or bronze colored mascara to color just the tips of my lashes to make them look longer (or actually make them look as long as they really are). Any other suggestions?

18-07-2010
windowshopping

Brownish black is pretty and not too harsh. Eggplant is also a pretty color as well.

23-07-2010
fashion elite

forgot to say thanks for the powder recs

just came across this little tip about making fair skin look radient and healthy without adding a tan or golden sheen:
Quote:
All you need to do is mix whatever body moisturiser you like with a product like Benefit High Beam, MAC Strobe Cream, or Lauder Spotlight. Mix it to the intensity of sheen you want depending on event and time of day and apply it just like a moisturiser. The effect will be like you have polished your skin and those three products will be the right tone for your skin colouring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
What kind of mascara do you all use? I find that black looks a little to harsh (I'm a very fair blonde) and brown kind of enhances the veins in my eyes which doesn't look all that pretty. I find that burgundy looks very nice with light eyes and skin and I also like gold or bronze colored mascara to color just the tips of my lashes to make them look longer (or actually make them look as long as they really are). Any other suggestions?
Get your lashes tinted! I had my done for the first time a couple of years ago and I've never looked back. They really make a huge difference but look completely natural. I dont really wear mascara unless Im going out at night (I wear brown/black) so during the day I just curl my lashes and put either some vaseline or clear mascara on so they look glossy.

26-07-2010
windowshopping

Hi! Does anyone know where I can find Chanel blanc universal de chanel? I cant seem to find any available.. Is it made under a different name now?

27-07-2010
front row

My legs are deathly pale... what are some tanning lotions that won't make me too dark and don't smell terrible?

27-07-2010
trendsetter

All tanning lotions smell terrible unfortunately... but I love using a moisturizer with a bit of tanning stuff in it. It doesn't give you a tan right away but after a few applications it starts to show up. You can build it as much as you want. I use one by Dove. It exists in two versions, one for light and one for darker skin.

beauty-mania.rs

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 27-07-2010 at 02:21 PM.

28-07-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I go with very dark black (I'm ultra pale and blonde. Not platinum blonde more like honey blonde/strawberry blonde) but I like to highlight my green eyes a lot and I'm obsessed with having ultra long lashes. What I do is still use the super dark mascara but I use earthy shadow tones like a gold or bronze to make it look a little more toned down while still looking glam if that makes sense lol Colored mascaras just never did it for me because I find they don't make my lashes pop as much which, for me, is bad I like high impact lashes

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin